4b/ 4c Naturals Growth Thread

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
This is my 12th year as a natchal, you would think I'd be well versed in the basics, but nooooo. Take trimming your hair regularly for instance: I've neglected it so much in the past, afraid of losing too much length. Did it about two weeks ago and detangling was such a breeze today. Definitely need to do this more often.

snoop

This is my 12th year as a natchal, you would think I'd be well versed in the basics, but nooooo. Take trimming your hair regularly for instance: I've neglected it so much in the past, afraid of losing too much length. Did it about two weeks ago and detangling was such a breeze today. Definitely need to do this more often.

Happy 12 years! :bouncy:
Sometimes we resist and as a result it takes us a bit longer to get there, but we get there eventually.

LdyKamz

I've slacked off using the oil because I'm lazy and my hair was starting to smell. I'm only cowashing 1x midweek so I have to really get some hair perfume if I'm going to use this oil daily. I just bought some new vitamins because I'm out. I notice that my edges are completely filled in and back but the rest of my hair seems to have slowed down in growth. Or maybe it's just that growth is more noticeable when your hair is super short and once it gets longer you can't really tell when you are gaining length. Anyway, I will be straightening next month and doing a trim and length check.

snoop

I also posted in the Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge: Last week, I used the African Threading method to stretch my hair. The humidity wasn't very kind to me, but it was nice to admire my length, if only for a few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20180808_065327_675.jpg
    IMG_20180808_065327_675.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20180811_073234_543.jpg
    IMG_20180811_073234_543.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72

Dee-Licious

I ordered some of the extra wide curlformers knockoffs from eBay. I have some of the originals, but need more for a full set for a quick stretch for a weeknight wash. My hair does much better stretches, but I have been not using heat as much because I’ve been wanting to wash it more. I have tons of the skinnier curlformers originals and knockoffs, but they didn’t do the stretch for the next style how I wanted a few weeks back when I tried; it could have been because my hair wasn’t fully detangled.

The curlformers will be good for a weeknight wash, and for my full wash sessions I can rollerset with my hourglass/tension rollers.
I never updated. The curlformer knockoffs from Ebay were NOT the EXTRA wide - the magenta and yellow sized ones. I still need some. I've been using curlformers to stretch and the pink/orange ones do the job but give too much curl.

Last edited:

snoop

@snoop - your hair looks good and healthy. you threaded the HELL out of your hair and it came out nice. I wish I could do this....

I usually just braid my hair in large plats tightly, but without a lot of tension to my scalp, if that makes sense.

I end up threading once a year colour no real reason. Usually if I want a good stretch I'll braid, too -- under running water.

Aggie

There are so many, but the ones I used and LIKED were;

Care Free Curl spray
Care Free Curl Activator Gold
S Curl spray
Rite On (Discontinued)
BRX African Braid Spray (love it and still use it)
Hawaii Silky (I hear it's good and ole-school)
There are many more.

Thanks @I Am So Blessed. Because of you lady, I ordered me some Care Free Curl Gold Curl Activator (I can't find this one here on the ground) and Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol from Pharmapacks.com earlier today:blush:. I do want to try them since they are pretty inexpensive and I am moving in that direction hair products wise.

I already had Blue Magic Grease so I'm good with that one. I am so over the expensive online products that didn't do anything dramatically different than the cheaper ones.

Also I tried that Care Free Curl Spray (this one I can find on the ground thankfully) on my hair today and mannnnnn, the shine it left in it's wake was awesome. Plus my hair was really soft, hours and hours later. This one stays in my stash for as long as I can find it.

All I can say missy is thank you for pushing this as hard as you did :kiss:.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Thanks @I Am So Blessed. Because of you lady, I ordered me some Care Free Curl Gold Curl Activator (I can't find this one here on the ground) and Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol from Pharmapacks.com earlier today:blush:. I do want to try them since they are pretty inexpensive and I am moving in that direction hair products wise.

I already had Blue Magic Grease so I'm good with that one. I am so over the expensive online products that didn't do anything dramatically different than the cheaper ones.

Also I tried that Care Free Curl Spray (this one I can find on the ground thankfully) on my hair today and mannnnnn, the shine it left in it's wake was awesome. Plus my hair was really soft, hours and hours later. This one stays in my stash for as long as I can find it.

All I can say missy is thank you for pushing this as hard as you did :kiss:.
Aww!:blush: you're welcome. I'm glad to hear that you're also loving "the juice" I hope that you love the CFCG as much as I do. I really really love that product (to the core). I use that first and seal with BM. That combo is awesome.

Aggie

Aww!:blush: you're welcome. I'm glad to hear that you're also loving "the juice" I hope that you love the CFCG as much as I do. I really really love that product (to the core). I use that first and seal with BM. That combo is awesome.
Truthfully, the CFCG works a ton better on my hair than the Luster's SCurl brand. I really like it a lot.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I've stopped applying oil to my nape area. I'm just curious of how it does without out. Also stopped wearing anything on my head to bed and just sleeping on a silk pillowcase.

Still 2 whole months to go before my color appointment. This is what I get for finding a great salon. It stays booked.

Aggie

Today I detangled and prepooed with some CFCG Hair and Scalp Spray with my diy Shea Butter blend, left on for about half an hour. I detoxed my scalp and hair with Nairobi Detoxing shampoo, followed by Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo and my last poo was with Follicle Care Phytofollic Moisture shampoo.

Currently sitting with a mixture of Dominican Magic Nourishing Deep Conditioner, APB UCS, Follicle Care Cayena Wood Strengthening Conditioner and a TBS of diy Shea Butter blend. I will keep this on for about 45 minutes then wash it out.

I will be using SheScentIt Papaya Daily Moisture Leave-in Conditioner combined with and QB OHHB. Before Bed I will use some CFCG Curl Activator sealed with the original Blue Magic Grease. My hair is going to be lit with moisture after this treatment.

LdyKamz

I haven't washed my hair in a week and you can tell. It is filthy with product and it looks and feels dry even. This is when I can the reaction my hair has when it is thrown off its routine. I was thinking of washing tonight but I think I will wait until tomorrow since tomorrow would be cowash day anyway. I'll be doing a full wash day though since I skipped it on Sunday.

LdyKamz

So my hair came out great! I straightened it on Saturday and it is still straight. My edges have reverted a lot because it's been so hot the past couple days. Thing is I feel so plain and regular with straight hair so I'm washing tonight and putting my bantu knots back in. I don't feel like it was a waste because I did what I wanted and wore it straight for my birthday and at least I got to trim so that was also a plus.

My next goal in growing my hair out and treating it nicely is always looking put together. I'm tired of feeling like because I'm natural I'll have at least 1 bad hair day a week. This is mainly my fault because of laziness. But no more. My plan is to always have my hair on point.