7-DAY PRAISE & PRAISE ALOUD CHALLENGE

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I can never tire of this song! :yep:

Praise Him in Advance by Marvin Saap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvganA6nrf0

I just wanted to focus on this part of your post because I believe there's no coincidences with God. I had those same thoughts on my mind to post in this thread this morning. Over the holidays during my fast God dealt with me with a heavy hand concerning a family member on my DH's side. I got along well with everyone on both sides of my family. The Bible says be ye doers and not only hearers of his Word. So concerning this person, I was only a hearer. I was invited to their place for Christmas. The devil told me to turn up my nose and not go. God said you need to go, show your family that My Love lives in You. Being on the fast allowed me to hear God more clearly. I had no distractions, no TV, no Internet, ...no excuse. So I prayed about that situation and trusted God. When I got there, I treated like a queen at a home where I never felt welcomed before. Even my DH was surprised at the outcome. That was my breakthrough testimony because I know God went there before me.

Satan uses relationship to try keep us in bondage, but I know he's a big-fat LIAR. :laugh: I'm glad you see this also.

I hope you have a blessed-day of Barouch!!
The attacks will come as we strive to stay near to Him. If the devil's not attacking, I'm not where I need to be. :yep:

After my praise and worship this morning the Lord revealed something to me. I created a guard around me towards an individual. And the Lord ministered to my spirit, 'Don't allow that guard to turn into steel. Unknowingly it could become a place to harbor unforgiveness. Relax; I the Lord will protect you.'

So today I thank the Lord for Safety and Protection :).

PinkPebbles

I can never tire of this song! :yep:

I just wanted to focus on this part of your post because I believe there's no coincidences with God. I had those same thoughts on my mind to post in this thread this morning. Over the holidays during my fast God dealt with me with a heavy hand concerning a family member on my DH's side. I got along well with everyone on both sides of my family. The Bible says be ye doers and not only hearers of his Word. So concerning this person, I was only a hearer. I was invited to their place for Christmas. The devil told me to turn up my nose and not go. God said you need to go, show your family that My Love lives in You. Being on the fast allowed me to hear God more clearly. I had no distractions, no TV, no Internet, ...no excuse. So I prayed about that situation and trusted God. When I got there, I treated like a queen at a home where I never felt welcomed before. Even my DH was surprised at the outcome. That was my breakthrough testimony because I know God went there before me.

Satan uses relationship to try keep us in bondage, but I know he's a big-fat LIAR. :laugh: I'm glad you see this also.

I hope you have a blessed-day of Barouch!!
The attacks will come as we strive to stay near to Him. If the devil's not attacking, I'm not where I need to be. :yep:

Laela - Thank you for sharing your testimony with me.

@ the bolded is such a profound statement. I'm too learning where ever God tells me to go, He has already prepared the way :).

And you are exactly right how the enemy uses relationships to try to keep us in bondage :yep:. I have to constantly remind myself that our struggles are not against flesh and blood but against principalities, and the rulers of darkness.

God has created us as relational beings and the enemy cannot stand it. He does everything in his power to destroy and defile what God deemed holy and purposeful for His kingdom in the earth.

May you also have a wonderful day of Barouch!

~God Bless

ultrasuede

Daniel 2:20-21 (New King James Version)

20 Daniel answered and said:

“ Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
For wisdom and might are His.
21 And He changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and raises up kings;
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to those who have understanding.

I am praising the Lord for his peace that passes all understanding. And to God be the glory for my past blessings and my future blessings to come

Highly Favored8

I Praise God today beacuse He is

Almighty, Amazing, He is a way maker out of no way. He is

And those who know thy name will put their trust in Thee; For Thou, O Lord, hast not forsaken those who seek thee. Psalm 9:10

Jehovah Jireh-The Lord will Provide

Jehovah-Rapha- The Lord that Healeth

Jehovah- Nissi - God my Victory

Jehovah Shalom- The Lord is Peace

Glory to God in the Highest.

Highly Favored8

Alpha And Omega Lyrics
Artist(Band):Israel and the New Breed

You are Alpha and Omega
We worship you our Lord
you are worthy to be praised

We give you all the glory
we worship you our Lord
you are worthy to be praised

When this song gets into your spirit nothing to do but to Praise the Lord for this and this alone.:yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfPJ4j5P5X8

Laela

There is No Other God

Scripture: Isaiah 44
Verse 6 is timely :yep: Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last and beside me there is no God.

I'm in agreement w/ HighlyFavored's posted song for today.

We give him ALL the Glory!

Laela

My apologies..I've not been listing the Praise Days.

Today is>>> Day 4 - Shabach!!

ultrasuede

Daniel 6: 16 So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den. The king said to Daniel, "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"

17 A stone was brought and placed over the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the rings of his nobles, so that Daniel's situation might not be changed. 18 Then the king returned to his palace and spent the night without eating and without any entertainment being brought to him. And he could not sleep.

19 At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions' den. 20 When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?"

21 Daniel answered, "O king, live forever! 22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king."

23 The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God.

24 At the king's command, the men who had falsely accused Daniel were brought in and thrown into the lions' den, along with their wives and children. And before they reached the floor of the den, the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones.

25 Then King Darius wrote to all the peoples, nations and men of every language throughout the land:
"May you prosper greatly!

26 "I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel.
"For he is the living God
and he endures forever;
his kingdom will not be destroyed,
his dominion will never end.

27 He rescues and he saves;
he performs signs and wonders
in the heavens and on the earth.
He has rescued Daniel
from the power of the lions."

Praise the Lord because he is faithful to honor our faith.

Butterfly08

I Praise God today beacuse He is

Almighty, Amazing, He is a way maker out of no way. He is

And those who know thy name will put their trust in Thee; For Thou, O Lord, hast not forsaken those who seek thee. Psalm 9:10

Jehovah Jireh-The Lord will Provide

Jehovah-Rapha- The Lord that Healeth

Jehovah- Nissi - God my Victory

Jehovah Shalom- The Lord is Peace

Glory to God in the Highest.

HighlyFavored, forgive me, this is so off topic, but those have to be the world's tiniest snowmen in your siggy! :lachen: Thanks for the laugh today, Lord knows I needed it! :bighug:

Laela

:lachen: Now..that made my morning.. .I didn't even notice how small those snowmen are... HA!

:laugh:
HighlyFavored, forgive me, this is so off topic, but those have to be the world's tiniest snowmen in your siggy! :lachen: Thanks for the laugh today, Lord knows I needed it! :bighug:

Laela

Day 5
Zamar - Praise him with the instruments

Later today I'll ask my nephew to help me praise by way of instrument with his guitar.. until then, it's the radio.

But today I praise God with singing as well, because my mouth is also an instrument of praise.

Scripture read: Prov 23
Sayings of the wise that always hit home for me.
Verse 17 sticks today" "Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long.

:yep:

Highly Favored8

My apologies..I've not been listing the Praise Days.

Today is>>> Day 4 - Shabach!!

:lachen: Now..that made my morning.. .I didn't even notice how small those snowmen are... HA!

:laugh:

Your Welcomed Butterfly08!
On Saturday in my area of FL we have received a little snow, sleet, rain, & flurries. I give God Praise for those little snowmen:yep:. I prayed for many times for snow here in FL. Very Nice.:yep:

Last edited:

Laela

Ahhh... well excuse my laughter.. I just thought they're cute :yep: , without knowing the meaning behind it.

Your message is one of great FAITH and has ministered to me today. Thanks for sharing!

On Saturday in my area of FL we have received a little snow, sleet, rain, & flurries. I give God Praise for those little snowmen:yep:. I prayed for many times for snow here in FL. Very Nice.:yep:

PinkPebbles

I will continue to rejoice in the Lord with Praise:happydance:!

I'm thankful for the Body of Christ; the Church, God's Spiritual Family.

Yesterday was our consecration service for the leaders in my church. It's amazing to see how God blesses His children with spiritual gifts in order to become a blessing to others.

So I thank the Lord for giving mankind the gift of intercessory prayer; the gift of encouragement; help; discernment; mercy; prophecy; teaching; giving; hospitality; administration; and countless others.

All these spiritual gifts represent the Father's loving embrace towards mankind. And I have indeed benefited from most of them whether in church, at my job, or on this forum, etc.

God is Faithful and He is indeed worthy to be praised, honored, and adored with our mouths and instruments :band:.

1 Peter 4:10
10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

Laela

Wonderful words of encouragement! :clap:

Your post reminds me of this song -Until The Whole World Hears by Casting Crowns

Lord I want to feel your heart
and see the world through your eyes
I want to be your hands and feet
I want to live a life that leads

chorus
ready yourselves
ready yourselves
Let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night
ready yourselves
ready yourselves
May the powers of darkness tremble as our praises rise
Until the whole world hears Lord we are calling out
Lifting up Your name for all to hear the sound
Like voices in the wilderness we're crying out
as the day draws near
we'll sing until the whole world hears

Lord let your sleeping giant arise
Catch the demons by surprise
Holy nation sanctified
Let this be our battle cry

chorus

Want to be your hands and feet
Want to be a life that leads
To see you set the captive free
Until the whole world hears
and I pray that they will see more of you and less of me
Lord I want my life to be the song You sing
Until the whole world hears Lord we are calling out
Lifting your name up for all to hear the sound
Like voices in the wilderness we're crying out
as the day draws near

I will continue to rejoice in the Lord with Praise:happydance:!

I'm thankful for the Body of Christ; the Church, God's Spiritual Family.

Yesterday was our consecration service for the leaders in my church. It's amazing to see how God blesses His children with spiritual gifts in order to become a blessing to others.

So I thank the Lord for giving mankind the gift of intercessory prayer; the gift of encouragement; help; discernment; mercy; prophecy; teaching; giving; hospitality; administration; and countless others.

All these spiritual gifts represent the Father's loving embrace towards mankind. And I have indeed benefited from most of them whether in church, at my job, or on this forum, etc.

God is Faithful and He is indeed worthy to be praised, honored, and adored with our mouths and instruments :band:.

1 Peter 4:10
10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

Laela

DAY 6 - HALLEL

Amos 2 - An interesting chapter on the ingratitude and ruin of Israel

I'll post commentary instead:
The evil passions of the heart break out in various forms; but the Lord looks to our motives, as well as our conduct. Those that deal cruelly, shall be cruelly dealt with. Other nations were reckoned with for injuries done to men; Judah is reckoned with for dishonour done to God. Judah despised the law of the Lord; and he justly gave them up to strong delusion; nor was it any excuse for their sin, that they were the lies, the idols, after which their fathers walked. The worst abominations and most grievous oppressions have been committed by some of the professed worshippers of the Lord. Such conduct leads many to unbelief and vile idolatry.
Commentary on Amos 2:9-16

(Read Amos 2:9-16)
We need often to be reminded of the mercies we have received; which add much to the evil of the sins we have committed. They had helps for their souls, which taught them how to make good use of their earthly enjoyments, and were therefore more valuable. Faithful ministers are great blessings to any people; but it is God that raises them up to be so. Sinners' own consciences will witness that he has not been wanting to them in the means of grace. They did what they could to lead believers aside. Satan and his agents are busy to corrupt the minds of young people who look heavenward; they overcome many by drawing them to the love of mirth and pleasure, and into drinking company. Multitudes of young men who bade fair as professors of religion, have erred through strong drink, and have been undone for ever. The Lord complains of sin, especially the sins of his professing people, as a burden to him. And though his long-suffering be tired, his power is not, and so the sinner will find to his cost. When men reject God's word, adding obstinacy to sin, and this becomes the general character of a people, they will be given up to misery, notwithstanding all their boasted power and resources. May we then humble ourselves before the Lord, for all our ingratitude and unfaithfulness.

Source of Commentary: http://www.christnotes.org/commentary.php?com=mhc&b=30&c=2

Prayer: Lord, let me not be ungrateful in my heart for all that you've done, are doing and will do as you mold and shape me into the Woman of God you want me to be. I pray for passion but not arrogance. I pray for a spirit of humility and not haughtiness. I thank you for a Forgiving spirit and for opening my eyes to what you want me to see, as I learn Your Ways and adopt them as mine.

