After 2 yrs. Natural, I Texturized... *pics*

lovelymissyoli

After being natural for two years, I decided to texturize/relax my hair on 10/18/2007.

I guess a couple of factors led to my decision, the main culprits being: knots and breakage. And as much as I loved shrinkage for two-strand twists, flat twists, braidouts and puffs, I think this was also another factor.

In the end, I made the decision to texturize and I have no regrets. I no longer see any broken hairs on my floor, which has been a major setback for me these past 5 months.

I was pretty scared at first because I know I didn’t want bone straight relaxed hair, so I made sure that I mixed a protein conditioner, some jojoba oil, and castor oil into the ORS relaxer that I used. I really didn’t research what relaxer to use, but the ORS (Organic Root Stimulator) seemed the best choice on that aisle in Target. In the end, I’m happy with my results. I texturized using a method I’ve never really heard anyone use before, but which made sense, and that was to apply the relaxer while my hair was still in twists. I guess you can call it laziness because I didn’t want to take these 3 week old twists down, or I was simply curious to see what might happen, but all in all, I think this method is a keeper.

I didn’t end up with too many straight ends…maybe 5-8…and my hair pretty much looks the same, minus my ends constantly breaking and the shrinkage…well sort of. Since I was really scared of the chemicals I did a few strand tests and found that a processing time of 5 minutes worked the best. Anything more (as you’ll see in my album) caused too much straightness.

We'll see how my hair fares in the upcoming months...

More pics are in my album, and the “how-to” folder is by password request only.

-lovelymissyoli

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Wow...just....WOW

Your hair looks amazing.

I texturized using a method I’ve never really heard anyone use before, but which made sense, and that was to apply the relaxer while my hair was still in twists.

Lovelymissyoli has invented a new way to perm.

You realize that you are officially a hair board legend.

I am in the presence of greatness.

Moroni

Wow! Your hair is absolutely breathtaking! I'll be sure to show your hair pictures to my daughter, when we're making hair decisions. She has got to see your HAIR!!!

cmw45

*sighs* Ugh! Your hair is gorgeous! I want to texturize for the exact same reasons that you mention in your post...however, I am afraid of it going completely straight at the touch ups...and loosing thickness.:wallbash: *sighs*

starfish79

*sighs* Ugh! Your hair is gorgeous! I want to texturize for the exact same reasons that you mention in your post...however, I am afraid of it going completely straight at the touch ups...and loosing thickness.:wallbash: *sighs*

ummmm....exactly what she said!!! :grin: