1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/upcoming-changes.849375/
    Dismiss Notice

A White Woman Has Apologized After Calling Police On A Black Man And Saying 'there's An African Amer

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by Leeda.the.Paladin, May 26, 2020.

1. Transformer

Transformer Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This incident was Flag up the flagpole signaling that this lady can't be trusted with a position of authority or management. This means that she will LIE about a business deal, on other employees, or retaliate against management claiming some sort of harassment.

I keep telling y'all White Women Are Not To Be Believed. Full Disclosure--Bill Cosby is wrongly incarcerated.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. january noir

january noir Sunny On a Cloudy Day

Blog Posts:
    I was with you until you said Uncle Bill is wrongly incarcerated.

brownb83, KaciaLN12, Zuleika and 37 others like this.
  3. naturalgyrl5199

naturalgyrl5199 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    What tickled me is you can tell he is an AVID bird watcher.

I dont know too many black people who complain about dogs.."Tearing up the plantings!" (ooohhh shakes fist in disgust)
    "If she gonna proceed I'm gonna proceed to do what I want"...then he had doggy treats on hand....because this is clearly a thing--and he knows dewhites dont like "others" feeding their animals(Do you know how I chuckled?)

And she definitely is off her rocker. I cringed when I saw how she treated that doc. I'll bet my lunch money that doggy suffered under her care.

Then I chuckled bc she is like "my life is destroyed."
    Maam---this man could have been killed. Like what?
    Since the outcome was acceptable...I really got a chuckle out of this man....If his GF or wife looks like her...its really even more hilarious if you think about it.

4. Transformer

Blog Posts:
    Not to derail--I understand your position. But those women knew what time it was and I felt the case was more about that dreams not coming true than outright rape. Then to have him declared at age 80 as a Violent Sexual Predator in my opinion is too much.

5. FoxxyLocs

FoxxyLocs Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Oooh I love this song! Let's hear it again.

BFA81FAC-1B03-4F47-A178-DDD7269EAA54.gif

caribeandiva, MsLiss, Rina88 and 13 others like this.
  6. msbettyboop

msbettyboop Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Lawd, this is petty 100! :lachen::lachen::lachen::cheers:

7. msbettyboop

msbettyboop Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I watched that video this morning when I saw Emmet Till trending on Twitter. It was anxiety-inducing. The confidence with which she yelled she was going to tell the police an African American man is after her while she's being recorded tells you all you need to know about Karen and her white privilege.

And the dog choking! I'm not a dog person but my God, that dog was fighting to breathe on that collar.

She's lost the dog, and she's been fired and the park association has gone full petty and if you type her name on Google, all this comes up. I guess it's a good day.

caribeandiva, Rina88, sheanu and 16 others like this.
  8. awhyley

awhyley Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Late to the party, but

[​IMG]

So she's out of a job, no dog, closed down SM accounts and banned from the park too?
    I hope Karen's everywhere learn from this.

Yep, her credibility is shot.

Yeah, that came out of left field.

9. Lute

Lute Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    nah.. petty is her losing her residence, leave NY, pay this man restitution.. hit her hard enough that her own descendants and relatives will think twice of falsely accusing someone.

10. NaturalRox

NaturalRox Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I LOVE how they didn't even say/write her name - talk about distancing with a quickness! "...the employee..." :lachen: She got the wrong one that day!

And I'm SO glad that he recorded this - this saved his life.

11. awhyley

awhyley Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    And glad that his sister posted it too, because it appears that he was willing to let this go. Yay Melody! :cheers:

12. NaturalRox

NaturalRox Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Too right @awhyley !

13. Transformer

Blog Posts:
  14. Transformer

Blog Posts:
    I hate to be Debbie Downer but Christian probably needs to be careful. White men will create a situation to defend Karen's (Amy's) honor.

15. Transformer

Blog Posts:
    The only thing Christian has going for him in this situation is that she choked a dog.

16. niknakmac

niknakmac Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Her behavior was disgusting. I'm here for all of the consequences. I'm sick of the entitlement.

17. meka72

meka72 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    A blue jay lives in a tree outside my bedroom!

18. Dposh167

Dposh167 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    good. She ruined her own life.

19. january noir

january noir Sunny On a Cloudy Day

Blog Posts:
    Enjoy him (or her)! - can you tell the sex? The males are much larger than females.

20. ThirdEyeBeauty

ThirdEyeBeauty Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Very true. What is their equivalent name?

Transformer likes this.
  21. Lylddlebit

Lylddlebit Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I am so glad the world is starting to see the evil and malice in people like her. How effortlessly some lie, deceive and try to ruin the lives of others simply because they believe they can get away with it. Disgusting.

22. weaveadiva

weaveadiva Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The way she wailed at the end makes my stomach turn. It's like she just pressed a button and turned that voice on. She legit sounded like this man had a gun to her head. It makes my arm hair stand.
    Just once I want someone to be like, "Nah. I'm good."

23. chocolat79

chocolat79 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Make no mistake, that was absolutely her intention.

24. chocolat79

chocolat79 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I love how her apology and explanation of the incident both are contradictory to her actions.

"I was just scared. It was terrifying". Yet, the NORMAL human response to both of those is to get away from the terror, NOT
    arguing back and forth about putting her dog on a leash or putting your finger in someone's face.

She's a disgusting human being and I bet to her losing her dog was worse than the backlash from the video. She's probably losing more friends over how she treated that dog than how she treated that man.

She's trash. I hope if she has kids they feel it too. Sorry kiddos. Gotta learn early so you don't become like your trash mama.

25. Leeda.the.Paladin

Leeda.the.Paladin Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I think his response to her apology was fine. It was a reminder that none of that would’ve happened if not for her actions. Makes him look all the better. He never said anything was ok or that he forgave her.

26. Leeda.the.Paladin

Blog Posts:
    His interview with npr

NPR's Ailsa Chang talks with Christian Cooper, an avid birder who asked a woman to leash her dog, which led to a verbal altercation he caught on tape.

AILSA CHANG, HOST:

Christian Cooper, a black man, was out birdwatching in Central Park this weekend, and he asked a white woman to put her dog on a leash. And then he shot a video of the dog owner threatening to call the police on him.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

AMY COOPER: Sir, I'm asking you to stop.

CHRISTIAN COOPER: Please don't come close to me.

A COOPER: Sir, I'm asking you to stop recording me.

C COOPER: Please don't come close to me.

A COOPER: Please take your phone off of me.

C COOPER: Please don't come close to me.

A COOPER: Then I'm taking your picture and calling the cops.

C COOPER: Please call the cops. Please call the cops.

A COOPER: I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life.

C COOPER: Please tell them whatever you like.

CHANG: Well, Christian Cooper joins me now.

Welcome to ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.

C COOPER: Thanks.

CHANG: So can you just start out by telling me what exactly happened just before that tape we heard, when you came upon this woman and her dog was off-leash? Just describe the scene for me.

C COOPER: The vast majority of the park, you can have your dog off-leash until 9 a.m. But in very specific areas - protected areas of the park which are important areas for wildlife; for example, the Ramble, where I was birding and where a lot of people go to bird specifically for that reason - because...

CHANG: Right.

C COOPER: ...It is a protected area...

CHANG: Yeah.

C COOPER: Dogs have to be on the leash at all times. So this dog was tearing through the underbrush. And, you know, I said, ma'am, dogs on the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there. She was standing right next to the sign. And, you know, she said, oh, well, the dog runs are closed, and he needs his exercise. And I said, well, that's just great, but all you to do is take him across the drive to this other part of Central Park outside of the Ramble, and you can let him run off the leash to your heart's content until 9 a.m. No, no, no. That's too dangerous. And I'm like, OK. And basically, it sort of devolved from there and went back and forth.

CHANG: Well, at this point, according to your Facebook post, didn't you say something like, look; if you're going to do...

C COOPER: Yeah.

CHANG: ...What you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it? That's - I'm reading directly from your Facebook post.

C COOPER: Yes. Exactly. Yeah. I basically told her, look. If you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want. And then at that point, I pulled out a bag of treats that I carry - dog treats.

