Star Shooter
EbonyEyes said:
I'm joining the challenge!

I'll keep you all in my prayers.

-Ebony

Welcome to the challenge EbonyEyes. :yay:

God Bless you for making this decision. :rosebud: We love you sista.:kiss:

angaliquew

Just wondering how everyone has been doing?
I will admit I almost slipped up Friday...thought about calling up my ex (old faithful) but I just couldn't do it. Then one of my friends (who's been trying to kick it) called but I didn't even bother to call him back. I knew it might lead to something at such a vulnerable time, so I just took my butt to bed. I'm so glad I didn't break!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
angaliquew said:
Just wondering how everyone has been doing?
I will admit I almost slipped up Friday...thought about calling up my ex (old faithful) but I just couldn't do it. Then one of my friends (who's been trying to kick it) called but I didn't even bother to call him back. I knew it might lead to something at such a vulnerable time, so I just took my butt to bed. I'm so glad I didn't break!
I almost slipped yesterday too but I took control and remind my boyfriend and I that we should not do this since we are not married. ;)

Ayeshia

sugaplum said:
As far as the rules I wasn't throwing it anyone's face. :nono: I apologize if you or anyone else got this from what I posted, by no means did I mean to do this. From what I read that the mod's posted for the rules of the board it says that this forum was for those who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and believe in God. Ayeshia stated that she wasn't a Christian so I'm :confused: I'm not trying to push anyone away from the Truth.... sheesh!! :rolleyes:

I'll pray for you,sista. :kiss:
And it should be for those who are still on the fence of whether or not Christianity is for them (yours truly :)).
We are all adults here so no one regardless of what religion they are needs a reminder of what the rules were unless they were being abrupt, ignorant, and rude ya know? anyway no harm taken. It is okay for you to state what you believe or ask questions without disregarding what others believe right? If it is still a problem, I will do everyone a favor and not visit or comment in this part of the forum again :). And thanks Sade and everyone else (including you sugaplums )for being civil :kiss: Even though I am not a Christian, I still would like to feel welcomed :)

Now back to the subject,

ETA: in this challenge does foreplay count? (hugging, kissing, etc)

EbonyEyes

Ayeshia said:

For me, I've decided that there will be hugging, holding hands, and kissing on the cheek. Pecks on the lips might be okay but no french kissing. I want to avoid things that will tempt me to go further.

-Ebony

EbonyEyes

Aww Sugaplum!!! I'm in trouble!

I just re-read your post when you explained the rules and you said no clubbin!

Oh no!!

I will admit that one of the activities my best friend and I do is go to the club. Now I'm being honest with myself here....There is inappropriate dancing at the clubs I attend and I do engage in some of that inappropriate dancing. I know it has to stop but it's going to be so hard! :ohwell:

Please pray for me!!

I think I'll be fine if I continue to go to the Latin Palace though. There's salsa dancing (it's so fun!) and it's a family affair (My friend comes with her parents all the time and I'm going to start inviting my parents to come with me).

Someone mentioned earlier that they would like a chastity buddy.

Would someone like to be my chastity buddy?

I will be 21 in August and I just finished my junior year in college.

We can chat, pray for each other, encourage one another, and keep each other grounded.

PM me or reply here!

Thanks!!

Ebony

sugaplum

Star Shooter
EbonyEyes said:
Aww Sugaplum!!! I'm in trouble!

I just re-read your post when you explained the rules and you said no clubbin!

Oh no!!

I will admit that one of the activities my best friend and I do is go to the club. Now I'm being honest with myself here....There is inappropriate dancing at the clubs I attend and I do engage in some of that inappropriate dancing. I know it has to stop but it's going to be so hard! :ohwell:

Please pray for me!!

I think I'll be fine if I continue to go to the Latin Palace though. There's salsa dancing (it's so fun!) and it's a family affair (My friend comes with her parents all the time and I'm going to start inviting my parents to come with me).

Someone mentioned earlier that they would like a chastity buddy.

Would someone like to be my chastity buddy?

I will be 21 in August and I just finished my junior year in college.

We can chat, pray for each other, encourage one another, and keep each other grounded.

PM me or reply here!

Thanks!!

Ebony

I'll pm you. :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Ayeshia said:
for me and my boyfriend, we decided to cut out intimate kissing, hugging, touching, being naked, and even sexual thoughts/talking because we felt like even though there's no sexual intercourse involved, it's still wrong. It's still sexual immorality. It's all about having a pure mind and heart as well when it comes to abstaining from sex in a relationship. JMO. ;)

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
My opinion is that the salsa place is fine too. I do still plan to go and take salsa lessons and to salsa in general. I have cut out the regular club, except if somebody just begs me to go, because for me its nobody in there really doing anything but trying to hook up. Salsa is more of a cultural experience in my opinion. You aren't sinning if you go to a club, but you should always be careful to what kinds of things and people you expose yourself too because anything negative can influence you to participate in it. I dont like to be around people, drinking, smoking, and looking at my body, its just not what I am about that is why I don't really club anymore..

mahogany

sugaplum said:
How are all you ladies doing? I've been praying for you all. :angel:

I'm still going strong :) I used to have some very vivid dreams, but I have been praying about it and they have subsided, PRAISE GOD!.

Last edited:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
mahogany said:
I'm still going strong :) I used to have some very vivid dreams, but I having being praying about it and they have subsided, PRAISE GOD!.

PRAISE GOD you are doing ok and that you overcame the enemy. :yay:

Oh yeah I know all about those!! :nono: I did the same thing you did and just prayed that God interviens into my dream. It works every single time. ;)

BMoreFlyy

I must join you all now.... I've celibate now.... have been for many years... just now I've come across some temptation. :) And I just need the support to try to free my mind of the thoughts I am having.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
MsCrystal said:
I must join you all now.... I've celibate now.... have been for many years... just now I've come across some temptation. :) And I just need the support to try to free my mind of the thoughts I am having.

Alright MsCrystal!! :yay: I'm glad that you've decided to join us. :) I like your avatar as well.

How have all you ladies been? I was tempted late last night, but you know what I did, I just said "Lord deliver me from temptation." And it was like I was smacked right in the back of the head. :lol: Praise God. :)

tuffCOOKiE

HELP. HEEEEELP. I'm going through withdrawl. I havent slept with my (non) lover in two months. I have been celibate for longer but right now has been really really hard. I woke up this morning thinking about himm..

LDebagoria

Alright everyone, I've dropped out. A year has passed with my boyfriend and I, and we decided that the time was right for us. I'm definitely glad that we waited, and it was definitely worth the wait, since we've had both the awful and excellent times together, we're a lot closer now than ever.

Best wishes to all of you!

diamoness

Count me in !!!!
I've been tryin to fight off those fornication demons for a while. I'm just so weak sometimes. Lord give me strength!!!!.....Please!!!
Ladies i'mma need your help BIG TIME on this one!!!

BLESSED1

I'm out too, but I did learn somethings about myself while on the challenge. Good luck to you all, I'm still praying for everyone :yep:

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
Good grief, ladies don't be so quick to drop out. Pleasing God is INFINITELY more beneficial than pleasing your dude.

Sexing a guy that's not your husband leads to heartache...I've seen it TIME and TIME again. :(

Man, I'm discouraged.

Last edited:

BLESSED1

JuJuBoo said:
Good grief, ladies don't be so quick to drop out. Pleasing God is INFINITELY more beneficial than pleasing your dude.

Sexing a guy that's not your husband leads to heartache...I've seen it TIME and TIME again. :(

Man, I'm discouraged.

You shouldn't be discouraged if you and all of the others on the challenge are still doing well :lol: Once again I'm still praying for you ladies :kiss:

BabeinChrist

Hi all,

I'm new to the site as well as this particular discussion. I've been working hard at my relationship with God and recently joined church last year. I am joining the challenge and am working with my Pastor's mother and father on marriage and relationship issues right now. In fact, we had a marriage class for the young adults at my church during Vacation Bible School this past week. I currently don't have any romantic interests and haven't had much sexual experience either (I'm 28) so it shouldn't be too difficult for me. But boy am I learning about what God's design and plan for marriage is and it's really interesting and exciting!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
BabeinChrist said:
Hi all,

I'm new to the site as well as this particular discussion. I've been working hard at my relationship with God and recently joined church last year. I am joining the challenge and am working with my Pastor's mother and father on marriage and relationship issues right now. In fact, we had a marriage class for the young adults at my church during Vacation Bible School this past week. I currently don't have any romantic interests and haven't had much sexual experience either (I'm 28) so it shouldn't be too difficult for me. But boy am I learning about what God's design and plan for marriage is and it's really interesting and exciting!

ALRIGHT :yay: BabeinChrist!! Welcome and I'm happy that you have joined this challenge. :)

Please feel free if you need any help in your challenge, to pm me.

God Bless you my sista. :kiss:

Ms Red

I'm still in it and I pray for strength all the time. Good luck to the rest of you ladies and stay in the Word! :rosebud:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
cupcake said:
I'm still in it and I pray for strength all the time. Good luck to the rest of you ladies and stay in the Word! :rosebud:

God bless you and thank you cupcake. :rosebud:

I too will keep you in my prayers. :angel:

czyfaith77

JuJuBoo said:
Sex is a beautiful thing (I'm told :look: ), so don't feel wrong for saying you enjoy it. I'd be worried if you weren't, and still having sex with your SO.

Having that said, the question is what's more important to you? Your relationship with your SO? Or your relationship with God?

The last thing you need to worry about is how no sex is going to impact your relationship, cause the truth is--if this dude dumps you because you want to pursue a closer relationship with God, than he's not worth your time. :ohwell:

I hope I'm not too blunt. I'm blunt because i've seen friend after friend and friend choose the rather (the boyfriend) and regret it. :(

Sho'nuff!!!!!

P.S. Have been celibate for some yearsssssssssssssssssssssssss!:lachen:

Last edited:

czyfaith77

Hi Ladies, I hope that everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend. I rested and it was good! But also, I got the opportunity to get out a little today. I picked up a book. I actually saw the book twice today. The first time I saw it was at Barnes and Nobles and they only had one. It was a little pricey there. So somehow I ended up at a used book store that I frequent from time to time. I went there looking for a book to get ready for my Praxis test. How about the book was there and was only for three dollars! Mind you, being that it is a used book store you never know what is going to be there on a daily basis. So I bought it. (Never did find the Praxis book) The book was so good I read it in one setting. I read all 250 pages :lol: . I can devour a book! Anyhow, I say all of this because the book is suitable for this discussion and I hope that if you haven't read it that many of you pick it up or check it out from the library. It is called "A Lova Like No Otha" by Stephanie Perry Moore. It is a Christian fictional read. I read a couple of her books before. Another one is called "Flame" both are good and deal with similiar issues.

Here is the book's synopsis:

Zoe Clarke has a strong prayer life, a good job, loyal friends....and she was going to marry he college sweetheart and make a lifelong commitment to marriage and family. Then, minutes before the wedding, her fiance dumps her for his pregnant girlfriend-and little by little, Zoe discovers that everything else she thought was solid isn't what it seems. With her faith shaken and her life in turmoil, Zoe finds unexpected help from Chase Farr, a mighty man of God and her fiance's former best man. But the sudden attraction between them confuses her and proves hard to resist. As Zoe struggles to find her way, she discovers that the ultimate love is from the One who loved her first.

Good read ladies. It also had a special reading group guide for discussions. The questions in the guide really get you thinking and causes the reader to be reflective.

shalom

Ladies count me in. I have a lot of repenting to do when I get home. Although, I haven't done anything physically, my mind has been busy. I ran into someone I went to school with recently and just became attracted to him...........no words have passed nor phone numbers exchanged, but I have ******him every way possible in my mind. In fact, just last night I was praying to God asking him to help me rid my mind of these thoughts, maybe this is his way of offering me help, this makes me focus more on him his purpose than on me and my needs. Thanks ladies for the challenge.

To the ladies who don't feel like they can be virgins again, medically speaking you can, but this will take some time. The process is when a women has sex her hymen is broken this is how Dr's tell whether or not you have engaged in sexual activity once you have been examined. If you abstained from sex for a year or more usually the hymen will repairs itself and it will stay attached as long as you remain sexually inactive.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
shalom said:
Ladies count me in. I have a lot of repenting to do when I get home. Although, I haven't done anything physically, my mind has been busy. I ran into someone I went to school with recently and just became attracted to him...........no words have passed nor phone numbers exchanged, but I have ******him every way possible in my mind. In fact, just last night I was praying to God asking him to help me rid my mind of these thoughts, maybe this is his way of offering me help, this makes me focus more on him his purpose than on me and my needs. Thanks ladies for the challenge.

To the ladies who don't feel like they can be virgins again, medically speaking you can, but this will take some time. The process is when a women has sex her hymen is broken this is how Dr's tell whether or not you have engaged in sexual activity once you have been examined. If you abstained from sex for a year or more usually the hymen will repairs itself and it will stay attached as long as you remain sexually inactive.

ALRIGHT, God bless you for joining this challenge. :yay: I will keep you in my prayers.

So in other words if you haven't had sex in over a year or more you can become a virgin all over again? WOW!! :shocked: I never knew this. Thanks for the info. :yep:

I had this very same exact struggle in my mind. I would dream about it and everything. Even when I'm trying to stay focused at work or even when I'm praying the enemy attacks my mind with these thoughts. :nono: I just ask God to intervien in my dreams and my daily activities. Boy, when I was in the world, (partying ., doing what i wanted, fornicating, etc.) :blondboob I was never attacked by the enemy.

crzyfaith77-I will have to look out for that author and her books. It sounds like her books are very inspirational. ;)

Last edited:

fivefoursweetie

Hi, Im new to the site and this post. I am in on the challenge. I struggle with remaining celibate. Please keep me in your prayers, because I would like to complete this challenge. There were lots of great suggestions that I hope will help me while dating to refrain from sexual activities. Thank you and God bless. Also, is anyone on this post from the Chicago area, cause I just moved here, and it would be nice to hook up with a sister in christ out here.