6 Police Officers Vs. One 65 Year Old Grandmother

RossBoss

I think I read that she was under the impression signing it meant guilt, a big misunderstanding on her part; what the police officer should've done was explain this to her so she understands, instead of forcing her to sign and not presume she's trying to run game on him...I mean he is a civil servant and officer of the law :look:
That she demanded to speak to his superior meant she felt she was in her rights and clearly didn't understand.

I recall watching live a black elderly woman refusing to get on the rescue helicopter during Katrina because she thought she'd have to pay for the ride. The rescuers had to explain it to her to get her on. That was hard to watch.

I didn't hear profanity from the Alpharetta woman.. my God, telling a woman old enough to be your own grandmother to "shut the F**k up is UNACCEPTABLE. They'd not have pulled a white woman from the car like that. And, what they needed back up for? Did they think they'd pulled over Madea?

No excuses.. (not directed personally at you) :yep:

I always assume that when dealing with non-blacks that they are not a fan of my skin color until proven otherwise. Not only with police interactions but in the working world as well. Call me paranoid but many whites and other nonblacks have a deep seated hatred of Blacks based on whatever so I act accordingly. The few times I was stopped by cops while driving, the majority of the cops being white, the goal was to get them out of my face as soon as possible and deal with the ticket in court. The woman is 65 so I would be surprised if this was her first time getting a ticket and not realizing how the system works as far as tickets but anything's possible I guess.

momi

If I was the cop and she refused to sign the ticket, I would have said “okay grandma, see you in court.” Pretty sure my boss would have been okay with that decision. Pigs gone fly before I lay a hand on a old lady that I could easily kill without trying. It’s called common decency and common sense. None of which white supremacists have.

Exactly. All of that was uncalled for - they kept showing it on the news and I had to turn the channel I was so mad. Anyway I think the officer was fired.

naturalgyrl5199

Exactly. All of that was uncalled for - they kept showing it on the news and I had to turn the channel I was so mad. Anyway I think the officer was fired.
he quit but because of it being a "bad look." Pretty sure it was STRONGLY SUGGESTED that he resign. At least he can't terrorize that area. But he could certainly hop counties as is done a lot in Georgia.

Mooney72

he quit but because of it being a "bad look." Pretty sure it was STRONGLY SUGGESTED that he resign. At least he can't terrorize that area. But he could certainly hop counties as is done a lot in Georgia.

He would definitely find a home in Troup, Coweta or Merriwether County. I hated driving through there from Columbus to Atlanta and my brother and SIL lived in Newnan for a time.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
It has been a while since my last ticket, in Alpharetta no less. I honestly don’t recall being told to sign the ticket.

My window was only open the width to pass my DL and receive the ticket.

The cop spoke fast, took my license, did whatever, came back and gave me my license and ticket.

I don’t recall saying a word to him.

I could not pick him out of line up either cause I never looked at him.