A White Woman Has Apologized After Calling Police On A Black Man And Saying 'there's An African Amer

Transformer

This incident was Flag up the flagpole signaling that this lady can't be trusted with a position of authority or management. This means that she will LIE about a business deal, on other employees, or retaliate against management claiming some sort of harassment.

I keep telling y'all White Women Are Not To Be Believed. Full Disclosure--Bill Cosby is wrongly incarcerated.

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
This incident was Flag up the flagpole signaling that this lady can't be trusted with a position of authority or management. This means that she will LIE about a business deal, on other employees, or retaliate against management claiming some sort of harassment.

I keep telling y'all White Women Are Not To Be Believe. Full Disclosure--Bill Cosby is wrongly incarcerated.

I was with you until you said Uncle Bill is wrongly incarcerated.

naturalgyrl5199

What tickled me is you can tell he is an AVID bird watcher.

I dont know too many black people who complain about dogs.."Tearing up the plantings!" (ooohhh shakes fist in disgust)
"If she gonna proceed I'm gonna proceed to do what I want"...then he had doggy treats on hand....because this is clearly a thing--and he knows dewhites dont like "others" feeding their animals(Do you know how I chuckled?)

And she definitely is off her rocker. I cringed when I saw how she treated that doc. I'll bet my lunch money that doggy suffered under her care.

Then I chuckled bc she is like "my life is destroyed."
Maam---this man could have been killed. Like what?
Since the outcome was acceptable...I really got a chuckle out of this man....If his GF or wife looks like her...its really even more hilarious if you think about it.

msbettyboop

Now they are trying to ban her from the park. :lol:

“The Central Park Civic Association condemns this behavior and is calling on Mayor [Bill] de Blasio to impose a lifetime ban on this lady for her deliberate, racial misleading of law enforcement and violating behavioral guidelines set so that all can enjoy our city’s most famous park,” Fischer said.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/civic-association-calls-on-de-blasio-to-ban-central-park-karen/

Lawd, this is petty 100! :lachen::lachen::lachen::cheers:

msbettyboop

I watched that video this morning when I saw Emmet Till trending on Twitter. It was anxiety-inducing. The confidence with which she yelled she was going to tell the police an African American man is after her while she's being recorded tells you all you need to know about Karen and her white privilege.

And the dog choking! I'm not a dog person but my God, that dog was fighting to breathe on that collar.

She's lost the dog, and she's been fired and the park association has gone full petty and if you type her name on Google, all this comes up. I guess it's a good day.

awhyley

Late to the party, but

So she's out of a job, no dog, closed down SM accounts and banned from the park too?
I hope Karen's everywhere learn from this.

Yep, her credibility is shot.

I was with you until you said Uncle Bill is wrongly incarcerated.

Yeah, that came out of left field.

meka72

Me and Christian would be friends. I used to birdwatch when I was a kid; I had all kinds of bird guides and everything. Though I stopped as I grew up, I never stopped loving seeing different birds and recognizing the bird families they belonged to. Where I live my backyard is full of trees and in the early morning, cardinals, blue jays and robin red breasts flit from tree to tree. They are so beautiful and puts me in a happy mood when I see the bright red of the cardinals and blue of the jays. I’m a nature lover!
A blue jay lives in a tree outside my bedroom!

weaveadiva

The way she wailed at the end makes my stomach turn. It's like she just pressed a button and turned that voice on. She legit sounded like this man had a gun to her head. It makes my arm hair stand.
Asked if he'd accept her apology, Christian Cooper told CNN he would "if it's genuine and if she plans on keeping her dog on a leash in the Ramble going forward, then we have no issues with each other."
Just once I want someone to be like, "Nah. I'm good."

chocolat79

I love how her apology and explanation of the incident both are contradictory to her actions.

"I was just scared. It was terrifying". Yet, the NORMAL human response to both of those is to get away from the terror, NOT
arguing back and forth about putting her dog on a leash or putting your finger in someone's face.

She's a disgusting human being and I bet to her losing her dog was worse than the backlash from the video. She's probably losing more friends over how she treated that dog than how she treated that man.

She's trash. I hope if she has kids they feel it too. Sorry kiddos. Gotta learn early so you don't become like your trash mama.

Leeda.the.Paladin

His interview with npr

NPR's Ailsa Chang talks with Christian Cooper, an avid birder who asked a woman to leash her dog, which led to a verbal altercation he caught on tape.

AILSA CHANG, HOST:

Christian Cooper, a black man, was out birdwatching in Central Park this weekend, and he asked a white woman to put her dog on a leash. And then he shot a video of the dog owner threatening to call the police on him.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

AMY COOPER: Sir, I'm asking you to stop.

CHRISTIAN COOPER: Please don't come close to me.

A COOPER: Sir, I'm asking you to stop recording me.

C COOPER: Please don't come close to me.

A COOPER: Please take your phone off of me.

C COOPER: Please don't come close to me.

A COOPER: Then I'm taking your picture and calling the cops.

C COOPER: Please call the cops. Please call the cops.

A COOPER: I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life.

C COOPER: Please tell them whatever you like.

CHANG: Well, Christian Cooper joins me now.

Welcome to ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.

C COOPER: Thanks.

CHANG: So can you just start out by telling me what exactly happened just before that tape we heard, when you came upon this woman and her dog was off-leash? Just describe the scene for me.

C COOPER: The vast majority of the park, you can have your dog off-leash until 9 a.m. But in very specific areas - protected areas of the park which are important areas for wildlife; for example, the Ramble, where I was birding and where a lot of people go to bird specifically for that reason - because...

CHANG: Right.

C COOPER: ...It is a protected area...

CHANG: Yeah.

C COOPER: Dogs have to be on the leash at all times. So this dog was tearing through the underbrush. And, you know, I said, ma'am, dogs on the Ramble have to be on the leash at all times. The sign is right there. She was standing right next to the sign. And, you know, she said, oh, well, the dog runs are closed, and he needs his exercise. And I said, well, that's just great, but all you to do is take him across the drive to this other part of Central Park outside of the Ramble, and you can let him run off the leash to your heart's content until 9 a.m. No, no, no. That's too dangerous. And I'm like, OK. And basically, it sort of devolved from there and went back and forth.

CHANG: Well, at this point, according to your Facebook post, didn't you say something like, look; if you're going to do...

C COOPER: Yeah.

CHANG: ...What you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it? That's - I'm reading directly from your Facebook post.

C COOPER: Yes. Exactly. Yeah. I basically told her, look. If you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want. And then at that point, I pulled out a bag of treats that I carry - dog treats.

CHANG: And why do you carry dog treats while you're out birding?

C COOPER: Because when I'm out birding - exactly. Why would I, a non-dog walker, carry dog treats? Because over the years, that has proven the most effective way to get a recalcitrant dog owner to put their dog on the leash because they don't like it when a stranger feeds their dog treats.

CHANG: Well, since this all happened, the woman at the center of this - she's been identified as Amy Cooper. She has said that she - I'm going to quote her here - that she, quote, "did not mean to harm that man in any way," that man being you. And she said that she is not a racist. How do you respond to her?

C COOPER: I can't tell you whether or not she's a racist. I can tell you what she did in that moment, and it was a moment of, you know, stress and of confrontation and of, you know, probably spectacularly poor judgment. But in that moment, what she did was definitely racist. Now, should she be defined by that, you know, couple-of-seconds moment? I can't answer that. I think that's really up to her and what she does going forward.

CHANG: So you've been a birdwatcher for many years, I understand. And I'm curious. As you're moving through public spaces like Central Park, do you have sort of an additional layer of awareness around you because you are a black man, moving through the park as a black man, even though all you're curious about at that point is watching birds?

C COOPER: Yeah, 100%. Yes. It has occurred to me many times that I, as an African American, crouching down and peering through a shrub with a metal object in my hand will be perceived by authorities likely completely differently than a white birder doing exactly the same thing when we're both trying to do the same thing, which is see that rare bird that's, you know, hidden in that shrub or whatever.

CHANG: Yeah. Yeah.

C COOPER: You know, the simple fact of my skin color means that I run the risk of being perceived as a menace or a threat despite the fact that I'm doing the exact same thing as anybody else in that park.

CHANG: Christian Cooper, thank you very much for your time tonight.

C COOPER: No problem. Thank you.

CHANG: And NPR has reached out to Amy Cooper for comment. We have not heard back.

naturalgyrl5199

I appreciate his calm attitude about the situation. He did what was right and she got what she was looking for. Attention.
He doesn't have to be as vocal as we are to the situation, even though its clear he's highly aware. I'm glad he recognized that she did a very racist thing.
When black people are calm, white people DO NOT LIKE IT. That is a SUPER great defense in situations like this. Because part of the trap-setting depends on us freaking out in the moment. Same for the Fed-Ex guy....and the Delivery Guy....He could also go on a tirade on his SM....but its okay that he didn't. The pulse of today allows SM to do it for him. We don't NEED him to have our type of outrage about it either, because him reporting it might save another black man. Meanwhile...I guarantee he may experience this again in his lifetime. Our job here is done. Really.
All that's left now is to put this in our back pocket and never forget.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

I keep telling y'all White Women Are Not To Be Believe. Full Disclosure--Bill Cosby is wrongly incarcerated.
You think that Bill Cosby didn't know that even "consensual" messing with white women was a one way ticket to some kind of court case or death? Bill Cosby was a product of Jim Crow. That ninja felt the fear and did it anyway with his eyes wide open, so he exactly where he intended to be. I'm saying that as somebody who still doesn't believe all 50 kazillion accusations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C COOPER: I can't tell you whether or not she's a racist. I can tell you what she did in that moment, and it was a moment of, you know, stress and of confrontation and of, you know, probably spectacularly poor judgment. But in that moment, what she did was definitely racist. Now, should she be defined by that, you know, couple-of-seconds moment? I can't answer that. I think that's really up to her and what she does going forward.

:spinning:
She literally tried to have you murdered, sir.
:rose:

nubiangoddess3

You think that Bill Cosby didn't know that even "consensual" messing with white women was a one way ticket to some kind of court case or death? Bill Cosby was a product of Jim Crow. That ninja felt the fear and did it anyway with his eyes wide open, so he exactly where he intended to be. I'm saying that as somebody who still doesn't believe all 50 kazillion accusations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:spinning:
She literally tried to have you murdered, sir.
:rose:

C. Cooper wants you guys to leave racist Karen alone. He has put on the cape to protect Karen.
How sweet of him...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/us/amy-cooper-central-park-call-police-trnd/index.html

Last edited: