A 'Layers OUT' Challenge in 2010???

MsBoinglicious

-Have you suffered from a botched hair cut? YES!

-Cut your hair into layers and now hate them? YES!

-You wanna get rid of that V shape, W shape hair and be blunt? YES!

-BC'd your hair and it naturally grew out into weird lengths? YES!

If you answered yes to any of those questions, well this might be the challenge for you!!! *points to you* YES YOU!!!

Who wants to join me in growing out their layers or uneven cuts?? *raises hand* I hate my layers and can’t wait for the crown to catch up with the nape. I think it will take a year for me to be a full length anything lol .So if you want to join me let me know. I will make it as simple as possible. I am a former LCHF Challenge Drop out! So trust, it will be super easy. We will mainly focus on those shorter layers, picture documentation and healthy retention practices.

I think as far as documentation goes…I dunno maybe update every 3 months? Take two pictures per update session. (One with all your hair down to see all the length. The other picture with only the shortest layer showing, you would pull the longest layer to the side)?

I was thinking we can start at the end of Dec after Christmas. Because I know everyone will have something done to their hair for the holidays, so it’s a good time to take pictures.

Also I said we would make this fun and what’s more fun than getting prizes…YEAH!!!! I dunno maybe the top three or five people who showed the best improvement would get something nice? What ya think is that fair?

Okay let me know if you wanna join in, PM me with your name or just drop a post on here. Feel free to suggest things that could be helpful.

Challengers:
BamaBeauty1985
boingboing
BostonMaria
Cali*Rocks
chelleypie810
esi.adokowa
*fabulosity*
Fullypersuaded7
FlawedBeauty
Kellum
Kerryann
LisaLisa1908 (maybe)
lizzyb168
longhairdreamzz
Morehairplease
MrsdeReyes
mtmorg
Nia430
Pringle
sqzbly1908

Last edited:

destine2grow

I am growing out a short cut. I have about an 1.5 hair in the back and about 3 or 4 in on the sides and top. I am definitely in. I want my hair to be the same length all the way around.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Hmmm. Let me see what my hair is looking like after my touch up at the end of the year and I'll get back to you. My shortest layers are between my nose and mouth but I might keep them.

Kerryann

Man boingboing im so in all these different lenghts is getting on my nerves right now and it does make the ends look thin

But i swear i dont want to cut this sucker but hey

Ozma

Pm'ed you already. I've been trimming the last few months, so the difference between my layers is 2 1/2". Hopefully I'll be even by Spring.:yep:

Kellum

Can I join even if I don't want my layers completely gone? I like the shape of my hair layered, but I have too many right now.

I like my layers, I just want my hair to be fuller at the ends. When I do my touch up in about 3 weeks I will know how much growth I got. From stretching my hair; my shortest layer is NL and my longest (fingers crossed) BSL. That is a big difference in length. It will take a long while for my hair to catch up, at least a year.

I don't I want my hair to be totally blunt. I like having layering towards the front of my face and a few in the back. Plus I don't want to lose all of my progress either. My goal is to have the back be less layered. The shortest layer I want to be BSL with longest MBL and have the front layered toward my face.

MsBoinglicious

Can I join even if I don't want my layers completely gone? I like the shape of my hair layered, but I have too many right now.

I like my layers, I just want my hair to be fuller at the ends. When I do my touch up in about 3 weeks I will know how much growth I got. From stretching my hair; my shortest layer is NL and my longest (fingers crossed) BSL. That is a big difference in length. It will take a long while for my hair to catch up, at least a year.

I don't I want my hair to be totally blunt. I like having layering towards the front of my face and a few in the back. Plus I don't want to lose all of my progress either. My goal is to have the back be less layered. The shortest layer I want to be BSL with longest MBL and have the front layered toward my face.

HEHE yes my longest layer is SL/NL and my longest layer is at BSB so we are in the same boat. You will be setting your own goals. This challenge is all about layers and getting them to where you need them to be. So yes you can join.

I like my layers but my hair cut is completely uneven so yea.. can I join?

Yes you can, seems like you want to grow out that uneven cut but keep some layering? Come on aboard!

longhairdreamzz

I plan on using sew-in's and massaging frequently to grow out my layers. Before I put in my next sew-in I'm going to do a search and destroy specifically in the front.

dlewis

Good luck ladies. It toof me 3 cuts and 6 months to get rid of my layers and to get back to BSL.

MizzCoco

Good luck ladies. It toof me 3 cuts and 6 months to get rid of my layers and to get back to BSL.

Thanks D. Lewis! I hate that I even got these stupid layers. THey are cute at first, but they start to be a pain in the arse when applying moisturizers and DCs, your hair is beautiful, BTW. How much did you trim each time?

BostonMaria

BoingBoing, please add me to the challenge! My goal is to be blunt cut and tailbone by December 2010. This challenge will help me achieve that goal. I'm so tired of the layers done by my BC.

Cheekychica

Me Me Me!!! I am growing out a short haircut (using wigs mostly right now) and the front of my hair grows faster than the back. :wallbash: I could so use the help in fixing this problem!

I'm in!

*fabulosity*

I'll join... not cause I hate them... but because I want to see if I can grow them out; specially now since I guess I'm a kitchentician... when I get to BSL.. I definitely want more... APL and little past SL layers... they seem to give the hair more body...

Desarae

Good luck ladies! It is hard growing out layers. I've had to cut the back of my hair about 3 times before the top got long enough from my BC! I'm glad it's over now!