7-DAY PRAISE & PRAISE ALOUD CHALLENGE

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Get armed and into position to activate Faith.

PRAISE ushers in the presence of God, confuses the enemy and pleases our Father, because He is our Praise:

Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;
save me, and I shall be saved,
for you are my praise.
Jeremiah 17:14

This 7-day challenge is for anyone who desires breakthrough in any area of their life or the life of their loved ones. I dare not speak for everyone, but I receive today the blessings, miracles and breakthroughs that God has in store for me in 2010. Whatever your Goliath is, I believe Praise will help defeat it!

This Challenge starts on Thursday JAN 7, 2010. We'll practice throughout the day according to the respective type of Praise but, of course, let the Holy Spirit guide you on your praises each day. I've posted information on each type of praise for your reference.
Blessings to everyone who is up for this Challenge! :yep:

Jan 7
Towdah
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] comes from the same principle root word as Yadah meaning to throw out your hands to God. It literally means, "an extension of the hand in adoration , or acceptance". It carries an attitude of gratitude for the Lord. It is apparent in the Psalms and elsewhere that it is used for thanking God for 'things not yet received' as well as things already at hand.
[/FONT]The ATTITUDE for Towdah is: "I'm thanking God. I'm agreeing with God that it is as He says. I DON'T CARE what it looks like. I'm agreeing with what His Word says." Example: Father, I thank You that I am healed.
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]2 Chronicles 29:31
Bring sacrifices as offerings of thanksgiving to the Lord.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Other verses with this praise include Jer 30:19; Psalms 26:7; Psalms 50:14[/FONT]​

Jan 8
Yadah The root meaning is "the extended hand, to throw out the hand, therefore to worship with extended hand."
This word is found in 2 Chronicles 20:19-21
The members of the Levite clans of Kohath and Korah stood up and with a loud shout praised the Lord, the God of
Israel. Early the next morning the people went out to the wild country near Tekoa. As they were starting out, Jehoshaphat addressed them with these words: "Men of Judah and Jerusalem! Put your trust in the Lord your God, and you will stand your ground. believe what his prophets tell you and you will succeed. After consulting with the people, the king ordered some musicians to put on the robes they wore on sacred occasions and to march ahead of the army, singing: "Praise the Lord! His love is eternal!"

Jan 9
Barouch (Barak)[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] means "to kneel down, to bless God as an act of adoration." This word is used in Psalm 72:12-15 and implies "expecting to receive something from the Lord." [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Barak is also found in Psalm 95:6; 1 Chronicles 29:20 and Nehemiah 9:5.[/FONT]​

Jan 10
Shabach [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] means "to address in a loud tone, to command, triumph, glory, shout." Shabach is found in Psalm 47:1; Psalm 63 1:3,4; Psalm 117:1, Psalm 106:47; and Isaiah 12:6.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]"Shout to God with a voice of triumph" (Psalm 47:1)[/FONT]​

Jan 11
Zamar
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]means "to touch the strings" referring to worshiping with musical instruments. In Psalm 150, David said, "Awake my glory; awake harp and lyre, I will awaken the dawn! I will give thanks to Thee, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises (zamar) to Thee among the nations." [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Zamar is translated to the Greek word, psallo, which is closely related to our word psalm. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]The word Zamar is found in Psalm 21:3; Psalm 66:2,4; and Isaiah 12:5.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Psalm 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth; make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. Sing unto the Lord with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm. With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the Lord, the King.[/FONT]​

Jan 12
Halell
(Halal) means "to boast, to brag about, to magnify, to be clamorously foolish". Halal is a primary Hebrew root word for praise. Our word "hallelujah" comes from this base word. It means "to be clear, to shine, to boast, show, to rave, celebrate, to rave; to celebrate.
This is a good witness. Others want to know why we're so excited. God gave us emotions, we should use the for Him. SHOUT hallelujah!
Other chapters with halal praises include Psalms 104, 105, and 106.

Jan 13
Tehillah
means
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]to sing, to laud." It is singing our halal. Psalm 22:3 says that "God is enthroned or inhabits the praises (tehilla) of His people." This is the kind of praise where God dwells. We find this praise in 1 Chronicles 16:35; Isaiah 42:10,12 and 2 Chronicles 20:22.[/FONT]
Singing from a melody in your heart by adding words to it. This refers to a special kind of singing-it is singing unprepared, unrehearsed songs. Brings tremendous unity to the body of Christ. Singing straight to God. Can move into tehilah anytime. Singing it the second time would be ZAMAR. It is the praise that God inhabits (sits enthroned on)(Psalm 22:3) God manifests Himself in the mids of exuberant singing. It also incorporates Kerar
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Karar (dance)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]One way people express emotions is through dancing. As children of God, we should respond as children would when they are happy -- dance.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Karar means to dance or whirl. 2 Samuel 6:5: David and all the Israelites were dancing and singing with all their might to honor the Lord.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Requd means to stamp, to spring about wildly or for joy, to dance, jump, or skip. 1 Chronicles 15:29 is the story of the return of the ark.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Machowl and Mechowlah refer to the same kind of dancing, a company or round dance. Exodus 15:20-21 refer to the time Miriam got her tambourine and all the women followed her, playing tambourines and dancing. Miriam sang "Sing to the Lord, because He ha won a glorious victory; He has thrown the horses and their riders into the sea."[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]We can express our joy to the Lord with dancing. It is acceptable and pleasing to the Lord.[/FONT]​

Laela

Laela

Welcome to the Challenge LIKI51.... I hope it's very rewarding for you.

