4b and texlaxed

AlexLyons

Hey Ladies- sorry but I need your help again.

In Christmas 2007 I started the Cathy Howse regime (going well thanks to some advice from you guys :yep:) and I started texlaxing.

My hair is about 6-7 inches long and 3 inches of that is texlaxed but the front is starting to break off at the point between the texlaxed hair and the straightened hair.

The texlaxed section always looks really dry and thrashy when its wet...

My hair type is 4b (I just read that texlaxing was not suitable for 4b hair types)

Have any of you been through what I'm going through? Are there any sistas with 4b hair who have successfully texlaxed?

:ohwell:

vkb247

We do have some 4b member who are texlaxed. I can't remember their names right now but if you search texlaxed threads you will see them.

There is nothing wrong with texlaxing 4b hair but you can't expect it to give you curls you don't have.

Alsi transitioning from traditionally relaxed to texlaxed will cause you to have many if not more issue than those transitioning to natural because you are dealing with more than one texture.

ajacks

I am 4a/b texlaxed and it is such a chore. I really, really miss being bone-straight but I had a lot of breakage when I was. I hope BKT is a viable option for me.

MA2010

I'm 4b texlaxed and so far I love my texlaxed texture. My relaxed strands are breaking easy though. Low manipulation and moisture are helping me along though.

When I get back to the states though, I think I will relax bone straight again. Dealing with too many hair textures is challenging for me.