A Little Info About Proteins

bravenewgirl87

scorpio said:
thanks for the info because I just started using Joico KPak and it has the hydrolzyed human hair keratin....so glad to know its high quality stuff.

Ditto! But i find it only works well if your hair has been clarified or shampoo'd. If it do it with co-wash... doesn't work for me.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm hoping that FINALLY I can find a protein that likes my hair. Thanks for Sareca, I bought both Wheat and Oat proteins from FNWL. I hope this will work...:confused:

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
wonderful list! Thanks for sharing this info. No wonder that even the trial size of Joico K-Pak liquid reconstructor I bought is expensive...it's loaded with hydrolized hair keratin!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Great post. I think I need to re-evaluate my protein treatments after reading this

This should be a sticky!!!:yep:

dejalove26

has anyone used the Hair Fitness nutrient conditioner? It contains hydrolyzed keratin protein and wheat protein among other good things for the hair.

Hair Fitness® Nutrient Conditioner

The Hair Fitness Nutrient Conditioner detangles instantly and is designed to get your hair in top physical condition with a natural, nourishing formula. The Hair Fitness Nutrient Conditioner helps protect your hair from the ravages of our environment, heat, chemicals, coloring and bleaching, braiding and overstyling, perms, sports and weather factors.

Hair Fitness Nutrient Shampoo and Conditioner are friendly to animals and have No Animal Ingredients or testing, friendly to people and to the earth with natural nourishing formulas and recyclable packaging. The Hair Fitness Nutritional Supplement is also COMPLETELY VEGETARIAN and contains NO sugar, salt, yeast, artificial flavoring or coloring.

increase anagen (growing phase) of hair, lengthen, thicken,restore color, prevent split ends and breakage. Fitness for damaged hair, brittle hair, bleached hair, permed hair, thinning hair, heat damaged hair.
Technical Information

Available in 8 oz. and 32 oz. sizes

Ingredients - Deionized Water, Behenyl Trimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Wheat Germ Oil, Safflower Oil, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Cysteine, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Oligosaccharides, Steardimonium Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Beta Carotene (Pro-Vitamin A), Allantoin, Biotin, Lecithin, Extracts of : Oatstraw, Saw Palmetto, Alfalfa, Horsetail, Comfrey, Coltsfoot and Algin, Evening Primrose Oil, Selenium, Zinc, Calcium Pantothenate, Essential Fatty Acids, Fragrance, Methylparaben and Phenoxyethanol.

DEIONIZED WATER - Purified water that has had all minerals and chemicals removed.

BEHENYL TRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE - This is an emulsifier that imparts conditioning and is derived from rapeseed oil.

CETEARYL ALCOHOL - Vegetable derived conditioning agent and emulsifier. It is a fatty alcohol used to thicken and stabilize formulations. Cetearyl Alcohol imparts an emollient feel to the conditioner. It can be used in water-in-oil emulsions, oil-in-water emulsions, and anhydrous formulations-----cream, lotion, ointment, body butter and salt scrubs.

STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE - For an excellent conditioning effect.

CYCLOMETHICONE and DIMETHICONOL - Protective, detangling and smoothing action by silicone-derived products.

WHEAT GERM OIL , SAFFLOWER OIL - Vegetable derived oils for shine, nutrients and conditioning.

COCODIMONIUM HYDROLYZED HAIR KERATIN - This particular ingredient is especially beneficial to the hair. First of all, it is made from human hair. For that reason the amino acid profile is perfectly suited for restructuring, repairing and strengthening the hair shaft. Another remarkable feature of this ingredient is its ionic modification. Hair is normally anionic, or negatively charged, as are most proteins used in hair care products. This particular protein has been modified to be cationic, or positively charged. It is the resulting ionic attraction of the negatively charged hair and the positively charged protein that allows for significantly greater attraction, absorption and deposition of protein onto the hair shaft.

CYSTEINE - Amino acid peptide bond constructing up to 18% of your hair that provides strength, shine and structure. Cysteine increases hair shaft diameter and hair growth density. Cysteine is a powerful cell defender acting as an antioxidant and also contains sulfur, known as nature's beauty mineral. A deficiency in sulfur is characterized by atrophied sebaceous glands which lubricate the scalp from the Essential Fatty Acids. In order for Cysteine to be effective it must synergistically work with ALL other aminos. A missing amino acid is like a missing building block that collapses the entire structure.

HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN AND WHEAT OLIGOSACCHARIDES - This is a naturally derived, hydrolized wheat protein that contains wheat oligosaccharides (carbohydrates) and constitutes a unique hydrating complex offering a combination of moisture- balancing and film-forming properties that work synergistically to give hair better body control and a smoother, softer feel. The Wheat Protein gives this ingredient its film- forming properties, the main purpose of using proteins in hair care products. The Oligosaccharides, or wheat sugars, on the other hand, are quite small (low molecular weight) and very hygroscopic. They penetrate and hold moisture within the hair shaft..

STEARDIMONIUM PANTHENOL (VITAMIN B-5) - This B vitamin is cationic, or positively charged which means that it is attracted to and absorbed into the hair. Vitamin B-5 is often called the "beautifier". It enhances the strength of hair and increases the resistance to breakage. It conditions without buildup and prevents damage caused by overheating and overdrying of hair and scalp. Panthenol nourishes hair by replenishing its level in the hair and imparting long lasting moisturization. When Panthenol penetrates the hair shaft a thin elastic film is left on the inside and outside of the shaft. This adds both flexibility and elasticity from the inside and luster from the outside. Panthenol can also thicken hair by up to 10%.

HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - Plant material used for solubility of ingredients.

SILICA - This mineral, derived from Springtime Horsetail Herb (Equisetum Arvense), improves strength and elasticity to the hair.

TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E) - Vitamin E retards cellular aging. It has a protective action of Essential Fatty Acids and on Vitamin A.

BETA CAROTENE (PRO-VITAMIN A) - This vitamin is important for normal scalp and hair lubrication.

ALLANTOIN - Extract from Comfrey herb.

BIOTIN - This B vitamin protects hair against dryness.

LECITHIN - This substance is soy-based and is formed from B vitamins Choline and Inositol.

EXTRACTS OF OATSTRAW, SAW PALMETTO, ALFALFA, HORSETAIL, COMFREY, COLTSFOOT AND ALGIN - Herbal sources of natural proteins and nutrients.

EVENING PRIMROSE OIL - This natural oil adds sheen to the hair.

SELENIUM - This mineral adds elasticity to the hair and has a protective action against dryness to the scalp.

CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE - This is chelated calcium.

ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS - Vegetable derived for hair and scalp lubrication.

FRAGRANCE - Synthesized mixture of oils, some natural, some synthetic.

CITRIC ACID - Fruit acid that adjusts Ph and tightens hair cuticle that adds brightness to hair color.

METHYLPARABEN - Derived from food grade Benzoic Acid that acts as a preservative.

PHENOXYETHANOL - Antibacterial compound necessary for products particularly with protein ingredients to protect against bacteria, fungus, etc.

Meli

thanks for the info because I just started using Joico KPak and it has the hydrolzyed human hair keratin....so glad to know its high quality stuff.

I wanted to invest in Joico KPak Reconstructor after you said it had hydrolyzed human hair keratin but when I looked on the ingredients it has mineral oil...Isn't this bad?

Ingredients
deionized water, stearamido-propyl dimethylamine, glycol stearate, ceteth-2, mineral oil, peg-8 distearate, hydrolyzed human hair keratin, laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed human hair keratin, sodium chloride, myristyl myristate, citric acid, fragrance, sorbic acid, cetyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, hydrolyzed yeast, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, methylparaben, propylparaben.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Bump for CNG

:wave: I can't find the original thread you asked for--I think it has been archived. However the first post of this thread has the same info. verbatim. :up:

so1913

bump...good info on the different types of proteins. Definitely answered the question I had.