4a's dealing with rough ends, frizz, etc

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I am the queen of frizzy ends,rough ends, etc when i flat iron my hair. But I have discovered a few things in the last few months that have really helped me and may help you too :)

When I don't wear my hair straightened i really pour on the coconut oil. In other words, when I wear my hair slicked in a ponytail, or while wearing wash and go's, after putting on my leave in product, i seal seal seal with coconut oil paying attention the ends at least twice a day.

When i do straighten i remember that LESS IS MORE. Just a little bit of infusium leave in, and a light spraying of my thermal protectant is enough to do the job.

When blowdrying for the last few times i have used my tourmaline blowdryer and not used a comb attachment. Just pull the hair tautly and run the dryer up and down the length. Just make sure you have detangled well in the shower beforehand. It really works and i was the biggest skeptic.

After blowdrying i put a dime sized amount of my ors anti-frizz polisher all throughout the hair. I also put a smidge on after i'm done straightening, as well as every night before i roll my hair. This stuff is not heavy/greasy if used properly and is really great for my hairs frizz problem. I love it!

Right before i maxiglide each section i take my small toothed comb and comb out the section. This part is crucial for me to reduce the snags of the maxiglide and to also get the ends right so they can be straightened. I have found that if I don't do that my ends are horrendous. Now one word of caution, when I did this the last time i did lose a very small ball of hair. My hair is pretty curly, especially on the ends, and since i didn't use the comb attachment while blowdrying, the ends were not superstraight. Also, my hair tends to be dry so sometimes i will have my ends popping when i comb like that.

All in all my hair now gets much straighter and frizz free using this process. Will try to post a pic in a moment even though my hair is curly right now. I have found that my hair style now lasts longer by using this method and also my curls are super boingy (is that a word?).

cocosweet

I wish I had seen this before I posted my thread a few minutes ago! I'm already chummy with coconut oil. I learned long ago that comb attachments are the devil. I don't even own a hair dryer at the moment.
After blowdrying i put a dime sized amount of my ors anti-frizz polisher all throughout the hair. I also put a smidge on after i'm done straightening, as well as every night before i roll my hair. This stuff is not heavy/greasy if used properly and is really great for my hairs frizz problem.
I'll have to try this trick.

harrison

To be honest. I am fearful of flatironing my hair. I did it once and it came out ok. Not like a professional.. but ok.

Bre... do you or have you used a pressing comb? If so, how does it compare to the flatiron?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

To be honest. I am fearful of flatironing my hair. I did it once and it came out ok. Not like a professional.. but ok.

Bre... do you or have you used a pressing comb? If so, how does it compare to the flatiron?

I haven't used a pressing comb in years. Well thats a lie, i use it for my edges, kitchen, etc. I trained myself with the flatiron so with a pressing comb i would be all thumbs.

Will post pics tomorrow morning if anyone is interested. I forgot to do it today and my hair is all rolled up.

shynessqueen

I have frizzy ends too. I was slowly cutting it off. I hope after i take theses braids out I'm MBL so i can cut them completely off. It only about 1-2 inches left.

SunnyDelight

Hey Bre Bre -

No comment about rough ends or frizziness. Just wanted to say that I LOVE how you include your Princess in this forum - Great mother - teaching her about sisterhood already. Your pictures are adorable and she is too cute. Looks like she got worn out partying.

Oh, and for your hurrrrr - I lurves it! Thanks for the tips.