CHANG: And why do you carry dog treats while you're out birding?

C COOPER: Because when I'm out birding - exactly. Why would I, a non-dog walker, carry dog treats? Because over the years, that has proven the most effective way to get a recalcitrant dog owner to put their dog on the leash because they don't like it when a stranger feeds their dog treats.

CHANG: Well, since this all happened, the woman at the center of this - she's been identified as Amy Cooper. She has said that she - I'm going to quote her here - that she, quote, "did not mean to harm that man in any way," that man being you. And she said that she is not a racist. How do you respond to her?

C COOPER: I can't tell you whether or not she's a racist. I can tell you what she did in that moment, and it was a moment of, you know, stress and of confrontation and of, you know, probably spectacularly poor judgment. But in that moment, what she did was definitely racist. Now, should she be defined by that, you know, couple-of-seconds moment? I can't answer that. I think that's really up to her and what she does going forward.

CHANG: So you've been a birdwatcher for many years, I understand. And I'm curious. As you're moving through public spaces like Central Park, do you have sort of an additional layer of awareness around you because you are a black man, moving through the park as a black man, even though all you're curious about at that point is watching birds?

C COOPER: Yeah, 100%. Yes. It has occurred to me many times that I, as an African American, crouching down and peering through a shrub with a metal object in my hand will be perceived by authorities likely completely differently than a white birder doing exactly the same thing when we're both trying to do the same thing, which is see that rare bird that's, you know, hidden in that shrub or whatever.

CHANG: Yeah. Yeah.

C COOPER: You know, the simple fact of my skin color means that I run the risk of being perceived as a menace or a threat despite the fact that I'm doing the exact same thing as anybody else in that park.

CHANG: Christian Cooper, thank you very much for your time tonight.

C COOPER: No problem. Thank you.

CHANG: And NPR has reached out to Amy Cooper for comment. We have not heard back.

27. naturalgyrl5199

naturalgyrl5199 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I appreciate his calm attitude about the situation. He did what was right and she got what she was looking for. Attention.
    He doesn't have to be as vocal as we are to the situation, even though its clear he's highly aware. I'm glad he recognized that she did a very racist thing.
    When black people are calm, white people DO NOT LIKE IT. That is a SUPER great defense in situations like this. Because part of the trap-setting depends on us freaking out in the moment. Same for the Fed-Ex guy....and the Delivery Guy....He could also go on a tirade on his SM....but its okay that he didn't. The pulse of today allows SM to do it for him. We don't NEED him to have our type of outrage about it either, because him reporting it might save another black man. Meanwhile...I guarantee he may experience this again in his lifetime. Our job here is done. Really.
    All that's left now is to put this in our back pocket and never forget.

28. Leeda.the.Paladin

Blog Posts:
    Just saw on the news that she’s receiving death threats. Probably mostly because of the dog :/

brownb83, AVNchick, sheanu and 9 others like this.
  29. Crackers Phinn

Crackers Phinn Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Blog Posts:
    You think that Bill Cosby didn't know that even "consensual" messing with white women was a one way ticket to some kind of court case or death? Bill Cosby was a product of Jim Crow. That ninja felt the fear and did it anyway with his eyes wide open, so he exactly where he intended to be. I'm saying that as somebody who still doesn't believe all 50 kazillion accusations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    C COOPER: I can't tell you whether or not she's a racist. I can tell you what she did in that moment, and it was a moment of, you know, stress and of confrontation and of, you know, probably spectacularly poor judgment. But in that moment, what she did was definitely racist. Now, should she be defined by that, you know, couple-of-seconds moment? I can't answer that. I think that's really up to her and what she does going forward.

:spinning:
    She literally tried to have you murdered, sir.
    :rose:

30. nubiangoddess3

nubiangoddess3 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    C. Cooper wants you guys to leave racist Karen alone. He has put on the cape to protect Karen.
    How sweet of him...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/us/amy-cooper-central-park-call-police-trnd/index.html

Last edited: May 27, 2020