A Prayer Guide for the Case of Bishop Long . . .

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Last night after reading more about the case with Bishop Long, I knew I had to pray with 'specifics' for him and for the hearts and souls of the 'young' men involved, all I could do was to ask God, how do I pray?

This morning I received this message in my email from Pastor Kimberly Daniels (Jacksonville, FL) . For me personally, it was my answer from God's heart. As a human, I cannot trust my personal feelings on this issue. With the media, Christian hit men / bashers / haters, cause groups, CNN and all it's hype --- Only by the Spirit of God, will I have the leading and guidance that I must follow. God gave me the answers I needed for prayer for it goes deeper than one man, one preacher, one Church. It's truly spiritual warfare, a battle that the Church will win, and according to Revelation, we HAVE won!

This message has not been posted on Pastor Kim's website yet. However, I hope it blesses you and here is her web address for your future reference.

www.kimberlydaniels.com

Here's the message and prayer guide:

COMMANDER'S ALERT

How do we pray for Bishop Eddie Long (As Commanders of the Morning)?

I am sure that most of you may have heard of the allegations about Eddie Long molesting young boys. I have prayed about 'how to pray' for this situation since the news broke. First, I think that it is important to note that rumors of this sort (about Bishop Long) have been floating around for some time. I also think it is important to not focus on making him innocent or guilty. I believe that if we have not been given insight or access to the details of the matter, we have to be careful not to get into the bondage of accusation or gossip.

God has people in place to deal with the details of this matter in prayer. He has prophetic intercessors, key gatekeepers in the body of Christ, dreamers and true prophets that have no ulterior motives and will minister in a way to promote justice, reconciliation, and correction. This is what we must pray for:
· Justice
· Correction
· Reconciliation

(1) Justice is needed for any false accusations against Bishop Long or unthinkable damage done to these boys.

(2) Correction must take place to straighten out any crookedness in the matter. Whether these young men have created this situation for financial gain, retaliation or any other reason or whether Bishop Long has committed these perverse acts...pray that the Holy Spirit will deal with and bring correction where things are spiritually, financially, morally or ethically crooked.

(3) Whether we are dealing with an issue of innocence or guilt on Bishop Long's behalf, God's ultimate end is reconciliation. Pray that everyone involved will be reconciled to God. Pray that if Bishop Long is guilty that he will be delivered, dealt with for his wrong and reconciled. I have been told that Bishop Long has given the testimony that he was sexually molested. Pray that any generational curse of perversion that may be flowing through his loins be broken off of him and everyone he comes in contact with. Homosexual perversion can also come through association and incantation. Pray that all parties involved will submit to holiness which will separate them unto God and away from other church perverts who reproduce the filth of this demon in the lives of innocent people.

Especially pray for the leaders in the church that are breeding the demon of homosexuality and taking advantage of souls trying to serve Jesus. Pray to break the witchcraft, control and manipulation off of our leaders, congregations and outreaches. Especially pray for the young people in the church. The devil wants to make the next generation believe that everybody is doing 'a little something-something!' Decree and declare that there are more for us than against us. Declare that God has a righteous remnant and one of us can put a thousand to flight...two, ten thousand!

Pray that false brethren and those from the homosexual agenda and other antichrist organizations that have crept into our churches unaware will be exposed and run off.

Cry out to the Lord to reveal the 'demonic tares' and down-low brothers (undercover homosexuals that are not trying to get delivered -who are mostly married men that have wives as 'cover-girls' so that they will not be suspected) in our midst.

Pray for the brothers and sister in the church that want to be delivered from homosexuality but are afraid, ashamed or simply feel like they have no hope.

Antichrist spirits want to make it seem as if there is no deliverance for those who are bound by sexual perversion. They want to promote the thought, "If preachers are gay, how can we be free?"

What about the timing? Is it by chance that this scandal was released after the victory we just received with the, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" issue?

The advocates of same-sex marriage would love to use what is happening with Bishop Long to prove their point; that all ministers who stand against same-sex marriage are homophobic because they are undercover homosexuals. This is far from truth. There are more for us than there are against us...the accuser of the brethren has been cast down!

The harvest is ripe but the laborers are few when it comes to those who want help from the demon of homosexuality.

When you pray, remember that homosexuality is a demon.

Hate the demon but have compassion for the people involved.

Many cannot understand how things like this do happen in the church. Do not lean to your understanding but know that a satanic assignment has been directed against men and women of God to bring reproach on the church through this spirit. How can we show compassion? Compassion is perfected by putting yourself in the place of the person who needs it.

We must have compassion for the young men that came forward and any other young men that may be involved (if they have been spiritually and sexually violated) that they will not become breeders and repeat this sin against other young men. Pray for their healing and that God will minister to their families.

I believe that many other young men will come forth. (Even concerning other pastors from other ministries). Bind any demonic dominoes from this situation. Bind every lying spirit that would attempt to jump on the band-wagon of this matter for an evil opportunity against innocent preachers.

Have compassion for Bishop Long's wife and what she must be going through now.

Have compassion for the members of the church in Atlanta that are being affected by this terrible situation.

Last but not least, HAVE COMPASSION FOR BISHOP LONG! Ask the Lord to give you a burden for what he is going through (whether he is innocent or guilty) because even if he is in the midst of God's judgment, THERE IS MERCY!

In closing, pray for the church in America. Whether Bishop Eddie Long is guilty or not, it is not my place to be his judge. I do have an opinion on the matter but my opinion does not count, I must take a righteous position. I take the position of the kingdom that has zero tolerance for the abomination of homosexuality, especially in the church and even the more against our young people.

Pray that the kingdom will come and the will of God will be done in this case.

I will state that I know that the spirit of homosexuality is epidemic in the pulpits of America (especially in black churches). Judgment is coming down on the gospel music industry in America! Pray that all the "sweet boys" and "hard girls" that are prostituting the church through their gifts will be turned over to God before they are turned over to the tormentors. Pray that they will fall on the Rock before the Rock falls on them.

Come against the homosexual agenda that is set in place to come against the saints.

Our enemies of the homosexual agenda are having a joyous time because of Bishop Long's situation. Make sure that even though we will not support his supposed sin, we do not work with and get on the side of the enemy.

(continued...)

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
(continued....)

As intercession fell upon our church this past Sunday, we began to cry out to God concerning homosexuality in the church. I even had a young man delivered from homosexuality to pray over the microphone.

This past Monday night my husband was in a meeting of leaders in Washington D.C. (from around the nation) and they were asking God to let judgment against homosexuality start in the house of God! Selah...

God have mercy on our souls!

Apostle Kim Daniels

Supporting Scriptures:

Matthew 5:25-30

25) Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are on the way traveling with him, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison.

26) Truly I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last fraction of a penny.

27) You have heard that it was said, You shall not commit adultery.

28) But I say to you that everyone who so much as looks at a woman with evil desire for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

29) If your right eye serves as a trap to ensnare you or is an occasion for you to stumble and sin, pluck it out and throw it away. It is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be cast into hell (Gehenna).

30) And if your right hand serves as a trap to ensnare you or is an occasion for you to stumble and sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better that you lose one of your members than that your entire body should be cast into hell (Gehenna).

Luke 6:36-37

36) So be merciful (sympathetic, tender, responsive, and compassionate) even as your Father is [all these].

37) Judge not [neither pronouncing judgment nor subjecting to censure], and you will not be judged; do not condemn and pronounce guilty, and you will not be condemned and pronounced guilty; acquit and forgive and release (give up resentment, let it drop), and you will be acquitted and forgiven and [ac]released.

I Peter 4:13-19

13) But insofar as you are sharing Christ's sufferings, rejoice, so that when His glory [full of radiance and splendor] is revealed, you may also rejoice with triumph [exultantly].

14) If you are censured and suffer abuse [because you bear] the name of Christ, blessed [are you--happy, fortunate, [h]to be envied, with life-joy, and satisfaction in God's favor and salvation, regardless of your outward condition], because the Spirit of glory, the Spirit of God, is resting upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.

15) But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or any sort of criminal, or as a mischief-maker (a meddler) in the affairs of others [infringing on their rights].

16) But if [one is ill-treated and suffers] as a Christian [which he is contemptuously called], let him not be ashamed, but give glory to God that he is [deemed worthy to suffer] in this name.

17) For the time [has arrived] for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will [be] the end of those who do not respect or believe or obey the good news (the Gospel) of God?

