Ads On Lhcf Website

DST1913

So I usually only come on this site on my phone and I noticed in maybe the past 2 weeks there are now links to ads and banners that are coming up when I come on this site. Its all hair related but I know its spam

Does anyone else see this or do I have some sort of virus? It was never there before. If so does anyone have any clue how to make it go away? Screenshot below.. .

Screenshot_20170223-165809.png

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Sorry for the late reply. There have been several threads on this so I am sorry I missed this one to reply. We are working to make the ad experience better for you. We experienced technical issues with the other ad product and had to switch to this product unexpectedly. If you can give us a few weeks, I am sure this will be resolved. We are trying to figure out how to get rid of the scrolling banner. I didn't realize that this was an issue until a couple of days ago. I agree it is annoying. It cost several thousand dollars a year to purchase to maintain the servers and bandwith to keep the site up and running without latency. We need to have ads to offset this cost. thank you for understanding. The ads come from reputable companies, (bing/yahoo) and will not harm your computer with viruses in any way.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Sorry for the late reply. There have been several threads on this so I am sorry I missed this one to reply. We are working to make the ad experience better for you. We experienced technical issues with the other ad product and had to switch to this product unexpectedly. If you can give us a few weeks, I am sure this will be resolved. We are trying to figure out how to get rid of the scrolling banner. I didn't realize that this was an issue until a couple of days ago. I agree it is annoying. It cost several thousand dollars a year to purchase to maintain the servers and bandwith to keep the site up and running without latency. We need to have ads to offset this cost. thank you for understanding. The ads come from reputable companies, (bing/yahoo) and will not harm your computer with viruses in any way.
Thanks for the explanation! The scrolling banner is affecting the quality of our experience.

DST1913

Thanks for the reply. I will sit tight

Yes the scrolling banner is very distracting for my eyes, it makes it hard to focus them.

If you change your phone orientation to landscape the scrolling one disappears. But I prefer portrait mode...

Update: I just downloaded the Norton ad blocker and it got rid of both ads!

Last edited:

Feenix

Est. In 08'
The banner that has the name up above causes my screen to adjust while reading ( very , very annoying) I presume that the browser is adjusting the entire page to the size of the banner which is wayyyyyy smaller than the rest of the page. Actually its about half the size. If this can be fixed, then the pages would remain the size they should.

Help @dimopoulos

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
My anti-virus program keeps blocking www.plum.com from gathering info from my computer. It only tried to come up when I'm on LHCF. Does anybody else get that?