A scripture

LifeafterLHCF

Ok my Godly ladies I need your help.I'm a recovering depressed person who is finally enjoying life.Now that Im really focused on living Im like hungry for God..I spent 15 minutes before getting my already made bath reading the bible and trying to find a particular scripture.A old mentor of mine gave me this scripture about how God direction came from east to west and north.She said something to the affect the nothing comes from the south bc that where satan is.I'm lost.I don't want to have to read the whole bible tonight trying to find this one scripture..I have never been a bible thumper like some of you ladies are I just studying the word and put it in my own words.

TIA

Prudent1

Hi Coco diva4,
I can't say I have heard of this scripture before. Can you post a little more of the wording it is said to contain?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ok my Godly ladies I need your help.I'm a recovering depressed person who is finally enjoying life.Now that Im really focused on living Im like hungry for God..I spent 15 minutes before getting my already made bath reading the bible and trying to find a particular scripture.

A old mentor of mine gave me this scripture about how God direction came from east to west and north. She said something to the affect the nothing comes from the south bc that where satan is. I'm lost.

I don't want to have to read the whole bible tonight trying to find this one scripture..I have never been a bible thumper like some of you ladies are I just studying the word and put it in my own words.

TIA

:lachen:at 'Bible Thumper'... I guess I'm one of them. :lachen:

There are 100's of scriptures which speak of the four corners of the earth (North, East, South, West) as a matter of fact, the use of them is necessary for history; and of each scripture that I'm familiar with, nothing that I recall refers to the south as being satan's domain. :nono:

From reading your post, it seems that she may be referring to Psalm 75 and perhaps it was her interpretation of it is what she shared with you.

Here it is.

1 Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.

2 When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.

3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

4 I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:

5 Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.

6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.

7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

8 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.

9 But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.

10 All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.

---------

I can remember as a child, that because the South was such a warm climate, it was often referred to as hell. There were folks who truly believed that.

This may be where your friend is blending her interpretations, as there are some scriptures, especially in Daniel, Ezekiel, Matthew, which may seem to confirm her interpretation.

When you have a chance, speak with her and ask her to give you 'clarity' on what she means and the scriptures she's basing the Southern theory upon. I'm quite sure that it will clear things up. :yep:

I love you, Sweet Coco... only a little sister of mine can call me a 'Bible Thumper'. I love it. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

:blowkiss:

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

:lachen:at 'Bible Thumper'... I guess I'm one of them. :lachen:

There are 100's of scriptures which speak of the four corners of the earth (North, East, South, West) as a matter of fact, the use of them is necessary for history; and of each scripture that I'm familiar with, nothing that I recall refers to the south as being satan's domain. :nono:

From reading your post, it seems that she may be referring to Psalm 75 and perhaps it was her interpretation of it is what she shared with you.

Here it is.

1 Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.

2 When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.

3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

4 I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:

5 Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.

6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.

7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.

8 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.

9 But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.

10 All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.

---------

I can remember as a child, that because the South was such a warm climate, it was often referred to as hell. There were folks who truly believed that.

This may be where your friend is blending her interpretations, as there are some scriptures, especially in Daniel, Ezekiel, Matthew, which may seem to confirm her interpretation.

When you have a chance, speak with her and ask her to give you 'clarity' on what she means and the scriptures she's basing the Southern theory upon. I'm quite sure that it will clear things up. :yep:

I love you, Sweet Coco... only a little sister of mine can call me a 'Bible Thumper'. I love it. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

:blowkiss:

OMG God is so awesome.Yes this is the scripture Im looking for..She is a older woman so that where I think she is getting some her idea on this scripture..I don't know why this has been on my mind.

There is nothing wrong being a bible scholar bc when your under attack you can just go to your heart and start pimp slapping the devil with the word..

Im so hungry for the word and praise songs..im listening to karen clark sheard like on a daily..I can't get enough of God..Im evening seeing things like being appointed to different committees being a blessing bc people are seeing what God put in me...or even being able to prayer for ppl like MrsJones1.I take it as a privilige to be able to go to Lord on behalf of others..Im shouting at home Shimmie..

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
OMG God is so awesome.Yes this is the scripture Im looking for..She is a older woman so that where I think she is getting some her idea on this scripture..I don't know why this has been on my mind.

There is nothing wrong being a bible scholar bc when your under attack you can just go to your heart and start pimp slapping the devil with the word..

Im so hungry for the word and praise songs..im listening to karen clark sheard like on a daily..I can't get enough of God..Im evening seeing things like being appointed to different committees being a blessing bc people are seeing what God put in me...or even being able to prayer for ppl like MrsJones1.I take it as a privilige to be able to go to Lord on behalf of others..Im shouting at home Shimmie..
:amen: I love the Word of God, Coco. It's my life and I could care less about the 'attack', because in this life, we get attacked no matter what we do or believe in.

So if I'm gonna be attacked it may as well be for the Truth which has done nothing but set me free.

You are so full of God's Holy Spirit and His Word. I'm blessed just seeing your posts, no matter what they are, for I know the loving heart that beats on the inside of you. Keep your praises, little sister; I'm praising God right along with you... :woohoo2:

Bless His Holy Name, Sweet Jesus! Hallelulia ! ! ! :meme:

How we love Jesus, there's no other name we know. Sweet Jesus! Glory, Glory, Glory to His Holy Matchless Name. Jesus! Amen! :love3: