A rave for AMLA OIL + ORS MAYO as pre-poo

cocoa32

On my last shampoo I used Amla Oil (thanks DLewis) and ORS Mayo (thanks KiniKakes) on my DRY hair as a prepoo. I sectioned my hair and applied the oil and then the mayo. I let it sit for about 2 hours with a shower cap. The Amla oil stank ( I applied a lot), but after DLewis's raves I hung in there. Let me tell you....my hair was sooooooooo soft as I rinsed it out. I couldn't believe my hair felt like that. I then shampooed with NTM (it took a few lathers to get out all the oil) and DC with AO Honeysuckle rose (I love this stuff!). My hair was so soft, tangle free, and ultra shiny. Even my DH commented.

Well, my breakage reduced signigicantly! I love conditioner on dry hair as a pre-poo! It made a huge difference. I will be doing this from now on.

Candy_C

AMLA OIL IS MY BAY BAY and always will be.

i have ors amyo at home

i'l ltry it some times

thanks for the eave

xx

dlewis

note to self: pick up ORS MAYO

I so glad the amla oil worked for you, I love this oil. I wish I could mail a bottle to every member.

Candy_C

dlewis said:
note to self: pick up ORS MAYO

I so glad the amla oil worked for you, I love this oil. I wish I could mail a bottle to every member.

i wish my friends would listen to me about this oil!!!

*sigh*

mscocoface

You cannot go wrong with this stuff, if you can get passed the smell which isn't smelly more than it is pungent it is worth it.

I keep bottles of it in my cabinet now because I put this oil in everything, my prepoo, cowash, baggie method homeade receipe and my daily sprtiz homemade recipe.

I will even take a q-tip dip it in the oil and put it around my edges and the back of my head in the first inch or so of my hair.

Amla is really a great product.

cocoa32

DLewis, do you use the lite oil to seal your hair, or as a hot oil treatment as well? Is it called lite because the scent is lighter or the weight of the oil?

RZILYNT

I love Amla Oil too. I let a friend borrow my bottle and she never did return it. I have to go out and get a new bottle. I guess she hoped that I forgot, I think she likes it just as much as I do. It is a keeper. I used to hate oils, never ever used them or grease, but I love the heaviness that it gives my hair...it feels...so touchable. I use sparingly so I do not mind the scent at all.

RZ

cocoa32

RZILYNT said:
I love Amla Oil too. I let a friend borrow my bottle and she never did return it. I have to go out and get a new bottle. I guess she hoped that I forgot, I think she likes it just as much as I do. It is a keeper. I used to hate oils, never ever used them or grease, but I love the heaviness that it gives my hair...it feels...so touchable. I use sparingly so I do not mind the scent at all.

RZ

I think I applied too much oil, that's why the smell got to me. Next time I'll try using less.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I know how you feel. I have been using the ama oil for a month now and that soft feeling is amazing. I have shine mind you I have permanent color in my hair the worst kind.. Dark and lovely. I went to my local Patel Brother's Store in Queens on Liberty and 124th Street and stocked up on amla oil. Mind you I live in Brooklyn. Im loving it.... BTW Help LR is killing me can someon give advice on the itching.

RZILYNT

metalkitty said:
Has anyone airdried with Amla oil as a sealant? How are the results? DOes the smell disappear?

I am sure it would do the job of sealing. If you are using Dabur Amla it has mineral oil in it. I air dry but I have never tried to seal with Amla. I know that most indian women do not leave it in their hair very long, they use it as a pre poo, but who says we can't come up with a better way to use a product. ...right...experiment. Let us know how it works..I may follow suit!~
RZ

Miss*Tress

Yes, Amla and ORS Hair Mayo work great together! Don't tell anyone, but I think my success with henna is due in large part to the amla I add to the mix. :sekret:

firecracker

Great news. I am going to finally break down and try this stuff ,as well as, 100% coconut oil. I will try the Amla as a pre poo. I hope I get the great results you have. :)

xDestinedx

missnicolej said:
Hello I am new where can I get this Amla oil?

You can get it at a Indian store/grocery near you...

or if you dont have any around you cant look around on Amazon for it...thats where I got mine....but I think it is a lot cheaper to get it at the store...im gonna be on the look at for an indian store.

Last edited: