A&D Ointment

leejeff

I have been using this on my edges and it seems to be growing them in. I don't know if this was ever mentioned on the board but I thought I would share the info.

This topic should be moved to the hair board :)
A&D ointment is
a zinc oxide cream- used for diaper rash,the ingredients are good.
active ingredients: dimethicone 1% zinc oxide 10%
aloe barbadensis extract, benzyl alcohol, coconut oil, cod liver oil, viamin a, vitamin d, fragrance, glyceryl oleate, light mineral oil, ozokerite,parrafin, propylene glycol,sorbital,beeswax, water....

I have a friend who is a RN and she is the one who told me to use it. I have also been using on both of my daughters.

leejeff said:
I have a friend who is a RN and she is the one who told me to use it. I have also been using on both of my daughters.
Hi,leejeff.I wanted to know how are you using it for your daughters, are you using it as a hair grease, and is it growing their hair?

leejeff said:
I have been using this on my edges and it seems to be growing them in. I don't know if this was ever mentioned on the board but I thought I would share the info.
how long did it take to see results?

creolebombshell said:
My cousin, who is a RN, used this and achieved close to waist length hair.

what exactly was your cousin's regime?
how often was A&D used? etc
how long did it take her to reach waist length?
what results are you seeing?
and finally what is your regime?;)

I oil my girls scalps with it. I have been using for a month and I am starting to see some results. I will keep you guys posted on me and my girls progress.

wantlonghealthyhair said:
what exactly was your cousin's regime?
how often was A&D used? etc
how long did it take her to reach waist length?
what results are you seeing?
and finally what is your regime?;)

My cousin didn't really have a set routine. She said she would go to the Domincans for her wash/set and relaxers and just use the A&D on her roots. I don't know how long it took b/c I didn't see her very often it was like one year I saw her with shoulder length and then next year I saw her w/waist lenght her. I can say this she has type 4A hair and it is genetics.

Might b a silly question but i have to ask---She uses the petroleum based ointment right? Not the white "baby butt paste" one?

:wave:Hello all....This is my first time posting, although I've been around for a few months. I have being using quite a few of the techniques I have learned from you ladies and my hair is thriving. Thanks so much!:love:
I am curious to know if a&d ointment works for edges. My daughter's edges are very thin. I've been using castor oil and it seems to be working, but I'm looking for something better if there is something better out there.

Glad to be a part of the family!:circle:

:wave:Hello all....This is my first time posting, although I've been around for a few months. I have being using quite a few of the techniques I have learned from you ladies and my hair is thriving. Thanks so much!:love:
I am curious to know if a&d ointment works for edges. My daughter's edges are very thin. I've been using castor oil and it seems to be working, but I'm looking for something better if there is something better out there.

Glad to be a part of the family!:circle:

Hello and welcome, do a search for growing your edges or hairline, you will find more posts on the subject. You will find so much good stuff on this board and a lot of wonderful people.

Back