After 2 yrs. Natural, I Texturized... *pics*

MissJ

One of my natural inspirations has texturized. I've been having the same problems as you, but I'm using braids to solve it now. Your hair looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to see how it progresses!

Do you think it will be hard not to overlap? How often do you plan on re-texturizing? You seem to have found a great method to keep your curls but just loosen them.

Gemini350z

Gorgeous!! That was a very innovative way to texturize. What are you going to do at touch up time, retwist and do the same thing?

Bubblingbrownshuga

Lovely,
Girl your hair looks lovely, just like your screenname. I can tell you this, when you were natural, I used to have to back out of your albums b/c those hairstyles you created were OFF DA CHAIN!!! I was tempted to fly out to you to get my hair done, :lol:

sylver2

Okay u siad this is what your hair looked like when you were natural and it was wet??? If so are u sure you are a 4a. My hair never looked like that wet when I was natural. never ever..no matter what i put in it. My daughters doesn't either.

silvergirl

One question did you comb it or is it still somewhat twisted in the pics? 'Cause it if stays in those little spirals after you comb it I'm SO doing that next texlax!

id like to see that too, im not considering a texlax at all, cause i love my curls. but im curious to know how it turns out once its combed and dried. she may have discouvered a whole new way to texlax hair :)

lovelymissyoli

Oli: Is your hair wet in these pics? And, how large were your twists?

My hair was drying in these pictures. I wet it earlier that morning.

As for the twists, they were pretty small. If you send me a pw request for the "The Process" folder in my album you can get an accurate picture of how they looked.

lovelymissyoli

:wow: EXACTLY what she said but I have considered texlaxing. So what's the password?!:look::grin:

ETA: Is it just me but it says all the folders are empty?

I've been getting that a lot. You have to be signed into Fotki to see my albums. I changed my settings a while back so that only Fotki members can view and comment on my photos.

lovelymissyoli

OMG I love it! :lovedrool: It's like when people with straight hair get curly perms and set the hair on spiral rods. That makes complete sense. :yep:

One question did you comb it or is it still somewhat twisted in the pics? 'Cause it if stays in those little spirals after you comb it I'm SO doing that next texlax!

It dries that way with, with tighter coils at the bottom of my hair and much looser ones on top. I don't plan on trying to loosen the bottom half until my hair grows much longer because now it evens out a little more. I did a 2nd big chop back in May so the bottom half is much longer than the layers on top of my hair and the shrinkage works out just fine.

I've been washing n' going everyday since Thursday. I've finger combed my hair and washed it plenty of times and it still stays the same. I haven't detangled my hair with a comb, so I'll see if it stays the same probably sometime next week.

I'll add completely dry pics later on this evening.

angellazette

Hey Yoli!

It looks goooood!

Now post some more of those pics in here cause my fotki is out of commission and I can't see yours :nono:

Last edited:

sareca

I've been washing n' going everyday since Thursday. I've finger combed my hair and washed it plenty of times and it still stays the same. I haven't detangled my hair with a comb, so I'll see if it stays the same probably sometime next week.

Okay, thanks! :) I can see the headlines now... Spirals aren't just for for perms any more.:lachen:

Last edited:

ClassicBeauty

It dries that way with, with tighter coils at the bottom of my hair and much looser ones on top. I don't plan on trying to loosen the bottom half until my hair grows much longer because now it evens out a little more. I did a 2nd big chop back in May so the bottom half is much longer than the layers on top of my hair and the shrinkage works out just fine.

Your hair is very pretty.

I just have one question...if you don't detangle it and untwist it all the way, aren't you afraid that some small amounts of chemicals may not have been rinsed out? (Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole process.)

Soliel185

Okay u siad this is what your hair looked like when you were natural and it was wet??? If so are u sure you are a 4a. My hair never looked like that wet when I was natural. never ever..no matter what i put in it. My daughters doesn't either.

Yeah me neither. I was starting to doubt myself. My Natural hair wet = supa tight fro with ringlet ends -- see siggy.