Afghan Court wants to Kill Christian Man because he's a Christian!!

wyldcurlz

Please, please pray for this man Abdul Rahman!!! And if you can, write the Afghan embassy in Washington DC! This man converted to Christianity over 15 years ago. His family turned him in and according to Afghan religious scholars on Nightline tonight, IN AFGHANISTAN YOU MUST BE MUSLIM & anyone who practices any religion outside of being a muslim MUST BE PUT TO DEATH!!!!

this is why we have soldiers fighting for their freedom? Please pray for this man and whatever else you can do. The Afghan court has said the only way he can be saved is to renounce his Christianity. Mr. Rahman has said that is not an option!

Background info: Rahman's family turned him in after he returned to Afghanistan and they found a bible in his room. According to their law if you find someone practicing Christianity and you do not turn them in, you will be put to death!

Afghanistan says court will rule whether Christian convert faces death penalty
Greg Sampson at 11:38 AM ET

The government of Afghanistan said Wednesday that a court would rule on whether Abdul Rahman, accused of converting to Christianity, will face the death penalty for his conversion. Under Islamic law, apostasy is a capital offense. The case against him [JURIST report] has shocked many members of the international community, including the US [VOA report], and has prompted former Italian President Francesco Cossiga to call for the withdrawal of Italian troops from the country if the trial continues. The Afghan embassy in Washington, DC has received hundreds of messages about the case as well.

The outcry has caused problems for Afghanistan leader Hamid Karzai [BBC profile], who depends on the support of international troops [NATO ISAF website] to maintain stability in the country. Reuters has more. To complicate matters even further, prosecutor Sarinwal Zamari said [AP report] Wednesday that some question has been raised as to Rahman's mental fitness to stand trial.

More info on case from Amnesty International:
http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/document.do?id=ENGASA110082006

Last edited:

hottopic

I heard about this in church this morning. I made me cry that people are still dying for believing in Christ.

Trini"T"

I'm glad you put this up, I was so shocked I planned on putting it up myself. I'll be praying for Abdul. This is so crazy:( I just want to know if they're following the Quaran by sentencing Abdul to death for his conversion.

Zakina

I myself am muslim and I think it's appauling. it's not according to our teachings to kill a person just because he has another faith and I am very sorry that people have misunderstood the religion so gravely on both sides.