4a/4b textur/relaxed heads how long do you leave relaxers on for...

Nanyanika

to achieve texturixed or straight hair. i'm switching to regular strength as mild leaves my hair underprocessed if not left on for 30-35 minutes=bad burns. Well the instructions for regular says to leave on for 15 minutes medium textured hair. so i just want a rough idea how long it takes to loosen hair to curls or to straighten completely, because i only want to texturize but i will do strand tests first...btw my next relaxer is not till feb/march 2005. I hope i've made sense.

Faith

I used Affirm mild and it was left on 10-13 minutes which was perfect. I wouldn't leave it in longer than 13 minutes.
I'm not too sure about the regular...I know Adrienne leaves it about 5-10 minutes (however long it takes to apply it..she doesn't smooth it out).

zoya_j

i have some underprocessed parts, the first time i left it on for about 15 minutes and did very little smoothing, i was afraid it would get too straight. now that i have a better idea of the process i'll go for 20 min and try to correct the underprocessed parts wish me luck

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
i have some underprocessed parts, the first time i left it on for about 15 minutes and did very little smoothing, i was afraid it would get too straight. now that i have a better idea of the process i'll go for 20 min and try to correct the underprocessed parts wish me luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Good luck!!! Zoya, and remember to do your strands tests to get the exact tecture you desire.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
den1, When I used regular strength (Revlon Realistic lye), I left it on for about 30 minutes to texturize. Like you, mild doesn't do it. However, it sounds like my hair is a bit more resistant than yours. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I did multiple strand tests beforehand and sometimes do my hair in sections. I am now using Super to texturize because I want a less curly look.

Nanyanika

Thanks curlycurly, did you see my updates? if not have a look in my texturized album,thank-you so much for your help.

Edited to say: OMG you use SUPER your hair is very resistant, much more than mine.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
No, I didn't see the update. I clicked on the link and only saw one picture for 2004 and it was dated for December. Congrats on the progress. Now you know what the rest of us have been raving about with texturizing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Isis

I use a regular strength for 10 minutes only. That includes smoothing time. I do mine in sections so I can focus on the new growth more.

dannie

Too long. The last time I did a perm was Sept. I used Elasta QP in super strength and left it on for 30mins plus I used conditioner before neutralizing and I still have deep waves. Now it's 1 month later and I feel like I need a touch-up already. My hair has grown back since my trims in July/Aug, but I don't think it's growing that fast, for my roots to look the way they do.

Either that perm was old and not effective or my hair is growing super fast.

zoya_j

ok i did my touch up today i left it on for 20 min like i said i would and only smoothed through underprocessed sections. it came out very nice(the underprocessed parts are still a little frizzy, i guess it's a little more resistant than the rest of my hair and i won't be trying to correct it anymore) and i'm suprised at all the length i have now. i could kick myself for lending out my camera. Anyways, i'll post pics tomorrow.

Queenie

I use super for 10 min in the back and 5 min in the front. I'd like to go down to regular when I finish the super. My relaxers were 20 min w/super.