African Pride Moisture Miracle! Say What??

DVAntDany

I just saw on their instagram they added a hard hold gel to the line. I'm so mad because I wont be able to try it until spring. If its like the regular one, I should be pleased.
Yeah all the dollar stores have been stocked with the hard hold but I could not find them online on the African Pride website. I wasn’t sure if they were legit or not. So I avoided trying them.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Yeah all the dollar stores have been stocked with the hard hold but I could not find them online on the African Pride website. I wasn’t sure if they were legit or not. So I avoided trying them.
Which dollar stores have this in stock? I'm intrigued.

DVAntDany

Which dollar stores have this in stock? I'm intrigued.
I live in a very rural area and every Dollar General has both of the gels in stock. The Family Dollars in the area carry different products in the line. So they aren’t as reliable.

DVAntDany

I bought 3 gels at Dollar General lol there were 2 different firm hold gels so I scooped up both
Instagram said one of the firm hold gels is to be used for twist outs and braid outs. Somehow that doesn’t make me think it would be that firm. I don’t know because I haven’t tried it yet. Please tell me your results when you do @Napp

DVAntDany

Here is a review on both of the new gels.

Ok, at my local Dollar General these are $4. I saw a Dollar General out of town that was doing the buy 2 get one free. They were selling them for $4.50 each. I could have sworn these were $5 when I first purchased the hydrating gel.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The Pre shampoo works very well as a detangler. Super detangling. Loads of slip and moisture. I used it yesterday on my little one to detangle and left it in. I plan on washing his hair tomorrow but this stuff is lovely. It slids down the strands and after it sits for awhile, you can slide your fingers down the hair and any shed hairs seem to stick to your fingers. Very good product. I like it way better than the Knot Glide for him.
@DVAntDany fyi

DVAntDany

Those gels are slightly different but not by too much. They all smell different. I like the clear one best.

The green one has a soft hold. I tried to slick my edges down on dry hair and it did nothing but frizz my hair up. It also feels oily.

I did a wash and go with the brown one today. It’s thicker but it dries differently on my hair. The clear hydrating one leaves a soft plastic feeling cast like a custard would. The brown one has a crispier feeling cast that can easily be scrunched out. The wetter the hair, the more easy it was to scrunch the crunch when dry. The scrunched out portions were fluffier.

I need to try the green one by itself as a wash and go to really know what I think of all 3.