Abyssinian Oil - Natural Heat Protectant?

Rastafarai

Have any of you wonderful ladies ever tried it? I'm looking for a more natural alternative to silicones for heat protection.

Here is some info on the oil:

Abyssinian oil is very easily absorbed into the hair texture generating a genuine smoother texture, even if the hair is exceedingly dry. Abyssinian Oil has an exclusive molecular structure (very long) not found in any other naturally occurring oils. It could be compared to silicone, without being a petrochemical product but being a whole natural and environment friendly product (silicone is absolutely never degradating, so when produced industrially, will never disappear from the planet’s crust).

Abyssinian oil is proven to produce a natural shiny luster to hair and will glide onto the surface forming a light continuous lipid layer providing lubricity – protecting the hair from friction and damage, helping to detangle the hair and lock in essential moisture. Abyssinian oil also imparts silky conditioning without greasiness.

Abyssinian oil is very stable against heat breakdown and is highly resistant to oxidation, allowing your hair’s cuticle to remain sealed, protecting the cortex within.

Thanks to its particular resistance to heat, you can spread that oil as a serum before using your hair styler. The heat won’t arm the fragile texture of your hair.!!!

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Why would you tell me about this when I just discarded LOADS of good haircare products in the bin? Sigh, I'm trying to get rid of my addiction. LOL. @Curlycarib Where did you order yours?

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Why would you tell me about this when I just discarded LOADS of good haircare products in the bin? Sigh, I'm trying to get rid of my addiction. LOL. @Curlycarib Where did you order yours?

I got mine from lotioncrafter.com. I live in the desert so I always add shea butter, silk amino acid and an oil to my lotion or else I'd be walking around just as ashy as I want to be. Not a good look. The abyssinian oil works really well in my lotion blend.

Aggie

I have this in one of my wish list to purchase at some point. But since I'm not actively putting heat on my hair at the moment, it can wait for a while. I'm waiting to be at least grazing BSL before wearing it straightened. I'm working on getting there by the end if this year:yep:.