4c hair...

ceecy29

I had my hair in the same braids for the first 5 months of this year and my hair thrived (4b natural). You just have to take care of your hair underneath with regular washing and deep conditioning (I did this weekly). Take your time when taking down (as you would if you kept them in for 1 day or 1 month); remove shed hairs before washing.

In your case, maybe you can start small and keep them in for 2 months and see how your hair does before pushing for longer.

mousee09

good idea, that what i did the first time when i had my twist braids, they lasted for 4 months, but of course i was transitioning then. I will see how it looks by the end this month and if it ok i will go from there. if two months is ok i will keep going. thanks :D

Nonie

@Mousee09, if you aren't doing the twist extensions yourself, I suggest that after a month you undo on in the back and check how your hair feels. Just twist it back w/o extensions if you don't know how to put them back in and then do the same after two months.

Just looking at the braids/twists and seeing that they look fine won't tell you what state your hair is in. You'll need to make sure your hair isn't matting, especially at the base, because that can cause a lot of breakage when you do take them out and try to detangle.

mousee09

thanks nonie but that was what i was going to do :) when i had my others my twist braids in i braided them myself, and i OFTEN redone alot of them a few times neither before of after my wash day. Thanks for reminding me :)

Luscious Locks

A lot of the pictures available in the mainstream media of natural hair are mostly waves and curls--not kinks. Kinks and Zs are part of the natural hair world too, they are also very afro centric and not so "tame" to look at.

That's marketing for you.

transitioning?

I have I believe 2 to 3 inches on my hair in some places now.

I am using Tresemme shampoo and Conditioner (moisture rich, fro dry or damaged hair)
and i alway deep condition afterward for 2 hours, then i would rinse and try to detangle my hair. The I would bag every night and wear my hair out or in a hat. I washed once a week.

I had order some items from the drugstore.com site, but i have yet to recieve an email or my products....(so im going to see if my mother doesnt mind shipping them to me)

I recently just braided my hair in twist braids, and I am wanting to keep them in for 3 to 4 months? would this be idea to do or a bad one? Is there any regime to being able to keep them in for this long and not have extreme problems with my natural hair?

Hey Op y are u washing out your conditioner before detangling? I think most ladies myself included find it easier to detangle while the conditioner is still in. I actually apply conditioner on top of my deep conditioner before detangling. HHJ

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App