A White Woman Has Apologized After Calling Police On A Black Man And Saying 'there's An African Amer

Everything Zen

What was the point him filming it and now doing the whole talk show circuit and getting all his shine- you know what never mind. Just when we were finally about to set precedent for the first time in centuries against the countless times that this has happened and this :censored: “activist” in name only is standing in the way of justice for all of us. He needs to be fined too for wasting everyone’s time and energy.

Last edited:

cocosweet

What was the point him filming it and now doing the whole talk show circuit and getting all his shine- you know what never mind. Just when we were finally about to set precedent for the first time in centuries against the countless times that this has happened and this :censored: “activist” in name only is standing in the way of justice for all of us. He needs to be fined too for wasting everyone’s time and energy.
Fined and flogged. He should still get that butt whoopin' Karen was trying to to get for him...for the culture.

Everything Zen

Oh well- I’m pretty sure his life is about to be ruined too. Christian Cooper fails to realize that this incident is bigger than himself and happened the morning before George Floyd died. This is a zeitgeist (Some are calling our American Spring) but honestly the world is watching and this is a tipping point that he can’t stop.

Kanky

Chris Cooper is better at this than most and we need to learn from his example. Here is what he said to the NYTimes:

“On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price,” Mr. Cooper said in a statement on Tuesday. “That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on.” But he added that he understood there was a greater principle at stake and that this should be defended. “So if the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me.”

Amy Cooper will be prosecuted. Her crime is on camera and recorded on the 911 call. It doesn’t do him any good to cheerlead as her life is ruined, when Amy Cooper will get what she deserves either way.

People really need to learn the art of subtlety and to take yes for an answer. When you are getting what you want and your enemy is getting what they deserve then you only make yourself look bad by calling for blood. If he’d said that he was glad that she was being prosecuted and that he was looking forward to testifying and hoping that she gets jail time then he would be in the bullseye as people look to defend the racist white woman. Instead he reminded people that she should be prosecuted on principle even though she’d already suffered and stepped out of the line of fire.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Chris Cooper is better at this than most and we need to learn from his example. Here is what he said to the NYTimes:

“On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price,” Mr. Cooper said in a statement on Tuesday. “That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on.” But he added that he understood there was a greater principle at stake and that this should be defended. “So if the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me.”

Amy Cooper will be prosecuted. Her crime is on camera and recorded on the 911 call. It doesn’t do him any good to cheerlead as her life is ruined, when Amy Cooper will get what she deserves either way.

People really need to learn the art of subtlety and to take yes for an answer. When you are getting what you want and your enemy is getting what they deserve then you only make yourself look bad by calling for blood. If he’d said that he was glad that she was being prosecuted and that he was looking forward to testifying and hoping that she gets jail time then he would be in the bullseye as people look to defend the racist white woman. Instead he reminded people that she should be prosecuted on principle even though she’d already suffered and stepped out of the line of fire.
It's not calling for blood to cooperate with the DA. Nobody's asking him to holler from the roof to kill the cracka b. He was wronged. Go through the legal process of wronged people. Amy Cooper invoked her privilege to attempt to murder him by cop. Christian Cooper and his above it all nonsense reinforces that the price Amy Cooper paid so far (public shame and loss of income) is of greater value than the potential loss of his own life. That's what black life not mattering really means. Mark my words, if Amy Cooper can recover from the dog abuse stigma, she will be on the same black mocking trajectory as a George Zimmerman in a few years. She can't run from her name but she can find a fan base that will help her unlike the fool whose talking about she's paid a steep price.

Kanky

It's not calling for blood to cooperate with the DA. Nobody's asking him to holler from the roof to kill the cracka b. He was wronged. Go through the legal process of wronged people. Amy Cooper invoked her privilege to attempt to murder him by cop. Christian Cooper and his above it all nonsense reinforces that the price Amy Cooper paid so far (public shame and loss of income) is of greater value than the potential loss of his own life. That's what black life not mattering really means. Mark my words, if Amy Cooper can recover from the dog abuse stigma, she will be on the same black mocking trajectory as a George Zimmerman in a few years. She can't run from her name but she can find a fan base that will help her unlike the fool whose talking about she's paid a steep price.

The black mocking folks and Amy Cooper's attorney are already claiming that he threatened her when he said "You won't like what happens next," and tried to feed her dog. He is probably trying to avoid blowback. I don't see what participating further does for him if she is prosecuted anyway? How does he benefit?

The threat to black lives is a police force that commits assault and murder all willy nilly. The police showing up shouldn't be a potential death sentence or lead to people spending tens of thousands of dollars to fight false charges or be convicted of crimes that they didn't commit. Amy Cooper and her privilege are part of the problem, and I am glad that she will be prosecuted. I think that they should add hate crime charges. Still until the police department is fixed then every white person in America has the power of life or death over black people. All they have to do is call the police and lie.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Seriously?? Dude, I took up for you earlier but if you don’t cooperate...!

It’s no longer about him. This case represents something bigger than the way he feels.

fluffyforever

I get why he isn’t pushing it further.

I don’t know his job- but I’m assuming he still has to work for his money and might have white bosses and coworkers that he has to deal with. He has to look out for his coins and not step on toes at work.

Can you imagine that if he came out swinging- talking about how this woman who already lost her job and respect needs to serve the maximum prison sentence because she is an evil racist that some of his white coworkers might think he is going too far? They might see him different and affect his work environment? So many white people don’t even see the problem with what she did in the first place and if he continued to drag her in public, he can start looking like the bad guy.

I agree with his approach. Let the law handle it. It’s all on tape. They have his interviews. They don’t need him in court. Yes the issue is bigger than him, but it’s not his job to become one of the faces of it if he doesn’t want to.

Crackers Phinn

What Christian Cooper’s Lack of Cooperation with DA’s Office May Mean for Criminal Case Against Amy Cooper
Jul 8th, 2020, 1:40 pm

The woman who went viral for calling police on a Black man in Central Park months ago was subjected to international scorn and immediately lost her job. Her former employer suggested when announcing the firing that she had committed a racist act. On top of that, Amy Cooper now faces a criminal charge in Manhattan for falsely reporting an incident, even though the man she allegedly victimized has not and apparently won’t be cooperating with prosecutors.

Christian Cooper told the New York Times in a statement on Tuesday that he believes Amy Cooper has already paid a “steep price.” Mr. Cooper said that if Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance wants to pursue charges against Ms. Cooper, Vance can to do so without his cooperation.

“On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price. That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on,” he said. “So if the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me.”

Criminal defense attorney and former New York City homicide prosecutor Julie Rendelman told Law&Crime that the DA “may not actually need Mr. Cooper’s testimony in order to effectively prosecute Amy Cooper.”

“After all, they have the 911 call that contains the alleged false reporting, and they have video that was taken contemporaneously with the actual incident that led to the charges,” Rendelman said. “The prosecutor can subpoena Mr. Cooper for a potential trial if they believe they need Mr. Cooper to authenticate the video and give background to the incident, but they would probably be able to work around that.”

“In the end,” Rendelman said, “the district attorney could take into account Mr. Cooper’s opinions about this prosecution in formulating an appropriate resolution to this matter.”

Vance announced the prosecution against Cooper on Monday.

“Today, our Office initiated a prosecution of Amy Cooper for Falsely Reporting an Incident in the Third Degree,” he said in a statement. “Our office will provide the public with additional information as the case proceeds. At this time I would like to encourage anyone who has been the target of false reporting to contact our Office. We are strongly committed to holding perpetrators of this conduct accountable.”

Class A misdemeanors like this one are punishable by up to one year in jail or three years probation–and/or a $1,000 fine.

Law&Crime previously noted that Cooper could be charged with this crime. But many of those arguing against the charges have said that the Amy Cooper case shouldn’t be used as a vehicle to promote the carceral state and overcriminalization. Others have wondered what took DA Vance so long to file charges.

Cooper’s defense attorney Robert Barnes (who has penned columns for Law&Crime in the past) said that his client will be acquitted of the charge.

“When all the facts are known, Amy Cooper will be found not guilty of the single misdemeanor charge she faces,” Barnes told CNN. “Based on a misunderstood 60 seconds of video, she lost her job, her home and her reputation.”

Barnes also told the cable news network that “criminalized, cancel culture” and prosecutions of “alleged ‘wrong think'” cannot be the new normal.

“Public shaming, lost employment, denied benefits & now prison time for a mis-perceived, momentary alleged ‘wrong think’? For words said in a sixty second interaction where even the alleged victim calls this reaction way excessive? This criminalized, cancel culture is cancerous & precarious,” he said. “That is why acquitting Amy Cooper is important.”

