A New Henna Thread

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@beauti Yeah my indigo is green as well for a long period while on my hair. Sorry for the late response but I was traveling yesterday and had limited access to the internet.

Hubby's hair turned out great though! Make sure he doesn't wash it with shampoo for the next 3 days to allow the color to settle.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
When we got in last night, I mixed:

1 tablespoon Nupur 9 henna and
1 teaspoon bhringraj powder with
1 ounce hot water. Let it sit covered overnight.

This morning, I added

1 cup conditioner
1 spoonful Manuka honey
Tablespoon Ayurvedic oil
Melted mango butter

Not gonna call this a henna gloss cause it's more like an Ayurvedic deep conditioner with all that extra stuff added. Will apply it tonight, sleep in it and rinse in the morning.

GGsKin

I did an impromptu henna treatment overnight on Saturday. The next day, I conditioned with AOWC, and clay.

My hair feels strengthened and soft but is a teeny bit drier than usual (as always after I henna). So I refreshed my wng today.

I want to do another henna treatment to brighten my roots but my hair is spoiled so I'll wait for my delivery of APB to arrive first.

LavenderMint

I mixed my first ever batch of hennasooq red raj with powdered hibiscus last night and I'm letting it develop overnight. Tomorrow morning I'll finish my errands as quickly as possible to wash and henna my hair.
My plan afterwards is to use the Aussie Moist to rinse out, moisturize with KCKT, seal with oil & do 2 banded pigtails to let the color settle until next wash day.
I'm excited!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

This morning, I added

1 cup conditioner
1 spoonful Manuka honey
Tablespoon Ayurvedic oil
Melted mango butter

Not gonna call this a henna gloss cause it's more like an Ayurvedic deep conditioner with all that extra stuff added. Will apply it tonight, sleep in it and rinse in the morning.

This was niiiiiiiccccce! It rinsed well and my hair was so soft! I actually clarified after rinsing the treatment and there was still no need to condition after so I went right into styling.

I'll be doing a full strength henna midweek just to get a treatment in before the month is out.

Aggie

This morning, I added

1 cup conditioner
1 spoonful Manuka honey
Tablespoon Ayurvedic oil
Melted mango butter

Sounds delicious @lulu97. I know this will turn out just wonderful.

Aggie

This was niiiiiiiccccce! It rinsed well and my hair was so soft! I actually clarified after rinsing the treatment and there was still no need to condition after so I went right into styling.

I'll be doing a full strength henna midweek just to get a treatment in before the month is out.
Oh there ya go, :lol: I didn't read all the way down yet. I knew it would be nice by the sound of your mixture.

chebaby

I haven't done a henna in months and my hair is mushy and there really isn't a protein conditioner that works for me. my hair gets too soft too fast and I haven't been henna'ing my hair like I used too before I cut all my hair off again.
so tonight im going to an indian store in hopes of finding some good henna.

my fave henna is napur 9 herbs but if they only have jamila or some other brand ill use that too. im DESPARATE

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I like to do my henna on dry hair so I prefer the mixture liquid-y. My dry hair soaks it right up, I don't get many drips and it makes rinsing out a breeze.

So my mixture is:
1 box Jamila henna
2 tablespoons amla powder (or any powder known for darkening)
16 ounces warm water

Once the color has released, I funnel it into an old Trader Joes bottle. Makes it easy to apply straight out the bottle to my hair. And whatever is left can just be thrown in the freezer for the next treatment.

Yesterday was my first time doing a full henna treatment without following it up with indigo. I was nervous on the color outcome, but it seems to still be dark black. I'll know for sure by the weekend when I wear my hair down. My hair feels so good. I think I'll continue doing henna monthly, then henna & indigo seasonally to keep my hair dark.

Tried to add pics but the forum is acting weird and giving me error messages.

chebaby

so i went to the store and i found a good amount of stuff. i didn't buy everything but they had amla, shikaki and those other powders that come in the little yellow and green boxes. I cant remember the brand.

I got two big bags of henna that seems to be just like nupur 9 herbs except this brand has green tea and coffee added but no aloe vera like nupur.

I mixed it with water last night and left it on for about 10 hours. I LOVE the results. it mixed and smelled and looked just like nupur. and rinsed super easily. my hair is instantly stronger and my curls are back since the mushiness is gone.

I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and shampooed just a little and conditioned with curl junkie smoothing lotion and I still am at work smelling like freshly cut grass.

I hope no one can smell me. im trying not to make any sudden moves :lachen:

Aggie

My Process Today:

Prepooed with Curly Proverbz growth oil
Henna gloss with Beauty Herbal Henna, amla powder, NG Aloe and Avocado DC, ayurveda hair oil
Shampooing with Redken Color Extend Shampoo
DCind with NG Vanilla Fig Deep Conditioner
Leave-in with Bekura Honey Latte

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Craving some henna! :curtain: I just did a full treatment so I'll probably just go with an Ayurvedic deep treatment. Wash first and then leave it on overnight. I'm thinking:

Thawing out some henna, then adding some Bhringraj and indigo. Then maybe throwing in some of my Ayurvedic herbal oil, Manuka honey, melted capuacu butter and some conditioner. :drool: Looking forward to my next wash day!

sunshine737

I just finished applying a frozen leftover henna mix of henna and coconut milk. I'm not sure what kind of henna it is because it's been sitting in my freezer for quit a while. I applied it after washing with joico curl cleansing sulfate-free shampoo and then selsun blue. I'm going to sleep in it and rinse in out in the morning. Hoping for great results because this is going to be my birthday hair (my birthday is on the 7th) :)

sunshine737

Rinsed out henna on Sunday preparing for a bomb wash and go that I was gong to rock today (my birthday)... while my deep conditioner was sitting on my hair I started puking up a storm... turns out I have the flu :angry2: all my plans are canceled! :cry3:on the bright side hair feels soft...

Goombay_Summer

Hangs head in embarrassment because I'm very guilt of a tiny misdemeanor. I kept my Nupur henna mixed with coconut milk in the refrigerator for 2 weeks before finally using it this morning. I'm slightly worried if it's still potent.