a question for those who use mild relaxers

cheri_flava74

I am new to this site and i have a question for those of you who use mild relaxers. Do you have a little wave to your hair after it is relaxed (not bone straight) and how long do you wait to relaxed again if your hair isn't bone straight? I relaxed my hair with hawaiin silky mild because i was told that i should use mild relaxers because regular relaxers were causing my hair to break and shed alot. any way my hair didn't shed or break with this relaxer but it didn't get bone straight I have a little wave. i don't feel like it is underprocess because it goes completely straight when i wrap it. I was just wondering if this is normal.

jainygirl

my hair gets very straight. I have 4a/b hair and from starting application to rinsing it's in my hair 15-17 minutes max. After my first shampoo a week after relaxing my hair is usually how i like it. not just laying there. But this last time i underprocessed this little 3 inch long 1/2 inch wide strip in the middle of my head (didnt smooth that area i guess) but it doesnt look weird. it looks like a texturizer would i guess. HTH -- jainygirl

blue_flower

I use Motions mild to texturize my hair. It doesn't make my hair straight at all. But I have combination hair, so it was important to do a strand test to see how each section would process differently. I process for at least 10 minutes.

ElecEngnr

I use Motions mild and I do get a slight wave after relaxing, but after I roller set it it's straight. I don't want my hair bone straight and I'm slowly transitioning to texturized hair by doing this. I usually wait about 10 weeks before I do a touch-up.

Nanyanika

I have tight 4a curls and after texturized with Affirm fiberguard lye mild for 5 minutes my hair was frizzy, few curls and waves. I waited 7 weeks for a corrective relaxer, left on for 20-25 minutes my hair is loosened into curls. I still had some undeprocessed areas at the back of my head. After blowdrying, rollersetting etc. i can get the hair completely straight. Normally i wait 4-6 months for a touch-up.