Kanky

I get why he isn’t pushing it further.

I don’t know his job- but I’m assuming he still has to work for his money and might have white bosses and coworkers that he has to deal with. He has to look out for his coins and not step on toes at work.

Can you imagine that if he came out swinging- talking about how this woman who already lost her job and respect needs to serve the maximum prison sentence because she is an evil racist that some of his white coworkers might think he is going too far? They might see him different and affect his work environment? So many white people don’t even see the problem with what she did in the first place and if he continued to drag her in public, he can start looking like the bad guy.

I agree with his approach. Let the law handle it. It’s all on tape. They have his interviews. They don’t need him in court. Yes the issue is bigger than him, but it’s not his job to become one of the faces of it if he doesn’t want to.

I think that people want him to fight for black people as a group and are less concerned about whatever personal consequences he may face. Activists don't usually live long happy lives. Rosa Parks died poor in the hood after living on DeWhiteman's charity. I can understand him wanting to move on with his life.

Kanky

What Christian Cooper’s Lack of Cooperation with DA’s Office May Mean for Criminal Case Against Amy Cooper
Jul 8th, 2020, 1:40 pm

The woman who went viral for calling police on a Black man in Central Park months ago was subjected to international scorn and immediately lost her job. Her former employer suggested when announcing the firing that she had committed a racist act. On top of that, Amy Cooper now faces a criminal charge in Manhattan for falsely reporting an incident, even though the man she allegedly victimized has not and apparently won’t be cooperating with prosecutors.

Christian Cooper told the New York Times in a statement on Tuesday that he believes Amy Cooper has already paid a “steep price.” Mr. Cooper said that if Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance wants to pursue charges against Ms. Cooper, Vance can to do so without his cooperation.

“On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price. That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on,” he said. “So if the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me.”

Criminal defense attorney and former New York City homicide prosecutor Julie Rendelman told Law&Crime that the DA “may not actually need Mr. Cooper’s testimony in order to effectively prosecute Amy Cooper.”

“After all, they have the 911 call that contains the alleged false reporting, and they have video that was taken contemporaneously with the actual incident that led to the charges,” Rendelman said. “The prosecutor can subpoena Mr. Cooper for a potential trial if they believe they need Mr. Cooper to authenticate the video and give background to the incident, but they would probably be able to work around that.”

“In the end,” Rendelman said, “the district attorney could take into account Mr. Cooper’s opinions about this prosecution in formulating an appropriate resolution to this matter.”

Vance announced the prosecution against Cooper on Monday.

“Today, our Office initiated a prosecution of Amy Cooper for Falsely Reporting an Incident in the Third Degree,” he said in a statement. “Our office will provide the public with additional information as the case proceeds. At this time I would like to encourage anyone who has been the target of false reporting to contact our Office. We are strongly committed to holding perpetrators of this conduct accountable.”

Class A misdemeanors like this one are punishable by up to one year in jail or three years probation–and/or a $1,000 fine.

Law&Crime previously noted that Cooper could be charged with this crime. But many of those arguing against the charges have said that the Amy Cooper case shouldn’t be used as a vehicle to promote the carceral state and overcriminalization. Others have wondered what took DA Vance so long to file charges.

Cooper’s defense attorney Robert Barnes (who has penned columns for Law&Crime in the past) said that his client will be acquitted of the charge.

“When all the facts are known, Amy Cooper will be found not guilty of the single misdemeanor charge she faces,” Barnes told CNN. “Based on a misunderstood 60 seconds of video, she lost her job, her home and her reputation.”

Barnes also told the cable news network that “criminalized, cancel culture” and prosecutions of “alleged ‘wrong think'” cannot be the new normal.

“Public shaming, lost employment, denied benefits & now prison time for a mis-perceived, momentary alleged ‘wrong think’? For words said in a sixty second interaction where even the alleged victim calls this reaction way excessive? This criminalized, cancel culture is cancerous & precarious,” he said. “That is why acquitting Amy Cooper is important.”

