4a/b's - Who Flat Iron - What Temperature Setting Do You Use?

What temperature setting do you use to flat iron?

• Less than 300 degrees

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 300 to 350 degrees

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • 350 to 400 degrees

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • More than 400 degrees

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYLegalNewbie

If you're a Type 4a/b who flat irons, what temperature setting do you use?

Also, do you find that if you roller set that you're able to use a lower temperature setting?

Katt73

Also, do you find that if you roller set that you're able to use a lower temperature setting?

I don't know if you're looking for natural or relaxed 4's, but I'm relaxed and I never take it over 300.

SpyCats

I am 4B and I flat iron on occasion (every 3-6 months). I use a Maxiglide to flatiron my hair, although I don't know what temperature is, the setting is between 5 and 6 on the dial.

HTH

HoneyDew

I am texlaxed and I use between 300 and 330 depending on how close I am to touch-up time. Never go higher than that though.

scorpian

I can use a lower setting after a fresh relaxer but after the new growth starts coming in I turn it all the way up :look:

BonBon

Anyone with fine hair....:look:

Im natural 4a but I cant turn it up more than 150 coz Im scared for my fine strands:perplexed

kiesha8185

I really don't know what I am, 4a or 4b, but I'm relaxed and use Maxiglide between 6-8 with no damage or breakage. I'm not sure what temp that is.

Lissamz

I use the highest setting because I like my hair really straight...I don't know how to roller set:nono:..Maybe when it gets a little longer..

aloof one

I have almost 3 inches of NG and I use my CHI. I don't know what temp its on but it glides through my 4a hair and does a great job on my 4b hair (even though that part of it reverts almost a day or so later). I have some 3c and I barely have to touch it with the Chi if I detangle first.

malibu4590

I'm relaxed and I never go higher than 220 on the new growth and 170 for the relaxed hair. So between 17 and 22 on my flat-iron's dial. The limit my flat-iron reaches is 420 degrees.

Last edited:

cocoberry10

I’m transitioning, so my flat iron is in retire mode:lol:, but I usually do it on a medium or highest setting. I have a CHI