Abstinence Challenge 365, 24-7

felic1

I am holding on or he is holding me. I am happy with the quiet body. I have had some unacceptable thoughts in the last two weeks.

topsyturvy86

For those that are/ have been in relationships a while, are there any practical things you do/ did that helped with this?

My boundary up to now has been no staying over so we're helping ourselves as well and not flirting with temptation. It's worked so far but starting not to make sense as we live in different County's (sort of like City's) and it's just more practical especially when we have late evening plans so i'm thinking to relax that boundary a bit to make sense

Did you stay over and still stay celibate in your relationship? Is this possible?

Thanks

blessedandfavoured

Struggling with this right now, me and my SO are celibate and abstaining. We've been together a year in a half and it's so hard!! It's hard keeping my thoughts at bay, I just don't know what to do.

Hello @mz.rae, when you are tempted, please remember Christ's suffering on the cross. It was to deliver you from the power of sin and to give you the power, through God's Holy Spirit, to resist temptation. Jesus has paid the price for your freedom - walk in it. Fasting and prayer also help, and worshipping in God's presence and caring about His business. An idle mind is the devil's workshop, as they say, but the Word tells us to keep our minds on things above (Colossians 3:1-3). Also, you should probably avoid being alone together for extended periods of time, and especially at night. I hope this helps. May God bless and keep you, amen.

For those that are/ have been in relationships a while, are there any practical things you do/ did that helped with this?

My boundary up to now has been no staying over so we're helping ourselves as well and not flirting with temptation. It's worked so far but starting not to make sense as we live in different County's (sort of like City's) and it's just more practical especially when we have late evening plans so i'm thinking to relax that boundary a bit to make sense

Did you stay over and still stay celibate in your relationship? Is this possible?

Thanks
Hello @topsyturvy86, I think staying over might be the top of a slippery slope. Like you already said, you've avoided it in order to avoid flirting with temptation. That is the wise thing to do. The Bible says to avoid all appearances of evil - does it look right that one of you is staying over in the other's house? Maybe you would be better off making plans that aren't so late in the evening, or be prepared to take a taxi or such (assuming you don't have your own transportation) home. No matter the cost, it's a small price to pay to honor God in your relationship. See above picture. Think about the price Jesus has already paid so you can live freely in Him. Beware that you don't fall. I hope this helps. God bless you and help you make the wise decision, amen.

Bonus scriptures: Hebrews 2:17-18, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
One of my divorced girlfriends said regarding celibacy, "I just think about a deadly disease being on the other side of a thin condom." We know we get G-d's forgiveness but we won't know if there's a physical cross to catch to send us out of here sooner than normal.