A New Henna Thread

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Currently steaming my henna mix in. I added aloe Vera powder in but as I took a look at Nupur 9 herb henna, aloe Vera is already in there.

Mixed up henna with amla, brahmi, tulsi, neem, hibiscus , methi and warm water. Then added Henna sooqs red raj essential oil blend and a tad bit of honey.

I had enough left over to freeze to make a henna gloss next Saturday.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Sadly, I got sick around the holidays and wasn't able to henna my hair. Tonight was officially the first henna of the year using my trusted Nupur 9 herb blend with coconut milk.

This is wonderful stuff :yep: It is very conditioning. For a long time I used this mixed with amla powder before cleansing no need for "conditioner". I just mixed a little into my homemade DC today.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
going to henna this weekend, my roots are pushing through with grey strands.

I have some left over henna but I'll save that for a henna gloss.

Nupur henna with some fenugreek paste and a little coconut milk I have left over! Gonna steam it in for an hour.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
On lockdown so why not henna-indigo. :lol:

Another successful session with black hair/roots today :clapping:
Mixed Red Raj henna with warm water and let it sit overnight.
Applied the following morning, washed out and applied indigo from hennasooq.
Washed out the indigo with VO5 condish then applied Humecto deep conditioner that I am sleeping in.

I am pleased as always!

curly.123

After reading 79 pages on this thread, I finally henna'd my hair. I started using cassia but couldnt see a lot of strenght so I decided to switch to henna. I did a mix of cassia, henna, amla and indigo because I dont want to loose my curls and also I want my hair closer to its natural color (dark brown). It wasnt that difficult to apply, I let my henna for 2 hours, washed and DC overnight. My hair is still a bit dry but I know it ll get better in the next days :)

curly.123

Mixed henna, indigo, amla, oil and my DC today. My hair is not dry as my first henna ( on May 19) and I think that a strong henna gloss is a better fit to hair than a henna mask, even if my hair is not as strong and thick as when I do a henna mask. After rinsing, I applied a DC rich in ceramides to smooth the hair cuticles, I'm gonna leave it for at least 8 hours

demlew

Henna gloss today with cocoa butter today and my hair is sooooo smooooth! :bouncy:

for the first time, my hair feels very smooth after henna, very nourished. I couldnt see much strenghtening but I do feel my hair healthier, I'm sold! Cocoa butter is the real thing!
I’m intrigued. Would you mind sharing details?

lavaflow99

I am going to try the one step henna-indigo method my next go in a couple of weeks. My greys didn't cover so well my last treatment and I am seeing a lot more red strands in my hair than usual.

We shall see how it goes.

abioni

Why do you want to try one step henna-indigo method versus the two step method?

I am going to try the one step henna-indigo method my next go in a couple of weeks. My greys didn't cover so well my last treatment and I am seeing a lot more red strands in my hair than usual.

We shall see how it goes.

lavaflow99

Why do you want to try one step henna-indigo method versus the two step method?

I've been doing the two step for years. Now after my last few sessions, I have been getting resistant grey strands that are staying red. So I am hoping that the one step method would tone down that redness. I may follow it with an indigo session just to make sure those greys stay black.

I also saw some YT channels (hennasooq for one) who recommended the one step method for resistant greys.

Plus it would be easier. It would cut down my henna-indigo days by hours!! :look:

So we shall see how it goes. I will go back to two step method if the results are even worse.

icsonia22

20200817_131414_copy_756x1008.jpg
my last henna/indigo session was the shortest but the results still came out well. I cant do indigo alone because of the itching so i mixed it with henna and boiling hot water. i kept it on my hair for about 2 hours and sat under the dryer for about 20. I still got full coverage of my grays.

Attachments

• 20200824_152501_copy_756x1008.jpg
    20200824_152501_copy_756x1008.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 22
View attachment 462501
my last henna/indigo session was the shortest but the results still came out well. I cant do indigo alone because of the itching so i mixed it with henna and boiling hot water. i kept it on my hair for about 2 hours and sat under the dryer for about 20. I still got full coverage of my grays.
Your coverage looks great! Makes me want to experiment with adding heat next time.

lavaflow99

I decided to step away from my usual 2 step indigo/henna treatment and give the one step a try.

I mixed 50g of Red Raj henna with warm water and let it sit for 2 hrs. It said on the package to let sit for 3-4 hours for dye release but I forgot to mix it when I woke in the morning. :look:

Then I clarified my hair then mixed 50g of indigo with hot water and 2 tsp of salt. I let that sit for 20 minutes then mixed it into the henna.

Applied then sat under the dryer for 30 minutes then kept it in my hair for 3.5 hours for a total of 4 hours.

I'll update after I wash it out and see how I like this new technique.

ETA: pics from the one step henna/indigo

DEDBECEE-36A6-4846-BA73-39B8E1D52392.jpeg014D04D6-18DB-4EC5-BE95-58934666DB62.jpeg

Last edited:

lavaflow99

I decided to step away from my usual 2 step indigo/henna treatment and give the one step a try.

I mixed 50g of Red Raj henna with warm water and let it sit for 2 hrs. It said on the package to let sit for 3-4 hours for dye release but I forgot to mix it when I woke in the morning. :look:

Then I clarified my hair then mixed 50g of indigo with hot water and 2 tsp of salt. I let that sit for 20 minutes then mixed it into the henna.

Applied then sat under the dryer for 30 minutes then kept it in my hair for 3.5 hours for a total of 4 hours.

I'll update after I wash it out and see how I like this new technique.

So the grays are now a dark dark brown. Much better than the flaming red I get. On hennasooq website, it recommends for those with resistance grays to mix the henna/indigo like I did then follow with an indigo treatment.

It's late so I'll do the indigo tomorrow. Though I really could be OK with how it looks now.

So looks like I'll still be doing two steps but this new method will work better for me.

lavaflow99

So the grays are now a dark dark brown. Much better than the flaming red I get. On hennasooq website, it recommends for those with resistance grays to mix the henna/indigo like I did then follow with an indigo treatment.

It's late so I'll do the indigo tomorrow. Though I really could be OK with how it looks now.

So looks like I'll still be doing two steps but this new method will work better for me.

Did the indigo step today and now deep conditioning.

Hmm the grays seems slightly darker but not black black. Though the mistake I probably made was that I washed out henna/indigo yesterday with conditioner. That may (probably) affected the uptake of the indigo today. So I won’t write off this technique just yet.

I’ll update with pics once the DC is washed out.

ETA: final pics. I’ll take it. I’ll do another treatment in 10 weeks.

5D1A218C-7EAD-4320-8644-034A948E5B6E.jpegDD9AACB5-17B4-4F6E-9B62-9664EA9BBEB2.jpeg

Last edited: