A man is to love his wife the way that Christ...

klb120475

WELL!!!!! :mad:

You have had TWO days to read and study this scripture!

What's up? :giggle: :)

Forgive me Blosssom.....for I have forgotten boutchu.:look: I had a lil stomach virus and it ain't been pretty. But I'm feeling much better now. I promise I'll be back tomorrow ready to discuss. :kiss:

Crown

Right, and actually if you READ the text, this is the very reason Abraham accumulated most of his wealth. Sarah never slept with Pharoah or Abemelech, in fact God cursed their households and revealed to them that Abraham and Sarah were together. He never allowed then to touch her. Abraham was blessed because of his wife:grin:

(ASV - Gen 12:19) Why saidst thou, She is my sister, so that I took her to be my wife? Now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way.

Blossssom

Forgive me Blosssom.....for I have forgotten boutchu.:look: I had a lil stomach virus and it ain't been pretty. But I'm feeling much better now. I promise I'll be back tomorrow ready to discuss. :kiss:

And tomorrow never CAME! LOL!

Hope you're feeling better! :)

discobiscuits

Blossss, may I chime in? Ok thanks. lol

Abraham did not give Sarah she was taken and God stopped
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Abimelech [/FONT]from messing w/ her b/c she was married. Abe and Sarah kinda sorta lied (but not really) b/c Abe thought it would be better for them so they would not get killed.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] 1 Now Abraham moved on from there into the region of the Negev and lived between Kadesh and Shur. For a while he stayed in Gerar, 2 and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, "She is my sister." Then Abimelech king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] 3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream one night and said to him, "You are as good as dead because of the woman you have taken; she is a married woman." 4 Now Abimelech had not gone near her, so he said, "Lord, will you destroy an innocent nation? 5 Did he not say to me, 'She is my sister,' and didn't she also say, 'He is my brother'? I have done this with a clear conscience and clean hands." 6 Then God said to him in the dream, "Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her. 7 Now return the man's wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not return her, you may be sure that you and all yours will die." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica] 8 Early the next morning Abimelech summoned all his officials, and when he told them all that had happened, they were very much afraid. 9 Then Abimelech called Abraham in and said, "What have you done to us? How have I wronged you that you have brought such great guilt upon me and my kingdom? You have done things to me that should not be done." 10 And Abimelech asked Abraham, "What was your reason for doing this?" 11 Abraham replied, "I said to myself, 'There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife.' 12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife. 13 And when God had me wander from my father's household, I said to her, 'This is how you can show your love to me: Everywhere we go, say of me, "He is my brother."'" [/FONT]

Blossssom, what other times did Abraham give Sarah to other men?

Blossssom

I know hunh?:look: I GOTS to do better.:look:

If it make you feel any better I did get around to reading the book, and I luved it!:grin:

Aw, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm waiting for Grisham's new book to hit the "paper".

It's getting bad reviews, though... but I don't care. I love me some Grisham :grin:

Blossssom

Abraham did not give Sarah she was taken and God stopped
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Abimelech [/FONT]from messing w/ her b/c she was married. Abe and Sarah kinda sorta lied (but not really) b/c Abe thought it would be better for them so they would not get killed.

I'll have to look at the scripture in the Bible that I read... could be a translation problem.

Will get back to you, Jen.

HeChangedMyName

Ditto to what Jen said, also, Abraham did love his wife the way Christ loves us. Afterall, he was willing to sacrafice his sacred marriage in order to protect her from being killed. He thought it was safer to pretend to be siblings. He didn't do it just off G.P. I would say that is extremely honorable, just imagine your husband knowing that if the enemy knew you were his wife, you would both die. So he would lie and then have to sit patiently and watch other men make advances toward you but still not risk your life by jumping bad and trying to fight everyone off. He had faith in God and he let God handle the men.

NGraceO

Abraham did not give Sarah she was taken and God stopped [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Abimelech [/FONT]from messing w/ her b/c she was married. Abe and Sarah kinda sorta lied (but not really) b/c Abe thought it would be better for them so they would not get killed.

I admit, when I read this, I too struggled with it. And umm, the other time Abraham "gave Sarah to other men: was in chapter 12, When they went to Egypt. What I have conflict with is that some said that God kept both Abimilech and Pharoah from sleeping with Sarah, and I see that in Abimilech's story, but not in Pharoahs. Also, lots of time in Bible, I've heard that the term "wife" can be synonomus with sleeping with a woman, and that says that in Chapter 12, but not in 20....