18) And if the righteous are barely saved, what will become of the godless and wicked?

19) Therefore, those who are ill-treated and suffer in accordance with God's will must do right and commit their souls [in charge as a deposit] to the One Who created [them] and will never fail [them].

----------------------------------------------------

ETA:

I have to add that this is NOT an attack against those who are living a gay lifestyle! It is totally and completely against a spirit of the Anti-Christ and this one spirit which has made it's way into the Church has to be named, 'called out' and cast out, for those who have been held captive and in bondage to it.

Hear what the Lord is saying. Identify the spirit and cast it out !

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I stand in agreement..Amen.

Blessings Laela :Rose:

Here's something more that is enlightening. We can talk about 'Long' all day, but the real issue is the enemy's agenda. Bishop Long is just a tool that satan is using.

Food for thought:

Autumn Equinox

At midnight last night we officially moved into the fall season. This is not just a move in the natural but a spiritual one. It is the Fall Equinox. Bind the demonic harvest of the devil and the sacrifices made to satan and against the righteous.

satan has truly set out an agenda against the Church. :nono:

sunnysmyler

Wonderful post Shimmie....and I stand in agreement with this prayer agenda!!!

There is definately a "shifting in the atmosphere" and a shaking taking place. Shake us LORD, shake out everything that does not bring you glory, everything that goes against your commandment of living a life of HOLINESS!!!!
Holiness or Hell!!!! No one is exempt, God is looking for the remnant of the true Sons (and daughters) of God!

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Wonderful post Shimmie....and I stand in agreement with this prayer agenda!!!
There is definately a "shifting in the atmosphere" and a shaking taking place. Shake us LORD, shake out everything that does not bring you glory, everything that goes against your commandment of living a life of HOLINESS!!!!

Holiness or Hell!!!! No one is exempt, God is looking for the remnant of the true Sons (and daughters) of God!

Sunny, you could not have spoken more truthfully, for there is definitely a 'shift' in the atmosphere. And we have to be 'watchful' of the distractions.

Have you noticed how each time we hear of a Minister who falls....

'We' get distracted with all of the details coming at us (media, family, co-workers, friends, 'the 'did you hear'? chorus', and the questions, and the outpouring of pleas for prayers, and so on and so on. And while this is not to be ignored, satan on the other hand is creeping in with 'more' as we are distracted on what he dropped in our midst.

This spirit of homosexuality didn't come 'from' the Church, but it has crept it's way in. satan knew what he was doing since he was kicked from Heaven.

Luke 10:18 ... 18 And he said unto them, "I beheld satan as lightning fall from Heaven."

satan's entire agenda is to set out to destroy the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ...to bring a reproach among our Church leaders and our brethern (and sistern :yep: ) to bring doubt, fear, and death and destruction.

but he will not prevail...

We have been given the power to subdue this earth 'displace' the devil, out of our lives, our homes, our families, our Churches. satan is not the boss... the Church is.

Jesus made it plain...[/SIZE]

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

satan is on God's hit-list .... that's why he's swinging so hard at us... God's beloved sons and daughters..... and trust, he is not getting over, for his time is up and he has been called out and he is surely being displaced.

Last edited:

sunnysmyler

'We' get distracted with all of the details coming at us (media, family, co-workers, friends, 'the 'did you hear'? chorus', and the questions, and the outpouring of pleas for prayers, and so on and so on. And while this is not to be ignored, satan on the other hand is creeping in with 'more' as we are distracted on what he dropped in our midst.

OMgosh Shimmie, so true, I even had to pull myself away from the ET thread regarding the matter, especially since they're making fun of him and posting links to YT and so much other distractions. And I'll be the first to admit, I was like "oh wow" what info is available now, all the while feeling so uneasy in my spirit about it.

I've even been admonishing my 16yr old son regarding his walk, and saying much of what was said in the prayer guide, and that's this situation effects "all of Christiandom" and while God is cleaning us up, He's also exposing and that like you said, allows satan to think he won something (chile please)!

Saints of GOD, we must realize the time, and the season we're in. That we are to stay on our knees regarding His Kingdom Come! The Kingdom of God is at hand!

nathansgirl1908

I definitely believe that we should pray for everyone involved. The enemy is busy. This demonic homosexual spirit is running rampant and it is frightening.

As I said in the ET, I think this is an excellent opportunity for people to really look at WHO they are allowing to guide them in their walk. People are making the pastor their focus instead of God. Then the the pastor falls off of the pedestal and is revealed for being less than kosher, these people are lost.

Shimmie

Staff member
OMgosh Shimmie, so true, I even had to pull myself away from the ET thread regarding the matter, especially since they're making fun of him and posting links to YT and so much other distractions. And I'll be the first to admit, I was like "oh wow" what info is available now, all the while feeling so uneasy in my spirit about it.

I've even been admonishing my 16yr old son regarding his walk, and saying much of what was said in the prayer guide, and that's this situation effects "all of Christiandom" and while God is cleaning us up, He's also exposing and that like you said, allows satan to think he won something (chile please)!

Saints of GOD, we must realize the time, and the season we're in. That we are to stay on our knees regarding His Kingdom Come! The Kingdom of God is at hand!
Sunny it's only natural for any of us to be drawn into the midst of this and other situations which affect us and our faith. The problem with being too drewn is that there are 'divers' contentions about the subject. Everyone has their own individual views, concerns, and comments.

Because of the 'mix' multitude of expressions, things are said which offend the "Body of Christ' and the enemy's offense becomes our defense. We spend and waste words and thoughts and missed prayer time, missing the voice of God, the prompting of the Holy Spirit, defending our faith and those whom we love within.

ET is not God's voice, CNN is not God's voice, The rage, the railings, the taunts and the insults, are truly not God's voice. We are His sheep and the voices of strangers (to the Gospel) we shall not 'follow', give ear, take heed, nor take offense to.

Sunny, Precious Blessings to you Sweet Sister. I've received wonderful words of wisdom from your posts and I am taking heed... indeed. :bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
I definitely believe that we should pray for everyone involved. The enemy is busy. This demonic homosexual spirit is running rampant and it is frightening.

As I said in the ET, I think this is an excellent opportunity for people to really look at WHO they are allowing to guide them in their walk. People are making the pastor their focus instead of God. Then the the pastor falls off of the pedestal and is revealed for being less than kosher, these people are lost.

At the bolded.... :yep: :yep: :yep: Atlanta is fully populated with this spirit as well as Washington, DC...

But it can be broken and it will be. The spirit is nothing to fear, thank God. True homophobia are those who surrcomb to the pressure of today's society to 'accept' it. True homophobia are those who 'back peddle' and say, gay is okay, when not a syllable, nor puncuation in God's word has changed about it.

I don't care what the pressure is .. God's not changing so why should I? I fear no man, as a Believer in the Lord Jesus 'Christ' I've paid my dues and more to be able to stand upon who He is and who God always will be, for God is sovereign and unmoveable and faithful to His word, be it Blessing or Cursing.

This spirit is coming out of the Church and there isn't a thing that the devil can do about it. Not a thing.

God bless you, too, Nathansgirl... :Rose:

nathansgirl1908

At the bolded.... :yep: :yep: :yep: Atlanta is fully populated with this spirit as well as Washington, DC...

But it can be broken and it will be. The spirit is nothing to fear, thank God. True homophobia are those who surrcomb to the pressure of today's society to 'accept' it. True homophobia are those who 'back peddle' and say, gay is okay, when not a syllable, nor puncuation in God's word has changed about it.

I don't care what the pressure is .. God's not changing so why should I? I fear no man, as a Believer in the Lord Jesus 'Christ' I've paid my dues and more to be able to stand upon who He is and who God always will be, for God is sovereign and unmoveable and faithful to His word, be it Blessing or Cursing.

This spirit is coming out of the Church and there isn't a thing that the devil can do about it. Not a thing.

God bless you, too, Nathansgirl... :Rose:
God bless you.

I love your take on homophobia. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
t's a powerful Ministry, she has and I am truly blessed by it.

From one 'Dancer' to another.... I wish you blessings upon your heart and upon your feet, flowing in beauty with the music of peace and God's unfailing love. :reddancer:

Shimmie

Staff member
God bless you.

I love your take on homophobia. :)

Hi Sweet Lady.... It's only the Truth. :yep: God's Word confirms this.

One example is Peter when he denied Jesus 'thrice' (3 times) 'before' the crucifixion. He back peddled, he pretended to be among them who did not 'follow' Jesus. Peter even 'cursed' (he was speaking their language) in his denial of Jesus, for the 'fear' of man had griped his heart. He denied Christ Jesus so as to be thought of as among the 'people' who also denied Jesus as Lord. (Mark 14:30 & 70)

The 'fear' of taking a stand and keeping a stand, is '...phobia'... fear of man. Fear of showing faith upon where / with whom you stand.

God says, to 'fear' Him..... 'not man' and that will be our true deliverance in every battle.

Last edited:

yodie

One thing that I appreciate about this thread, is that you ladies are prayerful. Makes a difference in how you choose or are led to see situations.

In testing, trials and judgment, God is merciful.

This issue has made me search my heart and my ways, to see how pleasing they are before God. I'm examining my walk. Am I still striving to walk upright before God and where have I fallen? I've repented for sins known and unknown. God, help me to get it right and not ignore your warnings. I believe that God always warns us and gives us a chance to get things right before judgment takes place.
I'm not pointing a finger at these young men or EL. That's clearly not my job. Praying for everyone involved and that God's will be manifested in this situation.

I'm in agreement with Kim's prayer. Amen.

gn1g

I received that e/m also from Kimberly Daniels and I think she was adding a bit of fuel to the fire. "it has been rumored for a while" but the prayer will work but it is a dangerous prayer for those that are not prayed up. It is Spiritual warfare, so bind retaliating spirits first.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:yep: Amen!!

I received that e/m also from Kimberly Daniels and I think she was adding a bit of fuel to the fire. "it has been rumored for a while" but the prayer will work but it is a dangerous prayer for those that are not prayed up. It is Spiritual warfare, so bind retaliating spirits first.

Shimmie

Staff member
I received that e/m also from Kimberly Daniels and I think she was adding a bit of fuel to the fire. "it has been rumored for a while" but the prayer will work but it is a dangerous prayer for those that are not prayed up.
It is Spiritual warfare, so bind retaliating spirits first.

Indeed.... Excellent words of wisdom for prayer, GN :yep:

I also pray a special prayer guard around those who are praying; from distractions, offenses, and the spirit of doubt which lends to calling the prayers useless, and giving up. The Church is in a battle, but we have the proper weapons which are not carnal, but mighty through God in Jesus' Name.

As we pray, we will always be lead of the Holy Spirit, not man nor media, nor respite, but of a peaceful heart yielded to the Holy One, Jesus; for in God do we trust and not we ourselves.

gn1g

I am hurting about this situation.

I loved watching his broadcast every Sunday evening. Bishop was definitely anointed to bring forth the word of GOD. So if I am hurting over here in Texas I suppose the entire ATL community is experiencing all sorts of emotions. This morning my prayers go out for all followers as well as spectators of Bishop Long.

Strike the shepard and the sheep will be scattered. I have seen this happen a time a two and the people of God may or may not ever recover.

GOD HAVE MERCY. I know that we must trust in you even when we cannot trace you. I heard you say "My timing is precise" so Lord I trust in your timing. I believe your word God and You said that you will take those things that the enemy means for our bad and turn them around for the good of those that you. Lord I thank you for what you are doing and what you have already done. Lord I humble ask that you would comfort, guide and instruct your children in this situation. Amen.

Laela

Daniel 2:21
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

:yep:

Blessing to you... !
Blessings Laela :Rose:

Here's something more that is enlightening. We can talk about 'Long' all day, but the real issue is the enemy's agenda. Bishop Long is just a tool that satan is using.

Food for thought:

Autumn Equinox

At midnight last night we officially moved into the fall season. This is not just a move in the natural but a spiritual one. It is the Fall Equinox. Bind the demonic harvest of the devil and the sacrifices made to satan and against the righteous.

satan has truly set out an agenda against the Church. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
Daniel 2:21
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

:yep:

Blessing to you... !

Laela, earlier this evening, as I was washing dishes after dinner, I 'sensed' these words in my spirit...

"Changing of the guard".

I won't share anything more... not now. It's late, I'm tired, of the media, I'm so sad for those four young men, for Bishop Long and his wife, family and Church. I'm going to bed and I need to be in prayer before I'm able to share more of what's in my heart.

