4a/4b that do braid/twist outs

eyunka

Aloe Vera Gel and braid/twist outs on 4a/4b

Have any of you used aloe vera get with you braid/twist outs and what were the results compared to other products if used?

My braid/twist turn out really well with water, mango butter and wild hair oil but it occured to me would the aloe vera make it have the more wet look but it's really dry. Some insight please.

Last edited:

Mecca_Goddess

Well I am 4b, I also use FOTE alove vera gel in my twist, but I never get the "wet look"... I gather that depending on your hair type, you may get different results.... HTH

Healthb4Length

I tried FOTE for me twistout a long time ago. My results were nice and shiny...for 2 hrs then it just dried out and looked HAM! I was not happy. I find that my hair does not respond well to Aloe (straight up) or Glycerine.

mscocoface

I have done twists with aloe vera gel and about a week or so later twisted out my hair. I don't recall a problem with it.

gloomgeisha

Re: Aloe Vera Gel and braid/twist outs on 4a/4b

Have any of you used aloe vera get with you braid/twist outs and what were the results compared to other products if used?

My braid/twist turn out really well with water, mango butter and wild hair oil but it occured to me would the aloe vera make it have the more wet look but it's really dry. Some insight please.

I have tried using gels for twist outs on my 4a hair and it never came out too well for me. Not enough definition, tons of dryness and crispyness and I tried to apply a moisturizing leave in ahead of time to correct this- but ya know, c'est la vie.

Now I like to use Jamaican Mango and Lime Locking Beeswax w/ Avocado butter. The Avocado gives nice moisture and shine, and the beeswax gives me hold. I'm going to do it tonight and try sitting under the dryer. I'll take pics in the morning so you can see how it looks.

Guapa1

I've mixed aloe vera gel with shea butter and had good results. It wasn't crunchy like when I've tried it with gel by its self.

yellagirl730

Re: Aloe Vera Gel and braid/twist outs on 4a/4b

I use fantasia aloe vera gel mixed with carrot oil, so good so far, no crispiness.

cmw45

Aloe vera gel makes my hair really dry and it makes my twists and twist outs really crunchy. :nono:

Twisties

I have used aloe vera gel with an oil to do twists and later wear a twist out and it worked for me. I used Fruit of the Earth and added Fantasia PM oil...