A Site For Those Concerned About Their Pics Being Stolen

BeaLady

TinEye

TinEye is a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions.

TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks. It is free to use for non-commercial searching.

TinEye regularly crawls the web for new images, and we also accept contributions of complete online image collections. To date, TinEye has indexed 1,972,682,763 images from the web to help you find what you're looking for. For more information, please see our FAQ, and for some real TinEye search examples, check out our Cool Searches page.

http://www.tineye.com/

BeaLady

You're welcome ladies. :)

I put in the url of a couple of my pictures and saw them posted on other blogs. I'm glad they weren't pictures of my hair.

Incognitus

TinEye

TinEye is a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions.

TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks. It is free to use for non-commercial searching.

TinEye regularly crawls the web for new images, and we also accept contributions of complete online image collections. To date, TinEye has indexed 1,972,682,763 images from the web to help you find what you're looking for. For more information, please see our FAQ, and for some real TinEye search examples, check out our Cool Searches page.

http://www.tineye.com/

As cool as this concept is, I can see potential for future abuse. :ohwell:

manter26

It doesn't work all that well, IMO. I looked for a dress that I had saved off the net, I had the URL and the saved image and it couldn't locate the pic. It took me a couple days of sleuthing, but I finally found the designer on my own.

BeaLady

How about NOT posting pictures if you're that concerned?

That certainly would be a viable option moving forward. The reason I posted this site was because this was an issue not long ago when it was discovered that people were stealing pics and posting them on sites selling hair growth products. They claimed the stolen pics were testimonials for their products. It became a concern because people had already posted their pics before realizing that people were stealing pics.

Triniwegian

That certainly would be a viable option moving forward. The reason I posted this site was because this was an issue not long ago when it was discovered that people were stealing pics and posting them on sites selling hair growth products. They claimed the stolen pics were testimonials for their products. It became a concern because people had already posted their pics before realizing that people were stealing pics.

Watermarking could be an option too.

lilyofthenile

I think I'll start water marking my pics if I put them out online and if anyone thinks they're worth passing off as their own..

fiyahwerks

I think watermarking (a nice size one) is the best option if you are seriously concerned with someone using your picture without permission. Someone would have to have some good Photoshop skills to remove a medium size watermark off a picture.

But the first rule is greatest: don't share pictures on the internet if you are concerned with someone else looking at it without your knowledge. As long as the internet is here, the picture will never disappear.