Love and blessings to you and 'Hubbie'. The two of you are such a blessing and truly God's special joy. You make Him smile. :yep:

Sweet sleep and God's sweet peace to everyone... :sleep2:

Shimmie

Staff member
I am hurting about this situation.

I loved watching his broadcast every Sunday evening. Bishop was definitely anointed to bring forth the word of GOD. So if I am hurting over here in Texas I suppose the entire ATL community is experiencing all sorts of emotions. This morning my prayers go out for all followers as well as spectators of Bishop Long.

Strike the shepard and the sheep will be scattered. I have seen this happen a time a two and the people of God may or may not ever recover.

GOD HAVE MERCY. I know that we must trust in you even when we cannot trace you. I heard you say "My timing is precise" so Lord I trust in your timing. I believe your word God and You said that you will take those things that the enemy means for our bad and turn them around for the good of those that you. Lord I thank you for what you are doing and what you have already done. Lord I humble ask that you would comfort, guide and instruct your children in this situation. Amen.

:grouphug2:

Precious GN ... I'm praying with you. Love and peace to your precious heart... :Rose:

nathansgirl1908

I just had to come in this thread and share how my heart was so heavy when people mentioned praying for Eddie Long and they were met with such rude comments. I would think that anyone who has SOME kind of relationship with God would understand that EVERYONE deserves prayer. Even when we fall short of the mark, it doesn't mean that people shouldn't pray for us.

Shimmie

Staff member
I just had to come in this thread and share how my heart was so heavy when people mentioned praying for Eddie Long and they were met with such rude comments.

I would think that anyone who has SOME kind of relationship with God would understand that EVERYONE deserves prayer. Even when we fall short of the mark, it doesn't mean that people shouldn't pray for us

I hear you dear one... I hear you. :grouphug2:

It is sad when someone has the 'mind' not to pray for someone who is accused. I've been there myself. For example, I never found it in my heart to pray for Bin Laden and I'm sure many never prayed for Hitler and all of his reign of terror. Yet God still calls us to pray for our enemies and for those who may not seem deserving. Yet Jesus found all of us deserving to shed His precious blood for, and He did without regret nor complaint.

To those [reading] who feel Bishop Long is not deserving of prayer, then ask yourself, were you deserving of the Blood of Jesus, so lovingly and freely shed for you? Whether folks believe in God or not, 'you' [general appl] are still walking, living, breathing upon God's earth upon which He created and deseigned for [you] to awake each day 'above six feet', with every opportunity to succeed and to be blessed with His blessings which [you] give Him no credit for.

Those [of us] who pray will be at peace with God [and within ourselves] and will come to rest with the grief of issues such as this. Those who do not pray will only have strife and contention as their peace and never know the fullness of God's love for them. For in prayer, we are open to God's abundance of love, peace, joy and His understanding and the Truth which underlies all that has occurred.

I'm praying for all of these precious souls, for I do not know who is right or wrong and if I never know, at least I have done what our Father in Heaven expects of me, as one of His daughters who represents Him.

Therefore no one can say another is undeserving of prayer, and be telling the Truth .. God's Truth, not even I...

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..." (Romans 3:23 KJV)

Love and Blessings.... :Rose:

nathansgirl1908

I hear you dear one... I hear you. :grouphug2:

It is sad when someone has the 'mind' not to pray for someone who is accused. I've been there myself. For example, I never found it in my heart to pray for Bin Laden and I'm sure many never prayed for Hitler and all of his reign of terror. Yet God still calls us to pray for our enemies and for those who may not seem deserving. Yet Jesus found all of us deserving to shed His precious blood for, and He did without regret nor complaint.

To those [reading] who feel Bishop Long is not deserving of prayer, then ask yourself, were you deserving of the Blood of Jesus, so lovingly and freely shed for you? Whether folks believe in God or not, 'you' [general appl] are still walking, living, breathing upon God's earth upon which He created and deseigned for [you] to awake each day 'above six feet', with every opportunity to succeed and to be blessed with His blessings which [you] give Him no credit for.

Those [of us] who pray will be at peace with God [and within ourselves] and will come to rest with the grief of issues such as this. Those who do not pray will only have strife and contention as their peace and never know the fullness of God's love for them. For in prayer, we are open to God's abundance of love, peace, joy and His understanding and the Truth which underlies all that has occurred.

