African Royale Daily Doctor REAPLACEMENT LONG RANT

Crissi

So im proper vexx right i sent Bronner Bros this email, fully backing up my case on why thenew formula is so rubbish

Dear Sir/Madam,
I see that Bronner Bros has decided to change the Daily Doctor formula, making it new and "improved", however my hair really dislikes the "improved" formula, i have been using this product for years, nothing works like it, everytime i try something different it never works like this, nothing could compare. This product would moisturize and soften my hair in a quickness and halt any breakage, thus allow me to retain legnth.

However in contrast to these wonderful experiences the new formula does nothing but lay on my head for a while and then dry out - leaving my hair dry.

If i recall correctly the original ingredints were

Deionized water, glycerine, allantoin, aloe vera gel, polydimethylsiloxane, silk amino protein, polysorbate 80, sage, ginseng extract, sheep sorrell, yarrow, wheat germ, slippery elm bark, henna, comfrey, burdock root, goldenseal, cherry bark, black walnut, chamomile, jarborandi (heavenly hemp), alfalfa, hyssop, methyl paraben, and fragrance.

So by looking at the new formula the company had removed the aloe vera gel (which is great for retaining moisture) and adding ingredients like propylene glycol, dicetyldimonium chloride - others as well but theres no need to name them. The company has also added lanolin, which my hair despites. This could be due to the fact that lanolin can have a drying effect because it acts as a "water-proofing wax" so it may seal in moisture initially but if one tries to moisturize again itslikely to fail since the hair is been deprived moisture from the lanolin that is still sitting onthe hair shaft - thus resulating in dyness, which can set off the chain of effects - leading to brittle hair and breakage.

I wouldn't want to use a product that contains paraffin and lanolin in it often because it could form emulsion, which may result in build up, which would result in having to clarify more frequently - and a majority of clarifiers contain harsh detergents = breakage when used to frequently as they also dry out the hair, and scal, stripping them of natural oil - as you can see this just turns into a never ending circle that always leads to breakage and damage

To conclude. I don't mean to sound patronizing or condescending however i feel the need to point out why the new formula may not be so much an "improved" formula. To be honest it is terrible the old formula was great there was no need for it to be changed, as the saying goes "why fix it if it isn't broke". Im sure i am not the only customer who dislikes the new formula - but maybe im one of the only customers that are going to voice my unhappiness with this new and "improved" formula. However is there ANY chance of bringing back the original formula, or could the company sell both, because some customers may like the new formula - but i am one of those that don't.

I will be anxiously awaiting a reply

Yours Faithfully

Christina Walker

Their response

Dear Ms. Walker

I received your email regarding the product African Royale Daily Doctor and I thank you for your comments. However prior to changing the formula market analysis indicated to us that the old formula was not feasible for our customers. Therefore a formula change was initiated. After several months of market analysis with variations in the formula it was determined to implement the present formula.

With this in mind the possibility of reintroducing the old formula or having two formulas will not be feasible for Bronner Brothers at this time.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Yolanda D. Clay
Manager of Regulatory/Compliance

Now i beleive i brang up a decent argument, but couldn't they just be real?! come on all i see in the new and "improved" formula is a whole load of unecessary ingredients like lanolin and paraffinum, which tend to work against "our" hair. Its like the filled it with all the cheap stuff and took away good stuff e.g aloe vera gel. Yea i know that they weren't going to bring back the old for one customer but it seems that they just got cheap and took away the good stuf and filled it with a bunch of crap! :mad:

So anywhoo after all that complaining they have lost a customer, and they've probably lost more (mainly those that are on forums like LHCF and NP)

So anyways i need a replacement thats just as good as the old formula if not better.

Sorry about the long rant!

TIA

Crisis, x

Last edited:

lsubabiedee

what do they mean by the old formula wasn't feasible for the customers?

shouldn't they say it's is cheaper for them to use the new ingredients so that's why they changed the formula?

Bublin

Crissi - i read the first line of your post and just knew you were British :lol:

I would be proper vexx too if i had found a product that worked well for me only for the makers to change it to save money......they clearly swapped a more expensive natural ingredient for synthetic crap.

They will lose more customers over time and maybe you'll get your old formula back.

TemiLnd

I feel you made a good argument Crissi
I use African Pride and that has been doing wonders. Have you tried that seeing as African Royale has changed their product?

Hey Bubblin,
That’s exactly what I thought when I read it. This chick is definitely British. We are the only ones that say proper vex – the ones that have some hood in them. Lol…:lachen:

Crissi

Lol i never knew how obvious i sounded when i said "said proper vexx" haha... Thank you for understanding my argument ladies, i still can't beleive they got so cheap, oops sorry i mean "improved" and thanx TemiLnd im going to try the african pride - but which one are you talking about?

TemiLnd

Hey Girl,
Yeah it was kinda bate. lol:grin:
I use African Braid Sheen and i use to use the scalp grease.
I am looking at the ingrediatent right now and its full of oil extracts.
Maybe the next time you go hair product shopping, have a look at the brand and it's ingredients.
HTH.