9 Month Progress Pics!!!!

Bianna125

I am so happy! I just got a relaxer, trim and style today at 10 weeks, and I just noticed my jacked up “W” shaped ends have filled in! I feel like I can finally focus on length. Up to now it's been all about slowly trimming away ends while trying to stay at SL, but now I think I can make APL next year!

The 9 months really flew by because my beloved half wigs made it so interesting...new hair every week and little damage!

I wish I could wear my hair like this every day! Even my husband said, "So this means you can stop wearing wigs now, right?" :lachen: No! I said I don't want to lose any progress I made, by daily styling or heat. But I do want to try braidouts or rollersets, now that my ends are not see through.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I got so much of my motivation from you ladies here! This is my regimen (from my fotki...check it out!)

My WASH regimen (once or twice a week)
-Wash with non-sulfate poo (2 lathers)
-Dry (t-shirt dry for 5 min)
-Deep Condition (Maybe add oils and honey; leave on for one hour to overnight)
-Dry (t-shirt dry for 5 min)
-Apply liquid water based leave in
-Moisturize/seal and place hair in a damp bun
-Scarf method to air dry and smooth edges

My COWASH Regimen (Once or twice a week)
-Co wash with Hair One or any other conditioner
-T-shirt dry for 5 min
-Apply liquid water based leave in
-Moisturize/seal and place hair in a damp bun
-Scarf method to air dry and smooth edges

My Daily Moisturizing Regimen
-Divide hair into 4 or 6 sections
-Apply water based moisturizer from spray bottle (carefree curl gold, braid spray, wave nouveau and water, or s-curl and water)
-Apply creamy moisturizer/cream leave in (whatever I'm feeling at the moment; I have so many!)
-Seal with oil
-Baggy bun and wrap with scarf or put on half wig, full wig, or ponytail

I have tried so many products, also in my fotki... but I love wave nouveau and coconut oil. I ponytail baggy under all my wigs and usually dont leave any hair out in front. I never use heat at home.

Growth aids: I have used one bottle of MT, and have been using MSM for about 2 months

Last edited:

Nice Lady

It looks good because there are no see through ends anymore and it is full and lush. It is such a great turn around within 9 months.

Stella B.

Nice!!! Your ends are thick and full now. What wonderful progress you've made! :grin: Congrats on your success in achieving healthier hair!!!!!