4b/ 4c Naturals Growth Thread

LdyKamz

I washed and deep conditioned today. It's protein week and they are always the best. My hair is always on point during protein weeks. I think I might look for a conditioner with maybe some silk protein in it but with moisture ingredients higher on the list for my moisture weeks.

Anyway I was so lazy. I used Njoy's detox, then shampoo then Joico moisture recovery balm. I didn't use my reconstructor this time and I was supposed to do a gloss but maybe in 2 weeks. I have my hair in bantu knots now airdrying and it looks like it will come out ok. But my sides are in the awkward stage. Long enough to easily twist now but still weird looking with the rest of the style. I'm gonna do some housework and think about how I'll blend the sides with the rest. Wish me luck ladies.

MizzBFly

So how can I safely wear puffs without hurting my hair? My hair seems to like to be loose because when I wear puffs, buns (when my hair is longer) or anything where I have to pull my hair back I am rewarded with a broken nape and bald spot at the top of my head every single time it never fails. I've got a handle on how not to get a bald spot at the top but my hair on the sides and back? It does not like having anything on it. But my hair is long enough now for a decent puff and wearing it any other way looks weird. I have no idea what to do.
Stay moisturized and secure the puff as loosely and taunt at the same time. Move the bun in different positions on your crown, Ive become so partial to the side puff myself

Attachments

• 09FD8257-A95A-4206-B1F5-CE51F582C43A.jpeg
    09FD8257-A95A-4206-B1F5-CE51F582C43A.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 132
  • 28D22D81-2A84-4EE6-AC7A-B5300B5BAAE3.jpeg
    28D22D81-2A84-4EE6-AC7A-B5300B5BAAE3.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 127

snoop

Hola Mamasitas!!!

Ok so it's finally wash day. A long awaited wash day.

My ride or die Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol AS USUAL. I mix mine with melted Shea butter, keratin protein, wheat protein and a little water. I'm mixing in the kitchen every wash day. I put kiddy Barrettes on my ends as you can see washing in twists. Look at my ends though, fresh. Last trim April 1st.

Those twists, though. That is a whole lot of hair. I'd be wearing it like that all the time and no one would be able to tell me nuthin'.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Those twists, though. That is a whole lot of hair. I'd be wearing it like that all the time and no one would be able to tell me nuthin'.
Thank you!! And believe me I want to wear my hair like this and other ways, but unfortunately I cant go to work like that. I'm at work more than I'm home. And you know I have to turn this back around and say that your hair is an inspiration. And your weight is right lol! You got body and hair. I gotta get there.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I love hearing this. Congrats on making it hip length. Yes, I'm claiming it for you.. LOL
Thank you! And I'm not there yet I still have a couple more inches to go. But I'm in agreeance with you for the future as though It already is. If that makes sense.

I was telling the person that took the pic for me "I need you to take this pic because without pics i dont feel like i have long hair". It's because I never wear it or show it. I will wear it out in the fall for the first time really since being natural. 37 months post relaxer now.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
This is my sister @Afrolinda:

We both have type 4 hair, whereas our other two sisters have type 3 hair. She recently wore her hair like this to my birthday and it really inspired me. So I tried straightening my hair again, was just playing in the bathroom really (pardon my face, I slept with my make up on :eek:):

Feel like I'm at a wits end with my hair and don't know where to take it from here. Have been plagued with dandruff for aeons, dryness has set in and so has my laziness. Guess I'll just have to be patient, like my sister advised me. She's planning on growing her hair out again, she will do so through protective styling. I'd like to grow my hair out too, but...just thinking about all the work it will take makes me cringe. Not to mention that my professional situation is so volatile, that my energy is constantly diverted to that area of my life, instead of more fun aspects of it. Vent over.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
This is my sister @Afrolinda:

We both have type 4 hair, whereas our other two sisters have type 3 hair. She recently wore her hair like this to my birthday and it really inspired me. So I tried straightening my hair again, was just playing in the bathroom really (pardon my face, I slept with my make up on :eek:):

Feel like I'm at a wits end with my hair and don't know where to take it from here. Have been plagued with dandruff for aeons, dryness has set in and so has my laziness. Guess I'll just have to be patient, like my sister advised me. She's planning on growing her hair out again, she will do so through protective styling. I'd like to grow my hair out too, but...just thinking about all the work it will take makes me cringe. Not to mention that my professional situation is so volatile, that my energy is constantly diverted to that area of my life, instead of more fun aspects of it. Vent over.
Y'all are so pretty! How about this: when you wash your hair and while still wet, Bantu knot it in 8 sections four on each side. The next day straightan each neat pre-separated section. Th hair will already be stretched, separated, moisturized and ready to go at it. This is what I plant to do in the fall.

LdyKamz

My sides are so full now I can almost put the twists in bantu knots. I am so happy. I'm getting the urge to blow dry though. So next wash day I'll just do a perm rod set with the second size up. When I do that I get a pretty good stretch. Hopefully that will quench my thirst for blow dried hair.

SAPNK

My hair is mostly 10 inches now. 11 or 12 in some places, so I'm happy about that. I noticed I've only worn my hair out a few times all year. Haven't been liking the way it looks in twist/ braid outs lately, but I'm not too worried about it atm.
People at work think I change my hair a lot. I wear different crochet styles, twists, braids, and buns, so maybe they're right, lol.

My ends seem off. They always feel super dry and rough. With a lot ssk. I'm not emotionally ready to trim, :D. But I'll be trying some things to tackle the problem and see if they improve.

As for preventing matting/ shrinkage at my roots, I've been using rubber bands at the base of my braids/ twists, when stretching wet hair, which I think helps a lot.

LdyKamz

Cowashed today and while in the shower I tried to put my hair in my 2 braids again. I'm getting there slowly but surely. I'm contemplating cutting the top of my hair a little bit shorter when I do my next trim. Only to even things out because the front and top of my hair has grown out quite a bit which make my sides look shorter. If I cut back just a little at the top I believe my perm rod sets and bantu knot outs will look better the way they used to. I'm still thinking about it though

LdyKamz

I came to a decision just now. I'm here looking up salons trying once again to find a stylist that I will be able to trust, that will listen, won't chop off my hair and also make sure it stays healthy. The last good stylist I had was back in 2013 maybe and she closed her salon and moved away. Before that I think the last good stylist my mother took me to was when I was maybe 14 years old. Sitting here looking for a stylist I have decided I am never going to a salon again. I've said this before but I mean it. A couple years back when I made this same claim I bought all high end/salon products, quality styling tools and I set out to do my own thing. I made good progress but then I got lazy and progress slowed and then a set back happened, then more progress, then another setback. It went like that until I decided to go get a haircut around Easter. And now after that disaster I am re committing to making sure I keep my hair healthy and it grows out right this time. I don't know how I'm going to do it but I just know I cannot rely on anyone else when it comes to my hair anymore and if I just apply everything I know and stay consistent and take my time and be patient I will get there. Sorry for my mini rant but something in my head just clicked. It was like deja vu you know. I'm sitting here like you've been here before and where has it gotten you? Never again.