4B dry Natural? Protein Sensitive? Dandruff? Try Yogurt+Olive dry DC

JudithO

So i have very coarse 4B, dry 4Z hair that hates protein.

2 days ago, i did a dry DC with AOGBP and shampooed with giovanni tea tree (even tho i hate protein.. it worked for everyone.. why not me?) .. let's just say my hair reminded me of its hatred for protein. Hair was dry.. tangled, breaking to the touch.. huge white flakes everywhere ... i knew I needed to fix it.

In the past, ive done yogurt + conditioner for DC after washing, and it really made my hair soft and easy to work with so i knew my hair liked it... this time, i decided to use it on my dry hair before shampooing. I did some googling, read that yogurt + olive oil cures dandruff + dry scalp (i have both) so i was going to try to fix my scalp and my hair.

I mixed yogurt (full fat plain yogurt) with olive oil , 3 parts yog to 2 parts oil - Saturated my scalp and hair with the mix like a relaxer, covered with cap n towel and sat for 1.5 hrs. My scalp tingled with the yogurt on it.

When i took off the cap, my hair felt harder than ever (not soft like normal with wet hair) so i thot i just worsened my problem. Anyway, i rinsed with warm water, shampooed out the mix with elasta qp creme cond shampoo, applied garnier fructis triple nutrition condish and rinsed out... hair was still harder than i expected. Anyway, i applied my castor oil mix, sealed my homemade unpetroleum jelly, sat under a hood dryer for my hair to dry 80%.

Results? OMG.... that hardness?? Was really strength... my almost dry hair (see my fotki n yt for texture) detangled with my fingers, it was stronger but softer than i have ever felt (hair is almost BSL with multiple setbacks.. so ive been feeling my hair a long time). It was so strong and soft, that my tangle teaser (which i thot was from hell) went thru without issues and only came out with shed hair.. (i have been in 2 strand twists and havent detangled in 1 month). Today? Dry hair is very soft, easy to detangle, no signs of dandruff or dry scalp. Even the DH commented on how soft it was and kept touching it.

After spending hundreds of dollars of trying to figure out my hair and scalp, i think i have it now.

Regimen: wash biweekly, moisturize n seal as needed. Protective style.

Shampoo: Elasta qp creme condish shampoo
Conditioner: Garnier Fructis triple nutrition.
Dry DC: Once a month, yogurt + Olive oil
Seal: castor oil mix (includes all the oils i like), butters i like, and homemade unpetrolem jelly.

I hope one day to find more natural replacements to my shampoo n condish but i have tried every natural product in d market and nothing compares.

I hope this helps someone.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

theNaturalWonders

hmmmm i may have to try this. i am not a fan of protein either and i am currently looking for products to do my protein treatments. i will try this very soon and report back. thanks for sharing!