I'm praying for all of these precious souls, for I do not know who is right or wrong and if I never know, at least I have done what our Father in Heaven expects of me, as one of His daughters who represents Him.

Therefore no one can say another is undeserving of prayer, and be telling the Truth .. God's Truth, not even I...

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God..." (Romans 3:23 KJV)

Love and Blessings.... :Rose:

AMEN.
God bless you.

Guitarhero

I, too, feel sorry for all parties involved in that mess but I can also feel for those who don't wish to pray for him. I think that the body has been so hurt by all these sex, monetary, adultery, xyz-etc. scandals, they are tired and crying inside. I think the body of Christ feels very much alone and confused through all this, jilted. Maybe we should pray for those who can no longer see that it's all by mercy. Although we are to be good stewards of our lives and those in our family and communities and confront the wrongs (not let them slide by), we must also be painfully aware that there is no good person on this earth...not really. It's all through mercy.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I, too, feel sorry for all parties involved in that mess but
I can also feel for those who don't wish to pray for him. I think that the body has been so hurt by all these sex, monetary, adultery, xyz-etc. scandals, they are tired and crying inside. I think the body of Christ feels very much alone and confused through all this, jilted

Maybe we should pray for those who can no longer see that it's all by mercy. Although we are to be good stewards of our lives and those in our family and communities and confront the wrongs (not let them slide by), we must also be painfully aware that there is no good person on this earth...not really. It's all through mercy

You are right about this. It's very hard for one to pray when they are hurting, confused, emotionally charged. I'm one who can attest to such.

Yet there are those who 'refuse' to pray out of sheer arrogance and would much prefer to be bearers of strife and contention, no matter who's right or wrong in the issue.

There are many, many who use situations like this to pew insult upon injury or to simply add more arsenal to their predisposed and biased negative attitude against the Body of Christ. These are the ones without excuse. 'From the abundance of their hearts, their mouths speak... :yep: For them we have to pray as well, for they do not have peace.

People who have peace are those who pray, those who have relationship with God, those who seek Him instead of strife. God is so awesome and wise to advise us of this. The perfect example is of course, Jesus. For upon the Cross He was able to bear it's humiliation and pain, because He chose to pray for those who oppsed Him, and all in love. His prayers were His peace. From the 'Garden to the Cross'...and even before, He had peace because of His prayers.

Love and Blessings to you, Precious Volver _ Alma Girana :Rose: You've shared some very wise insight and it's opened my eyss to understand the need to pray even more. Thank you.

Last edited:

Laela

I'm more of the persuasion to do what Jesus. I've brought up in prayer people who made it very clear they don't like me or who try to treat me poorly, ESP family on both sides.. :laugh: I'm talking in earnest prayer, their names come up during prayer. I'm not saying this to "boast" but more to show that I don't believe there's anyone who is not deserving of prayer. We are charged as followers of Christ to always do what is right, despite how we 'feel' because we never know God's ways or whether he is using someone to gather others to pray.

Reminds me of these TWO BROTHERS that I received a good Word on yesterday:

The younger son left his father and did his thing in the world, only to realize and finally come to his senses that he had all he needed in his father's house. He repented and came back. His father accepted him back, cleaned him up, and had a celebration of his return. All what that son did away from home, his father forgot, and didn't bring it to remembrance.

Meanwhile the older son, who was always doing what's right got angry, stayed away from the celebration and refused to be happy for his brother's return. Instead, he "reminded" his father of how good a son he is! Still, the father pleaded to him to come to join the celebration, for he loved both his sons equally.

One son (the prodigal) was unrighteous; the other was self-righteous.

They worked for their father and were good sons to him, but neither was a good brother to the other. That's a sad story, but it reflects a lot of what goes on in The Church today. Honestly, there are times I asked why even bother, but I had prayed anyway. It all depends on what "Not my will, but thy will" means to anyone.

Jesus Himself is our example, because he prayed for the very people who hated him and who killed him. Can't get more offensive than for someone to wish you dead. Mercy.

Praying for others in any circumstance is a very rewarding thing to do, much like forgiveness..because I have come to realize that the person who needs it most is ME! It's making me a stronger Christian, developing my trust in God and refining me to be more Christ-like - by putting others before me.

Amen

Last edited: