A little 'miffed' about a friends prayer

LondonDiva

OK

I know we should all be grateful when it comes to having people pray for you, but my work colleague in NY told me that she prayed for me regarding a relationship situation that I've been praying about, we aren't in a relationship which is why I was a little perplexed when she said to me that she prayed that if the long distance relationship didn't work out with X then I wouldn't be heart broken. I was was like :look: girl you pray backwards, but it had me reeling a little bit cause she knows the situation so why of all things pray for that for me in question. It's like putting a stamp of negativity on a situation that i've talked to God about on numerous occasions.

Am I being OTT about this or something. Of course I can't school the girl how to pray but come on.....

dreamgurl

I'm very careful of who I want praying for me as well as who I share my personal business with. Although some people mean well when they pray for you and feel as though they have your best interest at heart...they often times pray according to the flesh and not according to the will of God.

Prayer to me is such a serious matter, because I believe that when you pray specifically, you may just get it, but it may not be what's needed for you at that particular time or maybe not at all. When I pray according to God's perfect will, I seem to walk away feeling content at whatever the outcome may be. I don't want His permissive will, because to me, that's just not good enough, especially knowing He has something He knows is just perfect for me.

I'm sorry I got a bit off topic, but who knows, someone may have needed to know that little piece of information. :grin:

LondonDiva

dreamgurl said:
I'm very careful of who I want praying for me as well as who I share my personal business with. Although some people mean well when they pray for you and feel as though they have your best interest at heart...they often times pray according to the flesh and not according to the will of God.

Noted, trust me!