4c Wash n Go Success!

MissMusic

Type 4 Wash n Go Success!

Yesterday, I was able to fully define my 4c hair! Pics you say:

Before you say, that's great and all, but you are not 4c *side eye*, this is what my hair usually looks like in a wash n go:

I have tried Fantasica IC Gel, Eco Styler Gel, and more, but it wasn't until I tried globs of leave-in conditioner with Xtreme Wetline gel and Garnier Pure Clean Gel that I was able to define my hair.

I took the pile on moisturizing products advice from Dickey by applying thick amounts of Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner to sections of my hair before applying the Wetline gel. I then separated the coils in that section while reapplying gel to the roots of each coil/wave. Once defined I went back and put the Pure Clean Gel on top and moved on to the next section.

I sat under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes and then let my hair air dry the rest of the way. I pineappled overnight and have second day hair! The funny thing is this was to be my very last attempt at a wash and go. I refused to spend any more time or money on trying to achieve wash and wear hair on my hair type, and Voila! Success! Anyways, just sharing.

I plan to see how long this will last and then try it again with a different leave-in to see if it matters.

ETA: 2nd Day Hair, fully air dried and shrunken

Last edited:

Rhondie

Wowzers! It looks like a totally different head of hair. Great job and thanks for posting OP!

Pompous Blue

Yeah, girl! You did that thang!

Success and it's beautiful......Thanks for the pics!

But I'm still scurred to try a WNG on my 4C hair.....LOL

LadyPBC

Looks great! May work well for those with thick hair. I have fine hair and worry about product overload. Willing to give it a try.

Mz.MoMo5235

I love both the before and after pix. You have a lovely head of hair. Congrats on getting wng results and achieving multi day hair!

Fine 4s

You make me want to try this but I'm thinking that my stringy heat damaged strands would look a H.A.M.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
It looks great and thanks for your information. That's just too much work for me to do a Wash n go though. I'm happy enough with my regular wngs I guess. Maybe one day I'll try your method.

thickness

Your hair looks really good! But do you think it will be difficult to detangle on wash day? I use the Wetline exteme gel for my braidouts/twistouts in the summer time and it really holds whatever hairstyle you are wearing.

Holla

Nice pics. I still don't think you are a 4c because you did have some definion even in your before pics. It is just more pronouced in the after pics. Either way....looks good!

Why did you use two different types of gel? I'm using his method too and I love it. I use his method to up the moisture in my hair and it is amazing.

Last edited:

MissMusic

Your hair looks really good! But do you think it will be difficult to detangle on wash day? I use the Wetline exteme gel for my braidouts/twistouts in the summer time and it really holds whatever hairstyle you are wearing.

Thank you!

No, I actually think it will be easier than my other wash and go's. The wetline gel is really keeping my coils separate and is standing up to the introduction of additonal moisture. My normal wash and go left me with a tangled mess because my coils would tangle together after a day and dry out by the second day, so second, third and beyond hair was not a possibility without a painstaking wash day. I will truly find out this weekend, but I suspect detangling will be no more difficult than when I do a twist out or braid out.

MissMusic

Holla The first gel allows me to separate the coils, but still causes some frizz. The second gel alleviates much of that frizz.

chelleyrock

Very nice wash n go OP. You have some serious definition. I agree, Wetline Xtreme gel is great! I've been using it along with Giovanni Direct leave-in and grapeseed oil for my wash n go's since April of this year.

MamitaLolita

Looks good! However, I do not think you are 4C... more like 4A/B because you have a distinct coil pattern, even in the second set of 4 pictures you posted. :yep: 4C is more like an undefined cloud.

I was gonna say...maybe I'm just doing hair wrong and I am actually 4C cuz her hair looks very similar to mine in her defined wash n go. It's very beautiful though. I can't even get my 4A/3C hair to look like that in a wash n go. Did it stay like that all day?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
What are the ingredients in wetline gel opposed to the eco styler.

Best,
Almond Eyes

wet line gel:

water, carbomer, triethanolamine, polyacrylate acid, glycerin, fragrance, phenylcarbinol, methylchloisothiazolinone, methylisotiazolinine, panthenol, aloe vera extract, tetrasodium EDTA, colorant FD&C violet #2

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
eco styler krystal (the clear one):

WATER (AQUA) , carbomer , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , PVP , glycerin , triethanolamine , Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate , polysorbate 20 , Tetrasodium Edta , fragrance

the Eco gels have a slight ingredient difference depending on which color/hold you buy

knt1229

I don't think you are 4c. You have a clearly defined curl pattern. But, you're hair looked dry in the pics where you had less definition. The key to defined curls is moisture.

MissMusic

I was gonna say...maybe I'm just doing hair wrong and I am actually 4C cuz her hair looks very similar to mine in her defined wash n go. It's very beautiful though. I can't even get my 4A/3C hair to look like that in a wash n go. Did it stay like that all day?

It shrunk up quite a bit more, but the coil separation stayed the same:

Last edited: