A Chilling Rebuke of Joel Olsteen

Discussion in 'Christian Fellowship' started by momi, Sep 21, 2013.

1. MrsHaseeb

MrsHaseeb Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    You can't encourage people without dealing with the sin and telling people to repent. This cute flowery message does not come from the Bible. What's the point in giving them hope in this life for them to end up in the Lake of fire? The word says, knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men. It didn't say anything about the encouragement and mercy of the Lord, it said TERROR. The Bible also says that if we have hope only in this life we are of all men most miserable. What he's doing is giving people hope only in this life. Nothing he is saying is of eternal value.

The apostles and early believers told people the politically incorrect truth, point blank range and they saved thousands, they offered real salvation. All Joel Osteen is doing is offering a false salvation to make people feel good and as a result signing off on his own demise and those who listen to him.

2. MrsHaseeb

MrsHaseeb Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Amen!!!!!!

Sarabellam likes this.
  3. topsyturvy86

topsyturvy86 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    OK I haven't watched the video as I am at work but I absolutely love Joel Osteen!

I subscribe to his podcast and listen every week; his messages give me so much hope when I feel like all is almost lost and always reminds me that God is for me and has great plans for me which are written on the palm of His hands. I love Joel's approach. I think hard core fire and brimstone preaching has it's place and so does a more gentle grace approach. When i'm in a dark place and my mind is getting unhealthy and i'm seeking God & want to listen to the Word, as much as I love TD Jakes for example, I don't think to listen to him, I think to listen to Joel Osteen

We're all part of the body of Christ guys, and the body has many parts. No one part is best or more spiritual or more effective than the other, they all have different purposes. Joel Osteens ministry is a great part of the Kingdom of God on this earth in this generation and a huge blessing to me and i'm sure so many others by judging the size and reach of his church.

We're all on a journey, even Pastors and i'm sure we've all said things and when we thought about them in hindsight or went digging in the Bible or even with time, we realised it wasn't quite right so I wouldn't judge the poor guy; if he's preaching Jesus we're all on the same side!

4. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    @topsyturvu86

Please check out the video I'm interested in knowing your thoughts after you've seen it.

Unfortunately Joel is denying essential tenants of
    the Christian faith which makes him a heretic.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback on this subject. The antichrist will come in the last days promising peace and prosperity - we must learn to try every spirit to see if it is the spirit of truth or error. If not - many will find themselves deceived by him Hate to get all deep but this needs to be said. "Once you receive the mark of the beast you can no longer receive salvation".

5. menina

menina Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    There definitely has to be a balance in spreading the Gospel. I also see Joel as a motivational speaker because I haven't seen a balance. He's a good encourager, but what about being relatable to the people he speaks to? Like as far as I have seen, he portrays him and his family as so happy go lucky. Especially at his age most people have been through something that would help them minister. I don't doubt his sincerity, but his words would have more weight i guess.

6. Laela

Laela At Home, in Mela Nation

Blog Posts:
    Have you seen this?