8 dead at Astroworld Fest/Travis Scott concert

LiftedUp

This is terrible- but one of the first things that came to mind when I heard about this tragedy and Alec Baldwin’s :look: was salivating over the opportunity to present them as case studies for my beloved professor (I had never been taught by a black woman in my life and she was my everything) in my Master’s program as potential presentations for quality systems process improvements. This article explains why this is Travis’ fault because it’s his festival and the setup of the stages may have been a major part of the problem (which seemed to play to his ego) also the complete lack of professional safety with respect to concert management was a recipe for disaster. Professor Mason would never approve of Variety as a credible source but :lol: :

This is a good idea... I need to present a lessons learned paper...

Everything Zen

^^^^ But the problem is we don’t know what the lessons learned are yet in either case and what changes will be made to either industry since everything is still playing out. It will probably take a few years to see the results of these tragedies.

Another one that may have a little time with some results were all those issues Southwest was having a few years ago when that woman was sucked out the window. We were discussing that one in class as it was happening back in 2018?

I did my first for the program on Chipotle and all those food poisoning incidents they were having and it was fascinating. As long as the incident caused death or injury and cost the company a severe financial impact and potentially hurt their brand- those are the things I always think about.

OmbreLune

I was gonna say, I'm really surprised at him performing at another festival so soon but it looks like he has been replaced by Post Malone.

OmbreLune

At most he's responsible for inciting the crowd to behave dangerously (storm the barricades, rush the stage, etc). He doesn't get to claim to just be a dumb rapper now. He doesn't get to be a businessman only when it's time to collect a check. The blame he's receiving is justified. Others just need to be held accountable as well.
Agreed, he and his team share blame with the venue management and police department. His past frequent behavior of inciting the crowd is what is incriminating here. That's just so :censored:disrespectful to all the event staff that are working hard to keep his sorry behind safe. Would he be telling thousands of people not to listen to security if he didn't have the safety of being able to run backstage away from the crowd? I doubt it. Believe me, local event security does not get paid well enough to be putting their lives on the line like this. For most it is just a second job with the perks of being able to experience live music, these are not trained professionals.

OmbreLune

I did my first for the program on Chipotle and all those food poisoning incidents they were having and it was fascinating. As long as the incident caused death or injury and cost the company a severe financial impact and potentially hurt their brand- those are the things I always think about.
Sounds like a very interesting course. Off topic but mannn I havent touched Chipotle since then. Nope. Can't do it. I think I read somewhere that their san Francisco locations wouldnt wear gloves because it's environmentally unfriendly?? I shouldn't spread rumors though, not sure if that was true. Anywhoo, they're still around so I guess they're doing a'ight. But the brand is forever tarnished for me.

Everything Zen

I didn’t want to say it because people would be like you’re just saying it because he’s a black man but Travis Scott basically appropriated an element of a genre of music that he clearly doesn’t know how to utilize properly from rock, punk, and metal and it came back to bite his :moon: