A Change of Pace - Day 1 of a "40 - Day Fast from Wrong Thinking"

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Re: A Change of Pace - Day of a "40 - Day Fast from Wrong Thinking"

:flowers:

Revolution Day 38

Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “What if I end up poor when I’m old?"

We need to attack this fear with the Word of God and with right thinking.
Let's Change It Today:

1. Embrace God as your source—you’re only source. That doesn’t mean you don’t work or save. But fix your mind on God as provider. He is Jehovah Jireh—your provider (Genesis 22:12-14).

2. "Poor” thinking leads to “poor” living. Replace ‘poverty’ thinking (just getting by), with ‘prosperity’ thinking. Look up Romans 8:32. God supplies us with all things RICHLY to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17).

3. Think on God’s faithfulness. (Psalm 37:25) "Know therefore that the Lord thy God, He is God, the faithful God.” (Deuteronomy 7:9) He will not fail you—He will provide—Hebrews 13:5.

4. Renew your mind to the purpose of money. God wants you blessed to be a blessing (Genesis 12:1-3). Deuteronomy 8:18 says He gives us the power to get wealth—TO ESTABLISH HIS COVENANT.

5. YOU HAVE CONTROL. Say it and believe it. You control your financial future by the seeds you sow and by the plans you make.

6. BELIEVE in the power of wisdom. You can ask for and receive MORE THAN YOU NEED (James 1:5). Solomon asked for wisdom, and he became wealthy. (2 Chronicles 1:11)

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I embrace God as my source.

He provides all things richly for me to enjoy.

I rebuke the fear of being poor, and I fill my mind with thoughts of God’s provision.

He is faithful to me, because of His covenant. I see the purpose of money is to advance the kingdom of God and I expect to bring MUCH advance for His glory.

I expect the wisdom of God to flood my life beginning today, in Jesus’ Name!

Shimmie

Staff member
Re: A Change of Pace - Day 39 of OUR "40 - Day Fast from Wrong Thinking"

Revolution Day 39

Today we’re fasting from thinking:

“I missed my chances of success. I missed my opportunities.”

We are often held back by the regret of missed opportunities.

Let’s Change It Today:

1. Don’t REGRET; FORGET! Forget what might have been, and look forward to what CAN BE. Faith in the possibilities of God extinguishes regret. Ephesians 6:16 says the shield of faith quenches all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

2. BURY missed opportunities. And believe the dead buried seed of the past will yield living harvests of the future. Your past is dead to you. Become dead to it.

3. Meditate on Philippians 3:13-14 which says, “...this one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind, reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal...”

Notice 3 words:

forgetting,
reaching,
pressing.

Forgetting means: to turn away from what is gone; and turn toward what is to come.

4. Recognize God has something better for you. Hebrews 11:40 says, “God has something better for us.” Expect it. Look forward to it.

5. Take charge of what CAN BE with your words. Job 22:28 says, “You shall decree a thing, and it shall be established to you...”

6. Just Do It.

Start doing, today, what you should have done yesterday (provided it’s godly!)

It’s not too late!

Psalm 118:24 says THIS IS THE DAY the Lord has made—let us rejoice—take ACTION. (Daniel 11:32)

Think It & Say It:

Today I replace regretting with forgetting.

I bury the past and expect resurrections of opportunities and new chances.

I will not ask ‘what might have been.’ I’ll declare what will be with my words.

I forget what lies behind and refuse to look back anymore at what I missed out on or could have had.

God has something better for me today, and I accept it, take action toward it, and expect the greatest days of my life, ahead—in Jesus’ Name!

Shimmie

Staff member
From my heart to yours... :giveheart:

Four Score -- minus one.

These were the number of stripes Jesus born upon His back when He chose to take upon Himself, the price for our redemption.

Four Score --- minus one, is the number of our 40 Day Fast, Day 39.

Every blessing, every syllable, every promise, has been paid for with every stripe that Jesus born for us upon His back.

Do not 'minus' a single stroke of it, not one stroke of your blessings has been deleted from the Covenant which God paid for you; for it is yours to have and to receive fully into your life.

In Him, you move, and live and breathe and have your being, therefore in God how can you not believe that He wants you to receive the promises above and so much more.

Four Score -- minus 'one'. Day 39 -- Receive your blessings, every one.

:grouphug2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Re: A Change of Pace - Days 40 of Our "40 - Day Fast from Wrong Thinking"

Revolution Day 40

Today we're fasting from the thought that says,

“I doubt I will ever really prosper and succeed.”

Let's Change It TODAY:

1. Discover the root of doubt. Doubt comes when we judge our situation by what it looks like or what we feel, rather than by what God said. (2 Corinthians 5:7)

2. Stop seeing double! Doubt means DOUBLE; to be divided in your mind. We must CHOOSE to believe ONLY the Word of God.

3. Recognize the consequence of doubt—James 1:6-7. The one who doubts CAN’T receive from God.

4. Starve your doubt. When the thought of doubt comes, replace it with the exact opposite thought. For example, the thought comes: “I’ll never get out of debt.” Replace it immediately with: “My God supplies all my needs. And I shall lend, rather than borrow.”

5. Be child-like in your faith. Don’t over-analyze. Children believe. They haven’t let reason and intellect, and life experiences dampen their faith. See yourself as a child - child of God. Accept what He says. (Matthew 18:3)

6. Jesus is in the boat with you. He said, “Why did you doubt?” (Matthew 14:31). He was surprised by their doubt, since He was right there with them. Believe He’s with you. His presence is enough—you will succeed.

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I choose to believe what God says, regardless of what I see or feel.

I receive from God. I feed my faith with the Word and starve my doubts.

Since Jesus is the boat with me, I will arrive at the place of great success, in Jesus’ Name!

Shimmie

Staff member
From my heart to yours.... :giveheart:

There is not one failure among you.... NOT ONE.

Go and Prosper, Spirit, Soul and Body...

In Jesus' Name... Amen.

:giveheart:

janiebaby

I'm just discovering this thread. I'll be going through the other fasting threads as well. I've been thinking about these things lately.