Laela

DAY 1 - TOWDAH
Take away the Cause and the Effect will cease

I ask God for guidance for Scriptures each morning of this Challenge. Today I was led to open my Bible to:

1 Samuel 6
The ark of the Lord was in the country of the Philistines for seven months - bringing on them plague and hardship - and out of the presence of God's people, also bringing punishment to them. It's a chapter on atonement and trespass-offering to relieve us of hardened hearts as we restore our Covenant with God.

Lesson: It's futile to resist God, offend him and remain in a rebellious state. It only brings hardship (which he allows in Love to brings his people to their senses) and wasted time.

So today, I thank God for restoration through submission to Him. I acknowledge my Covenant with Him. Because I refuse to harden my heart in any way as the Pharaoh and Egyptians did, I will Praise Him for the return of my "Ark" through atonement.

I woke up with the onset of a cold and was sluggish. But, I don't care what it looks like, or how I feel, I will PRAISE HIM today. God is my Healer and I thank him today for healing my body, spirit, mind and soul. :yep:

Song on my Heart Today:
Hallelujah (Woke up singing this)

To the Ladies in this Challenge, I hope you have a great day in the Lord as you PRAISE HIM! Victory comes only through covenant with Him.

:Rose:

RockCreak

Thanks so much for posting. I really need this right now.

I'm sitting here.. singing and rocking.. praising Him now.... at work!

Amen!

PinkPebbles

I'm in a season where I have to trust the Lord with all of my heart and soul. I cannot look at the natural state. And even with teary, red puffy eyes I will bless the Lord with Praise.

I thank the Lord that He holds the victory. He is a shield to those who trust in Him. He will guard my course, protect and establish my ways. Therefore, I will not lean unto my own understanding nor be wise in my own eyes.

Indeed, He is worthy to be Praise!

Proverbs 2:6-8
6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

7 He holds victory in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

Laela

This is Towdah praise indeed....

My physical state is much better now and I've also drunk some green tea. Very soothing... I pray you're uplifted today.

Enjoy your day of Towdah~! And Praise be to God!!!

(OK I need to head back to work) :drunk:

God bless!
I'm in a season where I have to trust the Lord with all of my heart and soul. I cannot look at the natural state. And even with teary, red puffy eyes I will bless the Lord with Praise.

I thank the Lord that He holds the victory. He is a shield to those who trust in Him. He will guard my course, protect and establish my ways. Therefore, I will not lean unto my own understanding nor be wise in my own eyes.

Indeed, He is worthy to be Praise!

Proverbs 2:6-8
6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

7 He holds victory in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

PinkPebbles

This is Towdah praise indeed....

My physical state is much better now and I've also drunk some green tea. Very soothing... I pray you're uplifted today.

Enjoy your day of Towdah~! And Praise be to God!!!

(OK I need to head back to work) :drunk:

God bless!

Wow...I didn't know that Laela. I went back and read the definition of Towdah praise.

Thank you.

ultrasuede

Phillipians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen

I praise, bless, and thank the Lord for supplying my needs by his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Song-Trust Him And Never Doubt -By Shirley Ceasar

Laela

YW... I'm learning as well. Experiential living... God is good!:yep:

Wow...I didn't know that Laela. I went back and read the definition of Towdah praise.

Thank you.

Ultrasuede :wave: Welcome to the Challenge! Wonderful song!!!

Phillipians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen

I praise, bless, and thank the Lord for supplying my needs by his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Song-Trust Him And Never Doubt -By Shirley Ceasar

Butterfly08

I am literally going to have to praise my way through the next several months - working full time; being a single mommy for the first time after my divorce was finalized end of last year; and taking 3 graduate courses in quantitative areas that I don't feel prepared for (and haven't taken the required prereqs because the curriculum did not require me to - and the professors now say I will be at a disadvantage). I can't see my way through, but I have no choice but to trust God, regardless of how difficult things seem. I already have 2 cases to work out, a scholarly article critique, and 3 chapters to read by beginning of next week. But I raise my hands and say - "I trust You, Lord."

This song ministers to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwQy2eQbJM - "I Trust You - James Fortune

Even though I can't see and I can't feel your touch
I will trust you Lord, how I love you so much
Though my nights my seem long and I feel so alone
Lord my trust is in you, I surrender to you

So many painful thoughts travel through my mind
And i wonder how, I will make it through this time

But I trust you, Lord it's not easy
Sometimes the pain in my life makes you seem far away
But I'll trust you, I need to know you're here
Through the tears and the pain, through the heartache and rain

I'll trust you

Everything that I see tells me not to believe
But I'll trust you lord, You have never failed me
My past still controls me, will this hurt ever leave?
I can only trust you no one loves like you do

I can, I will, I must trust you
I will trust you
God will make a way!!!!

Laela

Scripture today Psalms 38 - In this day of YADAH, I lift my hands to the Most High in Remembrance.

(This is) a psalm of David.
(He wrote it so that you, LORD) will remember him.

v1 LORD, do not tell me about my mistakes
when you are not pleased (with me).
Do not punish me because you are so angry (with me).

v2For your arrows have gone deep into me
and your hand has come down on me.

v3My body is very ill because you are so angry
and there is no health in my bones because of my sin.

v4 Also, my sin has gone over my head!
Like a heavy weight, it is too heavy for me (to carry).

v5 My wounds are going bad, they are making a bad smell.
(This is) because I was so stupid.

v6 My sins have bent me down, I am very near to the ground.
Every day I walk about in black (clothes).

v7 Also, there is a terrible pain in my stomach.
There is nothing good in my body.

v8 I am very weak. Everything is pushing down on me.
I am making a noise (like a wild animal) because my heart is so sad.

v9 Lord, you know everything that I want.
Nothing can hide me from you when I cry.

v10 My heart is beating fast and my strength is failing me.
There is no light in my eyes.

v11 My family and my friends stay away from my wounds.
The people that live near me stay far from me.

v12 Also, the people that are trying to kill me set traps for me.
Those people that want bad things (to happen to me)
are planning to destroy me.
They only think about (their) lies all day long.

v13 But I am like a deaf man. I hear nothing.
Also, I am like a dumb man. I do not open my mouth.

v14 So, I have become like someone that hears but does not answer.

v15 O LORD, I have waited for you!
(I believe) that you will answer (me), O Lord my God.

v16 I say this so that my enemies will not laugh at me.
When my foot slips they stand up against me.

v17 For I am ready to fall and my pain is always with me.

v18 But I will say that I have done bad things.
My sin is always a trouble to me.

v19 Many people hate me for no reason.
A lot of people are saying lies about me.

v20 Some people repay evil for good.
They fight me when I try to do what is good.

v21 Do not leave me, O LORD.
O God, do not go far away from me.

v22 Hurry to give me help, O Lord my Salvation

God will not forsake nor forget those who remember him.
Song: Remember Me, by Mark Schultze

PinkPebbles

Today I thank the Lord for Strength and Joy.

As my Pastor often quotes 'This joy that I have the Lord has given to me. And because the world did not give it, the world cannot take it away.'

God has taught me praise and worship is not based on how I'm feeling at the moment. It's just knowing that He is God, the Almighty, Lord of lords, and King of kings. And for that He is worthy to be praised. Therefore, I will lift up my hands towards Heaven and bless the Lord with all of my heart, soul, and all that is within me.

Indeed He is worthy....

Through worship I'm thankful that the spirit of the Lord has come upon me and clothed me with the garment of praise and the oil of joy.

Jeremiah 17:5-7
5 This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands;
he will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.

ultrasuede

Psalm 37: 3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.

I praise the Lord for the confidence his word inspires and the reassurance that the Lord will bring us through any situation with victory when we trust him.

Highly Favored8

My favorite Praise and worship song.
Praise Him all Ye People!

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav'nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

Praise God the Father who's the source;
Praise God the Son who is the course;
Praise God the Spirit who's the flow;
Praise God, our portion here below

Pslams 117:1

O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.

Highly Favored8

Hymns

Glory To God In The Highest lyrics

Glory to God in the highest!
Glory to God! Glory to God!
Glory to God in the highest!
Shall be our song today

PinkPebbles

This challenge and thread is truly blessing me.

The day Laela posted this challenge is when I heard unexpected news. My heart became heavy and with tears asked the Lord why....

So this challenge came right on time because through confusion, pain, and unanswered questions I made myself bless and magnify the Lord.

After my praise and worship this morning the Lord revealed something to me. I created a guard around me towards an individual. And the Lord ministered to my spirit, 'Don't allow that guard to turn into steel. Unknowingly it could become a place to harbor unforgiveness. Relax; I the Lord will protect you.'

So today I thank the Lord for Safety and Protection :).

Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Laela

In this Purposeful day of Barouch, let us bow down to worship Our Redeemer

Scripture read today; Isaiah 52
A call for to free ourselves from bondage and the good news that the church will be redeemed and Christ's kingdom shall be exalted. The Lord's servant will suffer but succeed.

Song:
Bow Down & Worship Him

Verse 11 sticks with me: "Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord"

Those who have seen his Salvation work in their lives are commanded to turn aside from the filth (world pollution) that is surrounding them. Rather than even touching it or dwelling in it, they are to go out and be purified by God using thier gifts to serve Him as they live in the Center of His Presence.
(gracepointfellowship.org)