A "bad hair dream"....?

zzirvingj

Has anyone here ever had a "bad dream" about their hair? :look:

I actually had one last Friday night. I have been contemplating for what seems like ages now about getting some bangs cut. I've got an appointment for a press in a couple of weeks and I don't plan on trimming my hair at all. So needless to say, I won't be getting bangs....at least not this time.

Anyways, I had a dream that when I went in to get this press done, I changed my mind at the spur of the moment and said..."You know what....go ahead on and cut me some bangs!" :yep:

So the lady whips me around in the chair so I am facing her and starts cutting away. I have my eyes closed because she's cutting my bangs. :rolleyes:

Anyways, when she is done, she whips me around towards the mirror and says, "Voila!! You look gorgeous"! I open my eyes and am SHOCKED to see that she cut my WHOLE HEAD! My near-midback length hair has been cut into a shoulder-length bob....with some bangs.

I was so traumatized that I ran out of the salon with my face in my hands, crying. And the worst thing was, when I went back to work the next day, all of the "haters" seemed to be smiling in my face, all glad that I had gotten my hair "whacked off". :spinning:

Anyways, that dream felt SO REAL! lol This whole "hair growing" thing must be serious cuz I've never dreamed about my hair before, LOL. Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't get bangs? LOL Or maybe it has something to do with all the recent bad experiences some people have been having with stylists.

Anyone else ever had a similar experience....a bad dream about their hair...???

Last edited:

mzcris

Has anyone here ever had a "bad dream" about their hair? :look:

I actually had one last Friday night. I have been contemplating for what seems like ages now about getting some bangs cut. I've got an appointment for a press in a couple of weeks and I don't plan on trimming my hair at all. So needless to say, I won't be getting bangs....at least not this time.

Anyways, I had a dream that when I went in to get this press done, I changed my mind at the spur of the moment and said..."You know what....go ahead on and cut me some bangs!" :yep:

So the lady whips me around in the chair so I am facing her and starts cutting away. I have my eyes closed because she's cutting my bangs. :rolleyes:

I was so traumatized that I ran out of the salon with my face in my hands, crying. And the worst thing was, when I went back to work the next day, all of the "haters" seemed to be smiling in my face, all glad that I had gotten my hair "whacked off". :spinning:

Anyways, that dream felt SO REAL! lol This whole "hair growing" thing must be serious cuz I've never dreamed about my hair before, LOL. Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't get bangs? LOL Or maybe it has something to do with all the recent bad experiences some people have been having with stylists.

Anyone else ever had a similar experience....a bad dream about their hair...???

Anyways, when she is done, she whips me around towards the mirror and says, "Voila!! You look gorgeous"! I open my eyes and am SHOCKED to see that she cut my WHOLE HEAD! My near-midback length hair has been cut into a shoulder-length bob....with some bangs

First I want to say your hair is beautiful! But yes...I have had bad hair dreams...I dreamed one time that I was bold headed...I woke up touching my hair in a sweat...:rolleyes:...thank God it was just a dream. And I've had bad hair dreams prior to going to the hair salon...when I use to go the salon. Thank goodness all dreams don't come true!

zzirvingj

First I want to say your hair is beautiful! But yes...I have had bad hair dreams...I dreamed one time that I was bold headed...I woke up touching my hair in a sweat...:rolleyes:...thank God it was just a dream. And I've had bad hair dreams prior to going to the hair salon...when I use to go the salon. Thank goodness all dreams don't come true!

Thanks! :grin: I edited my original post because I had been typing it at work in between doing some things and part of the story was "out of order"...

Glad to see it's not just me having bad dreams about my hair :look:

prospurr4

Yes, I once had a bad dream about my hair.

In the dream, my rollerset had just finished drying, and I began to quickly remove the rollers, when I suddenly noticed that my hair was still wrapped around the rollers, and I was left with a bald spot where the roller had been! :eek::eek:

Thank God, it was only a dream.

crazydaze911

i was gonna post about this yesterday!
Last week i had TWO, count them, TWO! bad hair dreams that freaked me out. They were both about relaxing my hair.
Im a 'confused transitioner' (see my siggy) meaning i'm not sure if i'm transitioning or just stretching really really long :lachen:. All i think about is should i or shouldnt i continue to go natural.
so last week i had these TWO dreams. in the first one, i went for a wash and set and the lady permed my hair without my permission. by the time i realized what she was doing, it was too late, and it was already processing when i tried to wash it out. and it left me with dead hair, and those prickly short hairs by my hairline (i used to hate that).
then the very next day i had another dream, in this one i told the lady to relax it ALITTLE - like texlax - and she put it through my crown area - all the way down the lenght and that was it. when she was done, i had 5 different types of textures on my head.
i thought i was going nuts with the dreams, or shall i say NIGHTMARES, b/c u do really think its real for a while there.
so do you guys take these dreams as a 'sign' or just count it as nerves and go to the salon anyway?

poetist

Yup. Ive had nightmares about perming my hair. Not that perming is bad, but my hair is thriving in its natural state. I most recently had a dream that I wanted to even up my ends. I too am almost MBL and when I finished "trimming" I had a chin length, pressed bob. I was horrified. Needless to say, it was just a dream :sleeping:. Thank God!!!!