4b and Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave-in

phynestone

I'm a relaxed 4b and would like to hear from other 4bs about the performance of this product on their hair.

Did your hair respond well to the product or did it feel coated? Is it worth the money?

Esq.2B

I haven't tried it but I've seen several 4's (not sure if A or B) on this forum who said they really liked it.

Traycee

My hair felt extremely coated using this....I tried it on wet hair and on dry hair..Just didnt work for me

loolalooh

When I was relaxed, I like it at first but it was ultimately too light. I also received that "coating" feeling others mentioned.

AfroKink

It coated my hair too. It also caused my strands to stick together. Leading to a long detangling session. It has cones in it.

Lys

Last edited:

sylver2

:lol:wow..goes to show different things work for different heads. i LOVE it! it was the only thing i ever found that didn't coat my hair. it makes my hair extra soft and silky especially if i tie my scarf on immediately after applying. it did not work for me at all as a regular eave in...but it works great as a daily moisturizer. i mix it with jojoba oil for extra softness.

WantNatural

I agree with Sylver2. I don't use it as a leave-in, it's too light, but it works great for me as a moisturizer. I apply it to my new growth directly from the bottle, and then use some on the length of my hair. At 5 months post it leaves my hair moisturized. The only thing I like better for my NG right now is S-Curl.

panamoni

It does nothing for me on wet or dry hair. On dry hair, it just sits there on top of the hair. Can't wait til I use it up, or may just give it away.

LushLox

I like it as a daily moisturiser, hair doesn't feel coated at all. I use this when my hair is freshly relaxed and it's light enough so it doesn't way down my hair. I've never tried it as a leave in.

sharifeh

the bottle is sitting there rotting....
but I think enough people have raved about it to make it worth trying
it could be a staple for you....
It didn't work for me but it does work for many so I think it's worth finding out...

Americka

It works perfectly for me as a daily moisturizer. I do not experience any coating and hair is left soft to the touch. I am 4a/b relaxed.

Desarae

I hated it, got the coated crunchies.

Gave it to my BFF who is also 4b relaxed and her hair loves it. Drinks it right up.

It's worth a try, and if worse comes to worse, take it back.

Pink Hair23

I have to agree with the majority. It doesn't work for me as a mosturizer or leave in, except for the first 2 weeks after my relaxer. After that it just coats my hair.

belletresse

NTM did nothing for my hair. I bought the whole line but wound up throwing it all out. I agree that it just seemed to coat my hair.

blessedandlucky

It was wonderful for a few months then turned my hair into a hot coated mess that blocked out other moisturizers. It eventually made my hair feel super dry. I had to clarify frequently and then it just stopped working.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

itismehmmkay

I'm relaxed too and this is a staple of mine for frequent washes and rollersets. This works like Infusium 23 on my hair in that I can comb through my hair wet w/ no breakage. So I don't feel like I'm manipulating it alot. And it does great for my hair when I airdry the rollersets; adds to the light feeling to my hair.

Now I will say, I don't think this is a product that lasts for more than 2 days. Meaning after about 2 days my hair feels dry and coated (prob b/c of the cones). So if I in my routine of washing daily/every other day this is a must have, but if I'm trying to have my hair last for say a week w/o washing, I use old school products like moisturize w/ queen helene cholesterol and use setting lotion. There's a great leave-in that comes w/ my relaxer (Soft and Beautiful Botanicals; it's not sold alone), but I don't use it that often.

MsLi@512

It went on good enough but then caused a lot of buildup and tangles in the end. My 4b hair does not like lots of cones

BreeNique

Its just fine for me! No complaints. I use it more as a moisturizer than a leave-in, so its fine for the summer/ fall, and maybe winter. We'll see! But I've repurchased it 3 times--safe to say that for me it does the trick.

Softerlove

I am texlaxed/relaxed.

I use this + oil to detangle before my wash. I used to use it ad a leave in post wash, but the coated feeling made it a bad choice.

Moisturizer: Qhemet alma & heavy creme. If like to try the burdock root creme soon.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

HoneyCoated

I'm almost out of it, but I love this silk touch leave-in cream. I use it as step one when I'm moisturizing and sealing. It makes claims to moisturize hair from the inside out. So far so good.

sunnieb

Definitely a staple of mine since I started my HHJ!

I use it 2x daily after my ORS carrot oil. I also use it on wet hair.

Sent from my Comet

sunnieb

I also use NTM to "refresh" my edges.

I usually do this after work if I'm about to go out somewhere. When I get home, I put some NTM around my edges and tie on a silk scarf for about an hour. My edges get really soft and tamed when I do this. I got the idea from sylver2 's fotki.