a tip for braid-twist outs!

Integrity

I tried my twist outs with lottabody setting lotion plus moisturiser (wet set) and the resulting curls are fuller and last longer!!!! I use do my twist outs with scurl and moisturiser alone but my hair got weighed down and sticky and heavy from the abundance of scurl and the curls would only last for 1 day.

what i did was spray sections of my hair WET with lottabody and then apply oil moisturizer (can be profectiv, EQP mango butter, coconut oil etc) then twist into bantu knots and spray the ehad lightly with scurl. let sit for 30 mins b4 covering and going to bed.

the setting lotion is better, gives shine and lasts longer!

LondonDiva

Your braid out sounds really nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif I wanna see your hair. When you coming to London girly?

Ok...well....not just your hair /images/graemlins/nuts.gif I wanna see you too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Integrity

Thanks LD! I love braid out too, i wer them almost everyday /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. the canadian secretary in the office likes them too /images/graemlins/grin.gif If i could do with all this pic trial thing i would. ok, you will see my hair in london and me yours /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LondonDiva

Yes but when ????? *jumps up & down like a 5 year old* Don't make me get out that spanking icon /images/graemlins/spank.gif Ooooops too late

G

That sounds great Pandora! How many twists did you make for this look? I definitely want to try it! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Integrity

i did 8 bantu knots on my head. i have the feeling the lotabdy cream wrap will be better. the liquid setting lotion leaves some pples hair crisp, esp. if it is too concentrated. but till i get my creme wrap i am loving this.

Ennyaa

Thanks Pandora!! I will definitely try this because so far my twist outs have been kinda... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I still like them but I just need to perfect my technique.

G

Thanks Pandora! One more question. What do you use to secure the bantu twists down to your scalp? Did you use bobby pins? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lindy

For some reason, I've found that my hair comes out crazy /images/graemlins/crazy.gif when I do the bantu knots on freshly washed hair. It just seems to come out looking better when I keep the twists hanging down and put rollers on the ends only. I think it's because doing the bantu knots curls the hair up too much... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Integrity

this is far too weird. the posts of the person i replied some posts to on this thread is missing. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif i cant even remember who it was.

Integrity

exactly. i am trying hard to remember who it was hat asked me the question about what i sed to secure the bantu knots. it was def. not pebs. this is so sad.

pooh123

Pandora that was me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know what happened but for some reason I had to re-register with the forum. It wasn't accepting my password when I logged in. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/lick.gif

Integrity

wow, that must have been what happened to pebbles /images/graemlins/frown.gif man, all your posts are lost. Please report what happened to you to Nikos.