4b/ 4c Naturals Growth Thread

SAPNK

I think I might take these crochets out this weekend. I'm tired of the style now.
I'm scared though. Whenever I take down a protective style, I'm left feeling like I made a big mistake, and then I tear through my hair because I'm frustrated or don't have time. Maybe I just need to have another PS ready to go. That way I can see my hair and then put it away again. Not sure what to do next though.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I use African Royale braid spray it has glycerin. I can't overdo it with glycerin. Any suggestions, what have you tried?
I love that spray too! I mainly use glycerin. Cantu activator

This is what I put on over my already glycerized hair.

It is nice and creamy/moist at the same time. And a little bit goes a long way. It would take you a month or two to finish this bottle.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Herbal Essences conditioners are so slippy! And for under $3 it's the most cost effective, good smelling prepoo base I have found. At the moment I'm using Blowout Smooth. I'm also a fan of Hello Hydration.

I prepoo with conditioner and oil (either grapeseed or coconut) for hours under a plastic cap and then I shampoo it and do an acv rinse. I don't condition after washing anymore. It just creates buildup and sticky feeling strands. My hair is much easier to detangle now that I reverse wash.

I'm trying to get to full Mbl or the tip of waist length by December. As long as I don't get lazy I should be able to grow the 2-3 inches I need. Currently I wash my hair twice a week on Tuesday and Friday. When it gets cooler I may start washing once a week.

gvin89

Caved and took my braids out yesterday. I used SM JBCO line in an effort to use up products. I did chunky 2 strand twists (setting for a twistout)....took them down this morning and it was so cute! Humidity won my fight to keep it that way all day though.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Caved and took my braids out yesterday. I used SM JBCO line in an effort to use up products. I did chunky 2 strand twists (setting for a twistout)....took them down this morning and it was so cute! Humidity won my fight to keep it that way all day though.
Yay! See that's why I'm waiting for the Summer to leave. I will have some fun in the crisp air of the Fall. And I'm telling you, if I see one....just one hand reach to try and touch my Bantu knot-out I'm going off, as in off balance by swerving out the way!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
You don't need to use a lot of the blue magic either. Hope you have good results.
Thank you!!

I did get good results, but I had to take my knots our early because I had to run out to the store lol. So I put it in two flat twist so that it could finish drying. I'm on day 2 now and my hair still feels moisturized. An oldie, but goodie.

The brake down of my product stash prices:

Care Free Curl Gold activator $3.50 per bottle
Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol $2.50-$2.99
BlueMagic Hair Grease $2.25-$2.99 per jar.

I am saving so much money. These old Products work so well!. With one Ten Dollar bill I can be good on products for a month or two. for real.

Ipanema

I wish I could get an old-fashioned, historical hard press! I want to see how long my hair is now. Stretched versus straightened is so different. Right now the hair near my ears stretches past my armpits. It'll be even longer straightened. I might even be MBL now without knowing it.

I found a good conditioner. It has so much slip. It smells like perfume-y coconut. I use coconut oil every day, so this compliments that.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@Ipanema
I'm the same way :afropick:.

My hair pulls down in the back to mbl (not full MBL)while in good posture, but I truly don't know what length I am at. I just say that I will never truly know because I really don't think that I'll straighten it.

I could just see myself trying to get the nerve to put a hot iron (with shaky hand) to this prescious wool lol lol.

I'm serious.

HairNinja

I love that spray too! I mainly use glycerin. Cantu activator

This is what I put on over my already glycerized hair.

It is nice and creamy/moist at the same time. And a little bit goes a long way. It would take you a month or two to finish this bottle.

Thank you so much. I used it over the braid spray and sealed with jojoba and castor. I had to use extra, to combat the protein also because I do deep moisture under my wig. My hair is in cornrows. But it's jerri curl juicy, I have to see what my hair feels like when I take the braids down in a few days.

I have to get my moisture levels together before I experiment with different styles and products. I want to do flexi rods, flat twist outs, buns without my hair feeling dry or breaking off. Not sure what to use to hold my sets flax gel, eco-styler, lottabody, As I am twist defining cream, mousse. I hate to spend so much time + energy on a style then it becomes a fail.

HairNinja

Wor
Hey guys, this is what my wool is looking like at this very moment loll. You can't really see it, but it's in two jumbo flat twists. Yes I'm at work LOL, this is nothing special to look upon... I know.

View attachment 408577

Yes it is special I want to keep it real, length is a trump card like a spade. My focus is length and of course health. When I have length what??? Cant tell me nothing. I've been on this board/Hair Journey since 2003 and because I'm 4b/4c nothing anyone has ever suggested ever worked for me. With exception to @Chicoro deep moisture and the wig regimen, and braids.

Work it @AdoraAdora24 with your JuicyJuice Challenge that didn't work for me at the time nor baggying. Wrong products but trust I stayed true to my African Royale Braid Spray cause of you.

But you still came thru for me with a suggestion of Cantu Curl Activator. Your girl is lit. Thanks and Thanks again you're innovative. Show us them styles.

I was considering Maximum Hydration. Ain't nobody got time for that.

ETA: To add just took down a braid and my hair is still day three Juicy. #4cHairDontCare

Can I get your regimen?

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Wor

Yes it is special I want to keep it real, length is a trump card like a spade. My focus is length and of course health. When I have length what??? Cant tell me nothing. I've been on this board/Hair Journey since 2003 and because I'm 4b/4c nothing anyone has ever suggested ever worked for me. With exception to @Chicoro deep moisture and the wig regimen, and braids.

Work it @AdoraAdora24 with your JuicyJuice Challenge that didn't work for me at the time nor baggying. Wrong products but trust I stayed true to my African Royale Braid Spray cause of you.

But you still came thru for me with a suggestion of Cantu Curl Activator. Your girl is lit. Thanks and Thanks again you're innovative. Show us them styles.

I was considering Maximum Hydration. Ain't nobody got time for that.

ETA: To add just took down a braid and my hair is still day three Juicy. #4cHairDontCare

Can I get your regimen?
aw shucks, Thank you! The Juice Challenge *sigh* those were the days weren't they?

I'm really glad that you like that activator! I really love it too (I love all activators AKA JUICE:look:).

And I feel the same way about length, I gotta have it! That is the reason why I Protective style 100% of the time, plus I'm not the type to swing my hair around anymore.

If I get back to WL and beyond, you Ladies are the only ones that will know.

Stay Juicy!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
It's cute. How are you liking the Blue Magic grease?

Thank you!

BlueMagic: I LIKE IT! My ends are not knotting together as much with this, I mean that my ends are slipping past each other more. I did two failed hair styles this morning in a rush and not one tangled hair. I usually cannot pull myhair apart easy without at lease one broken hair.

My hair still feels moisturized too. BlueMagic seems to work well combined with water/glycerin mix. I pour some of that Cantu Activator in a spray bottle with water. The Cantu is so rich that you can dilute it and have twice as much.

Last edited:

guyaneseyankee

@AdoraAdora24 it looks beautiful. Very smart of you to protective style 100% of the time.

I'm getting bored with mine. Impatiently waiting for hair down my back, or a BAA in my case. It so humid here, that I think it would be a waste of time to straighten my hair, though I am very curious as to what it would look like.

I just stay in a puff. Nothing else to see here folks

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@AdoraAdora24 it looks beautiful. Very smart of you to protective style 100% of the time.

I'm getting bored with mine. Impatiently waiting for hair down my back, or a BAA in my case. It so humid here, that I think it would be a waste of time to straighten my hair, though I am very curious as to what it would look like.

I just stay in a puff. Nothing else to see here folks

Thank you!!

Me too! Nothing to see here either lol. Over here It must me 100 degrees outside today! You are right, there is no point in straightening it. Once the Fall drops you wont be bored anymore. 4 weeks and 1 day to go (yes I'm counting).

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hi ladies. I want in. I'm a 4b girl. I think I'm BSB again after cutting to APL. My problem is that my ends seem to shed a lot. Like I'll put it in twists and be able to pull off pieces of the ends. :( I think that's why I'm not retaining length.

snoop

Hi ladies. I want in. I'm a 4b girl. I think I'm BSB again after cutting to APL. My problem is that my ends seem to shed a lot. Like I'll put it in twists and be able to pull off pieces of the ends. :( I think that's why I'm not retaining length.

Long or short pieces? I pull long pieces sometimes too, but I'm also a finger detangler/comber so I figure that it's the shed hair that I didn't get to, coming out.