A New Henna Thread

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Platinum, Feb 4, 2009.

1. icsonia22

icsonia22 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    IMG_20190402_234834-756x1008.jpg I used Karishma herbal henna powder. I picked it up from my local Indian store. I love the color stain that it left on my grays but I'm going for jet black so I'm following up with indigo. My henna mix was simple.

I microwaved some water until it was boiling hot and then I added in the whole bag. I definitely didn't need that much but better more than less. I immediately applied the henna to stretched hair. The application process was simple. I put 2 plastic shower caps on my head and a scarf so that i could leave the henna on while I was at work. About 11 hours later, I washed the henna out with water and now I'm going to bed with the indigo.

faithVA and mzteaze like this.
  2. imaginary

imaginary Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not low porosity but have you tried spritzing your hair with hot water/tea immediately before application and then also keeping the henna warm/hot in a water bath to encourage your cuticles to open? I've always noticed I had an easier time applying henna when I use heat during the process.

SunkissedLife, faithVA and mzteaze like this.
  3. faithVA

faithVA Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    No I haven't tried that. I will try keeping the henna warm. My cuticles don't open very much so the spritzing wouldn't work very well but warming up the henna might. Thanks for the suggestion.

imaginary likes this.
  4. Goombay_Summer

Goombay_Summer Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Waited until 12:30.am to apply henna to my hair and discoveed at the last possible second that I no longer had gloves. I had put off henna'ing my hair for so long (2 months) that I decided to proceed without gloves. The reddish/ orangeish colour came out beautifully on both my disrespectful grey hairs as well as my palms.

ETA: Day 5 and sadly I'm still walking around with orange colored palms like I'm part Oompa Loompa.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    MarieB and LaNecia like this.
  5. lavaflow99

lavaflow99 In search of the next vacation

Blog Posts:
    Bumping!!

Purchased some Red Raj henna from hennasooq. This will be the first time I have used Red Raj (been a Jamila Henna gal since the start). I hope it does a better job with my grays as I feel that my henna/indigo treatments haven't been as successful as in the past (some gray still remains).

Planning my henna/indigo session in a couple of weeks.

6. LaNecia

LaNecia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Did a long over due, much needed henna treatment today. Has been at least 2 years since I’ve done one (for various reasons). Just used what I have on hand: Vinita’s Henna (150 grams) and 1/2 cup Bringhraja powder. Used 2 tsp of Lime juice to 2 1/3 cup water. Didn’t allow for Color release prior to application, I have an event tonight and I’ll be busy all day tomorrow. Sat under a warm dryer for an hour, total application time was three hours. Was still able to eeek out some color deposit.

My resulting color is a reddish dark brown, hope it turns a bit darker red.

MarieB likes this.