Amen

Let's not forget to Praise him today.... even if it's Five Minutes. Praise him for He is worthy to be praised. :clap: My spirit is lifted today because I started my day with PRAISE!!!

:dance7:

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

Last night I pulled out my oldie but goodie CD Byron Cage.

On track 7 his lyrics were Towdah, Yadah, Barouch, Shabach, Tehillah, and Karar :blush:! I went into a crazy praise and for a minute I wanted to call my granny and ask for her tambourine.

My spirit is indeed lifted! Last week I did not understand why some things happened. However, I decided to worship and praise the Lord anyhow. Well, the Lord recently gave me spiritual insight on the whole situation :grin:.

This experience along with others has taught me never to wait until I see the victory or have complete understanding; but to praise the Lord anyhow. In the middle of the night our praise can turn things around, the Lord can dispatch angels, and when the clock strikes midnight it's a new day. And the Lord has already worked it out for our good!

Hezekiah knew the importance of sincere praise and worship unto the Lord. He knew that praise would get God's attention. When Isaiah told Hezekiah to get his house in order because he would die; Hezekiah turned and prayed unto the Lord. One of the things that Hezekiah said, Lord if I die the grave cannot worship you. And the Lord added 15 years to his life.

Our God is faithful and He is indeed worthy to be praised!

Isaiah 38:18-20
18 For the grave [c] cannot praise you,
death cannot sing your praise;
those who go down to the pit
cannot hope for your faithfulness.

19 The living, the living—they praise you,
as I am doing today;
fathers tell their children
about your faithfulness.

20 The LORD will save me,
and we will sing with stringed instruments
all the days of our lives
in the temple of the LORD.

Laela

Day 7 - TEHILLAH
This one is the best. It is the combination of singing, shouting,
dancing, clapping and rejoicing before the Lord.

My prayers are with Haiti today, but I am also thankful and will praise God in song today as He delivers people from the devastation and protects those who are on rescue missions. The Christian radio station I listen to in the mornings have reported that people in Haiti are singing hymns and praying in the streets. Others are calling on Jesus, according to this news report.

Even in the midst of trouble, the people rejoice. This spurs me even more to PRAISE him in song through out the day. This only serves to remind me that without GOD I am nothing. :yep:

This praise challenge has also been a blessing to me. I started with Jeremiah and I ended with Jeremiah, Chapter 3, today:
Exhortations to repentance. Judah more guilty than Israel. But pardon is promised. The children of Israel express their sorrow and repentance.

God calls for a repentant heart and sincerity in praise. Renewal of spirit /mind is a progressive thing. So, I continually thank Him for his mercy and grace.

Songs of Praise:
Grateful by Hezekiah Walker

Never Would Have Made It by Marvin Sapp

How Great is Our God! by Chris Tomlin

:Rose:

PinkPebbles

I realized today makes the 7th day of our Praise Aloud Challenge.

There are so many tragedies occurring around the world, and one of them is the devastating earthquake that took place in Haiti. During these times it's not easy to praise the Lord and extend our hands in worship. But this is the time that we need to draw even closer unto the Lord.

So today I thank God that He is a God of a Breakthrough; He is a great Comforter, Deliverer, Healer, Provider, Protector, Merciful, Loving....

His word is still true and I hope that it abides in our hearts to help love ones, friends, and family get through these difficult times.

I enjoyed this thread....and I will continue to keep Haiti and the surrounding islands in my prayers.

Isaiah 43:18-21
18Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

20The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
21This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

This past Sunday I listened to Fred Hammond song "Blessed" on the radio. And that song is still in my spirit.

During tragedy many of us don't feel blessed. But we have to remember that we are blessed by knowing Jesus Christ. Our High Priest, our great Intercessor. He is the Lord that can restore and make all things new.

Blessed by Fred Hammond

(Verse 1)
Since thou has walked uprightly
As a light in a dark land
Since thou has placed in thy heart
All the Lord's commands
He's set thee above nations
And cast thine enemies away
He's standing up within thee
So let me hear you say

(Chorus)
We're blessed in the city
We're blessed in the field
We're blessed when we come and when we go
We cast down every stronghold
Sickness and poverty must cease
For the devil is defeated
We are blessed

Chorus)
Blessed, Blessed, Blessed....

(Verse 2)
Thou believesth in God only, and put no confidence in man
Everything that does concern me, you placed in it his hand.

Though a host rise up against thee, to try and spoil the day
They'll rush in one road to harm thee, but they'll flee seven ways.

(Chorus)
We are blessed

(Bridge)
We know that God's word
Is clothed in truth and righteousness
We are his children
And with our heart we do confess

Late in the midnight hour God's gonna turn it around
It's gonna work in your favor
And around , and around, and around....

PinkPebbles

Day 7 - TEHILLAH
This one is the best. It is the combination of singing, shouting,
dancing, clapping and rejoicing before the Lord.

My prayers are with Haiti today, but I am also thankful and will praise God in song today as He delivers people from the devastation and protects those who are on rescue missions. The Christian radio station I listen to in the mornings have reported that people in Haiti are singing hymns and praying in the streets. Others are calling on Jesus, according to this news report.

Even in the midst of trouble, the people rejoice. This spurs me even more to PRAISE him in song through out the day. This only serves to remind me that without GOD I am nothing. :yep:

This praise challenge has also been a blessing to me. I started with Jeremiah and I ended with Jeremiah, Chapter 3, today:
Exhortations to repentance. Judah more guilty than Israel. But pardon is promised. The children of Israel express their sorrow and repentance.

God calls for a repentant heart and sincerity in praise. Renewal of spirit /mind is a progressive thing. So, I continually thank Him for his mercy and grace.

Songs of Praise:
Grateful by Hezekiah Walker

Never Would Have Made It by Marvin Sapp

How Great is Our God! by Chris Tomlin

:Rose:

In total agreement. @ the bolded is very uplifiting!

Highly Favored8

I realized today makes the 7th day of our Praise Aloud Challenge.

There are so many tragedies occurring around the world, and one of them is the devastating earthquake that took place in Haiti. During these times it's not easy to praise the Lord and extend our hands in worship. But this is the time that we need to draw even closer unto the Lord.

So today I thank God that He is a God of a Breakthrough; He is a great Comforter, Deliverer, Healer, Provider, Protector, Merciful, Loving....

His word is still true and I hope that it abides in our hearts to help love ones, friends, and family get through these difficult times.

I enjoyed this thread....and I will continue to keep Haiti and the surrounding islands in my prayers.

Isaiah 43:18-21
18Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

20The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
21This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

This past Sunday I listened to Fred Hammond song "Blessed" on the radio. And that song is still in my spirit.

During tragedy many of us don't feel blessed. But we have to remember that we are blessed by knowing Jesus Christ. Our High Priest, our great Intercessor. He is the Lord that can restore and make all things new.

Blessed by Fred Hammond

(Verse 1)
Since thou has walked uprightly
As a light in a dark land
Since thou has placed in thy heart
All the Lord's commands
He's set thee above nations
And cast thine enemies away
He's standing up within thee
So let me hear you say

(Chorus)
We are blessed

Chorus)
Blessed, Blessed, Blessed....

(Verse 2)
Thou believesth in God only, and put no confidence in man
Everything that does concern me, you placed in it his hand.

Though a host rise up against thee, to try and spoil the day
They'll rush in one road to harm thee, but they'll flee seven ways.

(Chorus)
We are blessed

(Bridge)
We know that God's word
Is clothed in truth and righteousness
We are his children
And with our heart we do confess

It's gonna work in your favor
And around , and around, and around....

To the bolded. I have been keeping up with the Praise with you ladies and I looked at today what Praise was next and I kept on saying the bolded! God is doing a new thing. Praise God.:yep:

Laela

May God bless and keep each and every one who have participated in this Praise thread (including those who didn't post). I appreciate your participation. Restoration, renewal and looking forward seems to the theme set today, so I'll run with that. Even in turmoil let us Rejoice!, not out of indifference for what's going on around us, but out of the joy of knowing we serve a Mighty God and that the Church always Rises from the Ashes. :yep:

Songs:
Days of Elijah

Let the Church Rise
God Bless Haiti!