Robert Barnes, her attorney, is one of those Trumpkins who takes on rightwing, racist culture war cases. The DA, DeBlasio, and Cumo are also using Amy Cooper to score political points. Chris Cooper is right to duck out of the way IMO. I would love to see Amy Cooper dragged all the way to prison, but it isn't my life. Also I am assuming that the DA spoke to him personally, and isn't relying on Chris Cooper's interviews to decide whether or not to pursue this.

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

Robert Barnes, her attorney, is one of those Trumpkins who takes on rightwing, racist culture war cases. IIRC The DA, DeBlasio, and Cumo are also using Amy Cooper to score political points. Chris Cooper is right to duck out of the way IMO. I would love to see Amy Cooper dragged all the way to prison, but it isn't my life. Also I am assuming that the DA spoke to him personally, and isn't relying on Chris Cooper's interviews to decide whether or not to pursue this.
I don't understand how cooperating with the DA is being presented as more life changing than the actual event. What is it about giving a statement/testimony is going to get him killed?

Kanky

I don't understand how cooperating with the DA is being presented as more life changing than the actual event. What is it about giving a statement/testimony is going to get him killed?

I don't think that he will be killed necessarily. Robert Barnes appears on Fox News to give room temperature racism talking points. There will be racist idiots with big mics talking about him and trying to damage his reputation. There have already been articles criticizing him for carrying dog treats and trying to enforce leash laws while birdwatching.

https://thepostmillennial.com/central-park-is-a-tale-of-two-karens

At this point there's not a single quote that doesn't have him looking like a nicer than average, bird geek. He might just want his life back to normal and not have to deal with being a target of racists fighting a culture war.

UmSumayyah

I think that people want him to fight for black people as a group and are less concerned about whatever personal consequences he may face. Activists don't usually live long happy lives. Rosa Parks died poor in the hood after living on DeWhiteman's charity. I can understand him wanting to move on with his life.
I know she didn't have much but I thought after that bm beat her up that the white ceo put her in an apartment in a secure building?

Let me Google.

UmSumayyah

It just occurred to me that I don't think I have ever seen an ordinary middle class bm risk his social and career stability to to all out on some widely broadcast racial incident in their lives, or in their neighborhood/ community.

It seems bw are more likely.

Am I mistaken? It would certainly fit general bw behavior.

Crackers Phinn

It just occurred to me that I don't think I have ever seen an ordinary middle class bm risk his social and career stability to to all out on some widely broadcast racial incident in their lives, or in their neighborhood/ community.

It seems bw are more likely.

Am I mistaken? It would certainly fit general bw behavior.
His sister got him to post the video. Christian was always going to give this white woman a pass.
Like I said on page 1, the only victim in this situation with some sense was the dog.

I don't think that he will be killed necessarily. Robert Barnes appears on Fox News to give room temperature racism talking points. There will be racist idiots with big mics talking about him and trying to damage his reputation. There have already been articles criticizing him for carrying dog treats and trying to enforce leash laws while birdwatching.

https://thepostmillennial.com/central-park-is-a-tale-of-two-karens

At this point there's not a single quote that doesn't have him looking like a nicer than average, bird geek. He might just want his life back to normal and not have to deal with being a target of racists fighting a culture war.

He's already the target of racists fighting a culture war. That's who Amy Cooper is as played out in the video. The story is out, Christian Cooper's life is already irrevocably changed and the people who criticized him were always going to criticize him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I get this weird "stop snitching" vibe from the tone of this conversation. If this was a case of some outside person interjecting themselves into a racial incident between other people in the name of black protest then I could see staying out of the fray. But if somebody literally commits a crime against you, which is what Amy Cooper did and is being charged with, just walking away is not normally what people encourage victims to do.

Kanky

His sister got him to post the video. Christian was always going to give this white woman a pass.
Like I said on page 1, the only victim in this situation with some sense was the dog.

He's already the target of racists fighting a culture war. That's who Amy Cooper is as played out in the video. The story is out, Christian Cooper's life is already irrevocably changed and the people who criticized him were always going to criticize him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I get this weird "stop snitching" vibe from the tone of this conversation. If this was a case of some outside person interjecting themselves into a racial incident between other people in the name of black protest then I could see staying out of the fray. But if somebody literally commits a crime against you, which is what Amy Cooper did and is being charged with, just walking away is not normally what people encourage victims to do.

I have heard the stop snitching vibe that you are talking about. People who are so woke that they are stupid talking about how we shouldn't use the evil carceral justice system against Amy Cooper. :lol: She needs to get jail time and a criminal record IMO.

I am not encouraging him to walk away, but I can see why he would do so.

meka72

Christian Cooper: Why I have chosen not to aid the investigation of Amy Cooper

On May 25, when I was birding in the Ramble section of New York’s Central Park, I asked a woman whose dog was off his leash to please put him back on, as the area’s rules require. She refused — and, as shown in a video that went viral, she was soon calling the police and telling them an “African American man” was “threatening” her.

Support our journalism. Subscribe today.
Now Amy Cooper has been charged by the Manhattan district attorney with filing a false police report. I’m ambivalent about the prosecution and have chosen not to aid the investigation. It’s important to remember that this case is for the DA to make, regardless of my involvement; it is not a situation where I have to press charges or else the case goes away.

I’ve said all along that I think it’s a mistake to focus on this one individual. The important thing the incident highlights is the long-standing, deep-seated racial bias against us black and brown folk that permeates the United States — bias that can bring horrific consequences, as with the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis later the same day I encountered Amy Cooper, or just small daily cuts.
Why did Cooper so easily tap into that toxic racial bias in the heat of the moment when she was looking for a leg up in our confrontation? Why is it surprising to no one that the police might come charging to her aid with special vengeance on hearing that an African American was involved? And most important of all, how do we fix policing so that scenarios such as this are replaced by a criminal justice system that is truly just and equitable to black people?

Focusing on charging Amy Cooper lets white people off the hook from all that. They can scream for her head while leaving their own prejudices unexamined. They can push for her prosecution and pat themselves on the back for having done something about racism, when they’ve actually done nothing, and their own Amy Cooper remains only one purse-clutch in the presence of a black man away.

Those concerns must be weighed against what prosecuting the case means for us black people. I appreciate that it is important to uphold the principle of law, and that those who try to turn racism to their advantage by filing false claims against a person of color should be held accountable. But note that laws against filing a false police report are already on the books and will remain enforceable, whether applied in this case or not.

Finally, I believe in punishments that are commensurate with the wrongdoing. Considering that Amy Cooper has already lost her job and her reputation, it’s hard to see what is to be gained by a criminal charge, aside from the upholding of principle. If her current setbacks aren’t deterrent enough to others seeking to weaponize race, it’s unlikely the threat of legal action would change that. Meanwhile, for offenders who don’t suffer consequences like Cooper’s, the law is still there to exact a price.

Would I consider it fair and just if Cooper were found guilty and sentenced to anti-bias training and some form of community service? Yes. But black people know all too well that the criminal justice system often doesn’t work that way — that an ambitious DA with an election next year, in the current social climate, might seek and achieve a sentence of a year behind bars. All for an offense from which I suffered no harm, physical or mental. That wouldn’t be a commensurate punishment.

Raising the specter of what harm might have come to me as a result of Cooper’s false report carries no weight with me; I don’t find speculation useful in this situation, because it’s equally possible that, had the police arrived on the scene while I was still there, they would have done their jobs professionally. And if the fear is that the police would have done me harm as a result of Cooper’s call, then the solution is to fix policing.

So while acknowledging the principle at stake, I must err on the side of compassion and choose not to be involved in this prosecution. Let the DA do his job. He has already decided to pursue charges; if he feels my involvement is essential to the case, he can subpoena me. If subpoenaed, I will testify, truthfully and accurately. Otherwise, the case is the DA’s, not mine.

I know that some people may disagree with my reasoning, and that this decision comes as a disappointment to many who share in the struggle for social justice, and I’m sorry for that. But under the circumstances, it’s the only course I can pursue in good conscience.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/christian-cooper-why-i-am-declining-to-be-involved-in-amy-coopers-prosecution/2020/07/14/1ba3a920-c5d4-11ea-b037-f9711f89ee46_story.html

Last edited:

Crackers Phinn

"All for an offense from which I suffered no harm, physical or mental. That wouldn’t be a commensurate punishment."

As far as both Christian and me are concerned, the real victim is the dog, who got enough sense NOT to forgive her :moon:. I bet you if she showed up at the kennel, that dog ain't go be in no kind of hurry to go nowhere with her.
Meanwhile, he seems more agitated over the white male D.A.

Between this and Nick Cannon's foolery I'm done reading about black men today.