A letter to my annoying coworker.

bunnie82

Dear Annoying Coworker,

You are very annoying. Stop asking me if I cut my hair every time I wear it down in its natural state. You of all people should understand the power of shrinkage as you are Black and are on your own HHJ. Do not ask me how I take care of my hair and then turn your nose up and tell me that I am doing too much to it and it will fall off. And just to let you know, just because my hair doesn’t have a “shine” to it does not mean my hair is unhealthy. No, I do not need to dowse my hair in oil. Why do you ask me what products I use just to say negative things about them? I know you think it’s dumb that I cowash, deep condition, moisturize and seal my hair etc. Oh, and thanks for reminding me that I am *black* when I share with you that I am using ayurvedic powders and etc. I really needed that…..i almost forgot who I was for a sec…. *phew*…you saved me! THANK YOU!!!!

You think I should stay off the internet because one day my hair is gonna fall out with all of the “crazy” stuff I’m trying.
I really don’t care if you care for my BIG hair when I do my rollersets……I know on the inside, you’re wishing your hair could be like mine…..ain’t cha??!!!
You don’t like my bun, eh- I don’t care….I DO! You never say ANYTHING nice and it’s really sad…..

May I remind you that your hair has been CBL since I started working here- 5 years ago. I guess you decided to “weave it up” with that stringy weave that looks like it’s running away from your head! NICE!!!

Furthermore, you are very annoying, and if we were not in the work place I would tell you to SHOVE IT and a few other choice words.

Good luck on your HHJ….hope one day you get past CBL.

Love,

Bunnie

P.S. While you flip your hair as you tell *me* what *I* am doing to *my* hair, let me tip you love, -That weave is not working for you.

I SAY GOOD DAY!

Last edited:

NaturalBeauty<3

LOL!

hilarious. I've heard them allllll.

I'm learning that most of the "insults" are just backhanded compliments.
Why are you asking me what I put in my hair if you're just gonna insult my hair practices?And tell me that my hair is gonna fall out?? What is that... wishful thinking???
&& If it DID fall out and I was scalli-wag bald. . . It'd still be longer than y.........
I digress.
Jealousy. Biggest form of flattery.
Embrace it, love.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
EVERY DAY it is something!!! i just want to say SHUT UPPPPP!!!

Really? Are you like friends with her and so she feels like it's okay? That's a lot from someone who's just a co-worker and it's really inappropriate for the workplace to discuss such things. Why not just have a professional conversation with her about it? You gotta draw the line somewhere :ohwell:

bunnie82

no i am not friends with her....there are not that many black ppl that work in my bldg.....i wanna say maybe 10, and we all small talk/converse and what have you.... but we are not friends- we don't hang out and go to lunch or anything. OH! she isn't the only one......there is another lady like that whose hair is just breaking off like crazy!!! she tries to put her hair in a ponytail but it just looks like a doberman's nub. :confused:
please keep walking....your desk is ---------> thataway.

NYAmicas

Seeker
lol, when people try to tell me jack I point out I've grown my hair out without anyone's help while there's has stayed the same length for years.

They shut up then.

CurlsBazillion

omg this reminds me of my best friend's coworker. It never fails once a week she'll call me and damn near scream out of frustration because her coworker constantly hates. I don't understand why women like this hate so much that they throw away all shame and blatantly hate. If I hated on someone I'd be too ashamed to speak on it but women like this are proud haters or something. It's weird.

coolsista-paris

People ask advice to put you down and tell you uiu know nothing ...why foutre they ask at the first point.they should pass their way and continue there crap that aint working (as they know everything ).........pfff à t work they were commenting my hair and its improvement ....but 1 woman was not happy for me like she others. She said "Well if your hair has gotten longer and thicker like you say why do you wear à wig then instead of showing your hair"...like i have to prove something .j now ps w/ wigs. I told that lady i.know What Im doing.and.she'll understand later ....in years?

HibiscusHoney

I feel this letter - I'm in the same boat.I'm on my own hair journey and the girls at work are very inquisitive - asking about my hair practices everyday. As the OP says, everytime you tell them something - they knock it back :nono: -castor oil? that's not for hair! aloe vera? that's not for hair! amla oil? that's for Indians only! and on and on and on......:perplexed
Now - I've learned. When any one of them ask what are you doing? I say, "Girl, nothing! Nothing at all!" I plan to reveal all at Christmas and then tell them, "Get stuffed!".:lick:

Fyne

I need to write a letter to my co-worker too because im tired :look:

When I 1st started this role 8-9 months ago she was full and healthy SL and I was NL/SL, daily she would ask me what am I up to now with my hair, how stretching will make me bald, she found shed hair in the toilet is it mine?!, hair needs to be dirty to grow e.t.c....:spinning::nono:

Today this is her hair and she is still chatting...

Who's hair is falling out now boo?

allmundjoi

Fyne said:

When I 1st started this role 8-9 months ago she was full and healthy SL and I was NL/SL, daily she would ask me what am I up to now with my hair, how stretching will make me bald, she found shed hair in the toilet is it mine?!, hair needs to be dirty to grow e.t.c....:spinning::nono:

Lmbo. Ya wrong girl!

GIJane

That's exactly why I don't tell noone what I do to my hair. I have one of those annoying civilian co-workers. Actually quite a few of them. I have noticed in my work place and family that it is always AA that talk negative about natural hair and unorthodox hair care. But these particular ones are the ones that can't get to a healthy shoulder length or have no edges. I have noticed that the AA with healthy ends will listen. That is why I just give them all the site address. They no longer ask me anything.

But off the record the biggest hair critic in my civilian work office happens to be a homosexual male. He ragged about this lady in the office hair so bad that I cursed him out. I told him that I was offended by what he said. And he should be more worried about his receding hair line and loosing weight. Then her natural hair journey. As long as her hair and clothes are clean what difference does it make. Then I proceeded to tell him that I was tired of him wearing that same ol shirt with the stain on it. He never spoke to me about hair care after that.

GIJane

LMBAO... LOL :lachen: No you did not take a picture. You know we are wrong for this.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower

#IDIED :lol:

PureSilver

I even posted this in my blog in my anticipation to respond......girl you make me laugh so hard i got water running from my eyes. :lachen::lachen::lachen:truly this is joke of the day.....can i say new thread on those bad talking chwed up hair women who continue to give opinions when it wasnt asked for. My word! chick aint even got ends much more hair......She need some LHCF practices in her life so she can develop holistically.

Looks like the chair is straining too from so much pressure!- dont get me started....enough said!

Guitarhero

Ignorant! I think she's jealous. Seriously, flipping a stringy weave that is screaming for liberation from her head. Give Us Free!!!