About this Comb Chase Method

SmilingElephant

I tried it last nite.....my hair did get straight but....i don't think i'll do this again....i had some breakage going on:nono:....you know...hair was "snapping" off as i tried to comb the tangles out.

I find if i just flat iron in VERY small sections my hair get pretty straight....plus i used less products than i usually use...just a leave in conditioner:sad:

It wasn't HUGE breakage....but its more than i wanna see...little chips all over me when i finished.:nono:

Anybody else experience this?:perplexed

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I tried it last nite.....my hair did get straight but....i don't think i'll do this again....i had some breakage going on:nono:....you know...hair was "snapping" off as i tried to comb the tangles out.

I find if i just flat iron in VERY small sections my hair get pretty straight....plus i used less products than i usually use...just a leave in conditioner:sad:

It wasn't HUGE breakage....but its more than i wanna see...little chips all over me when i finished.:nono:

Anybody else experience this?:perplexed

Starronda is the Comb-Chase Queen!:yep:

Maybe she'll chime in and help you out w/some pointers!:grin:

SmilingElephant

Do you have that 'special' comb-chasing flat-iron comb thingy?:yep:

ETA: This

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=340121

What is this you speak of woman?:grin:.....i just used a rat tail comb like longhairdontcare....in fact i did it just like her.....she has vids on youtube....somebody else posted them in another thread....but my hair started snapping...so i just stopped with the comb but continued to part my hair in tiny sections.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
What is this you speak of woman?:grin:.....i just used a rat tail comb like longhairdontcare....in fact i did it just like her.....she has vids on youtube....somebody else posted them in another thread....but my hair started snapping...so i just stopped with the comb but continued to part my hair in tiny sections.

GIRL, you need that comb that T was talking about:yep:. I LOVE the comb chase method. Thats the only way I flat iron my hair and it comes out silky straight. Make sure to remove all of your tangles first (I do this with my denman). I dab on a small amount of Redken Heat Glide, slowly go down my hair with my babybliss, then I get the comb and go down after I use the flatiron. Never any breakage, just straight swinging hair:grin:. Try it again, just take your time. Its worth it. hth

SmilingElephant

GIRL, you need that comb that T was talking about:yep:. I LOVE the comb chase method. Thats the only way I flat iron my hair and it comes out silky straight. Make sure to remove all of your tangles first (I do this with my denman). I dab on a small amount of Redken Heat Glide, slowly go down my hair with my babybliss, then I get the comb and go down after I use the flatiron. Never any breakage, just straight swinging hair:grin:. Try it again, just take your time. Its worth it. hth

Thanx Starronda!!!....AND T!.....T i'ma beat you :spank:....:laugh:...got ME buyin up stuff!!!:rofl:

MarieB

I use the same straightening comb she uses in the video (Conair, cost me about $3, I think). I bought it for doing BKT because I was not trying to do multiple passes on high heat with my bare hands. Of course, now I do BKT on less heat than they initially suggested, but, it is a very handy tool.