Affirm discontinued!?

Zuppy

I use Phyto.. but my daugther uses affirm. I went to two good sized beauty supply stores and was told affirm is no longer made! :eek: I was shocked! I used Mizani on my daughter instead, I was not happy with the results. What else could she use?

TIA
Zz

Chaya

I also find that hard to believe. Mizani is very drying unfortunately. My stylist alternates between Affirm regular and Sentonics. She also finds Affirm to be drying. I love sentonics. I use regular and it is VERY gentle on the hair yet it does the job. I have found sentonics on irbysbeautysupply.com.

shellzfoshizzle

I dont believe that! In my area and many surrounding areas, Affirm is the number one professional/salon relaxer....soo uhhhhh...they might need to handle that!

northernbelle

Well, I received a touch up last Friday (3/11/05), with Affirm, and my stylist said NOTHING about the product being discontinued. In fact, she and I has a nice exchange re: the benefits of Affirm versus Affirm with Fiberguard.

Zuppy, Perhaps it's being removed from the shelves of the particulat BSS you patronized?

I trust my stylist.:)

northernbelle

DMarie

northernbelle said:
Well, I received a touch up last Friday (3/11/05), with Affirm, and my stylist said NOTHING about the product being discontinued. In fact, she and I has a nice exchange re: the benefits of Affirm versus Affirm with Fiberguard.

Zuppy, Perhaps it's being removed from the shelves of the particulat BSS you patronized?

I trust my stylist.:)

northernbelle

Northernbelle,

What are the benefits of affirm versus affirm with fiberguard? I'm about to use the fiberguard and would really appreciate hearing your views on the product.

DMarie

star

Zuppy said:
I use Phyto.. but my daugther uses affirm. I went to two good sized beauty supply stores and was told affirm is no longer made! :eek: I was shocked! I used Mizani on my daughter instead, I was not happy with the results. What else could she use?

TIA
Zz
Sometimes if a distrubutor and the stores in certain areas run into problems with getting products on the shelf they say statments such as these. It may be that that stores is not getting the product anymore and just do not want lose you as customer. Be care with things like this. :look:

Last edited:

Neroli

To my knowledge, affirm is not sold at beauty supply stores, you must be licensed to purchase. THAT is why sheldez and other online retailers are a god-send for "regular" customers like me . . .

I'm pretty sure that it is still available, you have to order online though -- I've never been able to just walk in to ANY beauty supply and buy affirm . . .

ElizaBlue

Neroli said:
To my knowledge, affirm is not sold at beauty supply stores, you must be licensed to purchase. THAT is why sheldez and other online retailers are a god-send for "regular" customers like me . . .

I'm pretty sure that it is still available, you have to order online though -- I've never been able to just walk in to ANY beauty supply and buy affirm . . .

The BSS can't sell it on the shelf, I can get the Positive Link conditioner and the scalp protective, but not the relaxer. Sounds like to me they were probably trying to get you to purchase what they have and could get, rather than risk you going somehwere else.

Zuppy

I did call Avlon. Affirm is not discontinued, it looks like there just cracking down on non-liscensed distributors. I've been buying Affirm at these two stores for at least 3 years. Guess I'll have to try on line or switch! Thanks for all the feedback.

star

Alot of beauty stores partner with licensed beautians and are able to stock alot of salon products. My area's typical beauty stores have drastically change due :) to this new kind of partnersship.

Neroli said:

RabiaElaine

Zuppy said:

TIA
Zz

Affirm in not discontinued. I learned from my very reputable BSS that there are some BSS stores that were selling Affirm without license to sell it (I have no idea how they would be able to do this). So they had to get the affirm pulled from those shelves, and make sure that the right people are selling it. Either way affirm is still on the market, you can order online or at other reputable BSS stores. Also all the salons that are licensed to use Affirm are still using it on their clients.

beloved1

OH, well that explains it, b/c our BSS were selling them, and now it's all gone, so it must have gotten pulled! Darn, looks like I'm going to go ahead and take the Phyto plunge- I was just looking for an excuse anyway:)

northernbelle

DMarie said:
Northernbelle,

What are the benefits of affirm versus affirm with fiberguard? I'm about to use the fiberguard and would really appreciate hearing your views on the product.

DMarie

DMarie,

If I understood what my stylist told me, Affirm with Fiberguard contains silicones to wrap and protect the hair, giving it greater strength and added moisture. She did say that I would be paying much more for my relaxer touch ups if she were to use the Affirm with Fiberguard. According to my stylist, it's the top of the line in as far as relaxers go. Unfortunately, the JC Penney salon I patronize will not order the Affirm with Fiberguard.

northernbelle

Kitkat

You guys have got me scared. I'm going to check my fave BSS in downtown Brooklyn to see if they still carry Affirm. I self-relax using Affirm and have never had any problems. Come to think of it, the drama always came after using other relaxers!;)

I'd love to try Fiberguard, though. I'd probably have to order that online because I don't remember ever seeing it in any BSS, and most BSS's here in NYC carry just about every relaxer you can think of.