Adding Panthenol to your shampoo

candycane

Anybody?

I used to do this a couple of years back but stopped because my health food store no longer carried it. I think I may start again once they get it back in stock. This is what I found:

Panthenol is the naturally occurring form of Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) found in human hair that supports the growth and maintenance of bodily tissues. When applied to hair, it is quickly absorbed into the hair shaft, where it thickens and moisturizes. Most shampoos with Panthenol contain only 1 - 2% of this important nutrient.

Suggested Usage: Add 1/2 to 1 oz. of pure Panthenol to 16 oz. of your favorite shampoo. Mix well. If hard, it can be melted or softened by placing in a pan of hot water for 30 minutes or microwaved for a few seconds.

candycane

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Interesting. I knew that many shampoos today have this ingredient,but I did not know it was this minimal.

candycane

I too was surprised by this fact as well. I already take pantothenic acid (b-5) as a supplement and because it states that panthenol is easily absorbed into the hair I figured I could really get my fine hair to thicken up a bit if I am doing both internal and external. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

candycane

Neroli

I add a bit of NOW foods brand 100% pure panthenol to my ends when I rollerset after washing -- moisturizes and helps keep the bounce/curl a bit longer then when I don't use.

Neroli

I have my local health food store special order for me, about $6.00. The 1 oz jar lasts me about 2 years 'cause I use very sparingly . . .

candycane

I found it to be really thick. Does it end up being thick or sticky when you use it directly on your ends rather than in your shampoo?

candycane

Neroli

I rub a dap in my palm first, than add bit of whatever leave-in and/or oil I'm using and apply to ENDS only. Then I rollerset. I really like the panthenol/castor oil combo on my ends for super moisture and long lasting bounce to my rollersets.

chellee

I am interested in knowing the results of those that have done this also. Does the thickness go away once you discontinue usage?